News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got the itch to buy a total beast for the street!

Started by johnnyseville, January 14, 2013, 09:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyseville

Lately I have been wanting to pick up something for weekends that really should not be street driven.  A total all out beast.  Have looked online for even blown cars running on methanol, about as nuts as you can get.  Just the feel of awesome horsepower gets my adrenalin flowing, even if driving 20 mph, I know just a punch of the trottle and all hell will break loose.  Anyone get the same urges?
too many to list!

Bobs69

Yes.  Something that will make the nieghbours say "What the hell is that idiot doing?!" 

When you are driving downtown at 20mph and some mother walking her kid sees you she can't help but say out loud, "asshole!"

rt green

thats why i bought a tunnel ram.  probably not the most practical for a quarter mile car, but for what you are thinking about. something nasty.
third string oil changer

68X426

Doesn't have to be all out. Half way out is a blast.

My 505 Hemi with open cutouts routinely sets off car alarms when cruising slow. It's fun, and surely does piss off the owners of Range Rovers and Jaguars.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Lennard

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 14, 2013, 10:10:25 PM
Yes.  Something that will make the nieghbours say "What the hell is that idiot doing?!"  
When you are driving downtown at 20mph and some mother walking her kid sees you she can't help but say out loud, "asshole!"
I've had that before I took it apart for a resto... fast and loud! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uW0dJyMKsU

dyslexic teddybear

Many years ago, I read a top ten list about reasons why Mopars are the best.

The one that stuck in my mind.....IIRC was No7.

Having to shut your blown 572 hemi off.....because you are scaring the girl at the drive-thru window.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Had that itch for a long time.

Cooter

When I feel the need, I simply go out and fire up the 505 C.I. Wewdge in the Dart with open Headers. Zip it up the road and instantly feel better about being Mopar.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

johnnyseville

Before I restored my Hemi, with mufflers,  used to set off car alarms all the time.  People would look around when I came down the block at 20mph, sounded like a 747 coming in, I really miss those days. My stock Hemi is really boring, they were meant to be built. 
too many to list!

johnnyseville

Quote from: Lennard on January 15, 2013, 12:04:25 AM
Quote from: Bobs69 on January 14, 2013, 10:10:25 PM
Yes.  Something that will make the nieghbours say "What the hell is that idiot doing?!"  
I've had that before I took it apart for a resto... fast and loud! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uW0dJyMKsU

Never had tunnels on mine, used a cross ram with Holleys, but it reminds me of my old 1963 Nova, Tunnel Ram 327, had all the goodies, cost me 1K back in the day, I really beat it, but it kept going.
too many to list!

ernie

ernie

mauve66

had a chance to buy a RR just like that in 87-88 in colorado springs, just couldn't swing the cash and the bank said no, its too old
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment