News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jessica Barton's Toyota Stripped

Started by JB400, January 07, 2013, 11:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

This makes me sick.  T'd off as well.  Thieves stole her car and stripped it down to scrap metal.  I know it's a Toyota, but this crap shouldn't happen to any car or anybody.  I just hope they find who done it and keep it from happening again.  At least she's pretty to look at :2thumbs:

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/swimsuit-model-1-200-hp-supra-stolen-chopped-224520926.html

resq302

looks like they cut the quarter right at the weld point too!  thieves must have know what they were doing or she didn't want the car back!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

STIG

This is painful to see. I've watched the progress of this car from day one and seeing one of the most famous Supra's in the world go in a matter of hours... gut-wrenched!  :'(
1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee', 440 Six-Pack, Genuine Big Block, R/T SE

From way down South in the land of Kiwis.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

She's more of a model than anything.  People in Florida might see here more regularly on tv as a host.  She's also a drag racer.  This Toyota would dip into the 8's in the quarter mile.  I had her as my sig for a while :drool5:

TruckDriver

Oh ok. I don't follow drag racing unless it's old cars like muscle cars or gassers.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

STIG

Yip, she ran an 8.64 PB - not too bad for a car that's meant for the motorway (though there are a few now into the low-7s/high-6s and still street cars)! She must have dropped the boost, because at the last dyno readout she made 1,486hp at the rear wheels.

Here's her boyfriend, Darin's Supra... phwoar the sound (1:15 onwards)  :icon_smile_big::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkB6Zl1wc8

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

Well, I'm glad to hear that she is might build another one.  Hopefully, this one will be better than the last one.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jessica-barton-unofficially-says-she-will-build-another-toyota-supra

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Todd Wilson

I would like to strip her down instead of the car!   :icon_smile_big:

Todd

tan top

need hands chopping off  :yesnod:

Quote from: Todd Wilson on January 12, 2013, 01:46:50 AM
I would like to strip her down instead of the car!   :icon_smile_big:

Todd

:yesnod:

when i first quickly read the title of the thread ,  for a second though it said  jessica barton stripped on a toyota  :D
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

1970Moparmann

This sucks no matter the brand.

Powerful statement here-

"While auto thefts have been declining in recent years, more industrious thieves have turned to race cars and hot rods, since they're often built with more expensive parts and frequently lack the anti-theft or tracking devices built into newer models." 

This is what scars me. 

Time to get that security system in place that I've been procrastinating on.  :2thumbs: 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 12, 2013, 09:48:53 AM

Powerful statement here-

"While auto thefts have been declining in recent years, more industrious thieves have turned to race cars and hot rods, since they're often built with more expensive parts and frequently lack the anti-theft or tracking devices built into newer models." 

This is what scars me. 

Time to get that security system in place that I've been procrastinating on.  :2thumbs: 

Consider that they're also white elephants lately trying to sell them for anywhere near what anybody has in them.  Makes them more suspect to be conveniently "stolen" for an insurance check. 
Never heard of this chick before... I wouldn't actually accuse her of anything but I wouldn't rule it out.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

JB400

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on January 12, 2013, 11:16:33 AM

Powerful statement here-

This is what scars me.  

Time to get that security system in place that I've been procrastinating on.  :2thumbs:  

Consider that they're also white elephants lately trying to sell them for anywhere near what anybody has in them.  Makes them more suspect to be conveniently "stolen" for an insurance check.  
Never heard of this chick before... I wouldn't actually accuse her of anything but I wouldn't rule it out.
Have you been talking to Cooter lately? :smilielol:

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 12, 2013, 11:18:41 AM

Powerful statement here-

This is what scars me.  

Time to get that security system in place that I've been procrastinating on.  :2thumbs:  

Consider that they're also white elephants lately trying to sell them for anywhere near what anybody has in them.  Makes them more suspect to be conveniently "stolen" for an insurance check.  

Hey now, I resemble that remark! :lol:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mauve66

there was a 400 buck coupon off lojack on here somewhere, they told me you have to take it to one of THEiR installers though, wonder if it would be worth it to stop someone from stealing Mary......... oh wait, she sat outside for 3 days and nights and no one wanted her, after all, who has the money to replace all the parts on a 1st gen...................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: mauve66 on January 12, 2013, 02:39:35 PM
there was a 400 buck coupon off lojack on here somewhere, they told me you have to take it to one of THEiR installers though, wonder if it would be worth it to stop someone from stealing Mary......... oh wait, she sat outside for 3 days and nights and no one wanted her, after all, who has the money to replace all the parts on a 1st gen...................

Who even knows what a 1st Gen is outside the hobby?
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

mauve66

oh that's right, most of you call it a Marlin.............................. :brickwall: :brickwall: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
i did have several people come by and say they knew someone in a body shop.................. one even knew it was a Charger :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Ghoste

Outside of the hobby not that many people can recognize a 69 Charger from other years either.  When I had my Super Bee I had someone outside the hobby mention about it being made by Volkswagen in his attempt to find common ground.  Mind you that was back when the Super Beetle was only a few years out of production and the Super Bee was a little over a decade out but does a B-body Dodge looke like ANYTHING produced by Volkswagen??  My point being that outside of the hobby all cars are just appliances.

70moparman

Here's her boyfriend, Darin's Supra... phwoar the sound (1:15 onwards)  :icon_smile_big::

[/quote]

That car pulls away from that Lambo like its parked...  :icon_smile_tongue: Thats awsome...  That 3rd Gen Supra is one of the best looking cars Toyota has ever had its name on, along with the 1st Gen Celicas and the famed 2000 GT!

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on January 12, 2013, 01:47:23 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 12, 2013, 11:18:41 AM

Powerful statement here-

This is what scars me.  

Hey now, I resemble that remark! :lol:

no you dont you love it  :nana:

1974dodgecharger

I like those supras also, but he claims 8 sec car....that is what I have time believing with 800HP as a daily driver!!!  Theres a guy name Mark Tozer here in phoenix that has  1200hp car that runs high 10s and gets lows 11s and yes has air also running so thats why I have a hard time believing his 8sec with 800hp.

Supras are HP queens, but the torque stays relavively the same through out.

alright I watched some more of his videos...I see what he does vs track vs street driven.  Mark tozer goes from his house to the track.......no mods done.

Quote from: 70moparman on January 13, 2013, 09:08:42 PM

That car pulls away from that Lambo like its parked...  :icon_smile_tongue: Thats awsome...  That 3rd Gen Supra is one of the best looking cars Toyota has ever had its name on, along with the 1st Gen Celicas and the famed 2000 GT!
[/quote]

STIG

When you get 950+ horse out on the track with a Supra, the car's not going anywhere too quickly! It's a whale that's meant for the motorway. Even with ~500hp  I struggled to find traction through 5th gear every time. They don't like the drag strip naturally. 800hp range is optimum for the best results out of these cars IMO, any more and you're just ice skating  ;)

STIG

GPULLER

I was thinking she was Ray Barton's relation and the Toyota was Hemi powered.   I guess not.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: STIG on January 13, 2013, 09:50:07 PM
When you get 950+ horse out on the track with a Supra, the car's not going anywhere too quickly! It's a whale that's meant for the motorway. Even with ~500hp  I struggled to find traction through 5th gear every time. They don't like the drag strip naturally. 800hp range is optimum for the best results out of these cars IMO, any more and you're just ice skating  ;)

you see his fat wheels though of the track video thats how he is probably gripping and getting those 8secs.  Watch his other videso he has regular tires for street driven.

STIG

Ah yeah, that's true. I know with my ones I could never keep them down at the strip (that's with a fraction of that power), but on the race track they fair pretty well... it's all that low-mid range torque and the horsepower all the way through the rev range that makes these cars typically ill-fitted for the strip   :icon_smile_tongue: Though the GAS one is running high-6s now I believe and I've got a magazine showing a MKIV in street trim running low-7s. Ahh... I miss Supras, it's like driving a plane  :icon_smile_big:

aussiemuscle

an increasing problem in Sydney is thieves target older cars, hot-wire them and sell them to the wrecking yard for a few dollars. by the time the police arrive, it's already in the crusher.  :flame: