News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen Chargers going up in value?

Started by Silver R/T, January 06, 2013, 11:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

I like the 73-74s better, and around me there seems to be more of those cheaper and in better shape. 73 sold a lot

polywideblock

compare numbers made between 71-72 and 73-74 seems nobody told mopar that muscle car era was over

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 73rallye on January 12, 2013, 12:49:56 PM
Seriously, this thread is getting almost as sickening as another DOH discussion. I like all Chargers, PERIOD. I just happen to have 73's. I joined to share the love, get pointers, offer help where I can, not get into a I like mine better than yours waste of time. I maybe new her but this is getting real old, real fast. Can we not just get along???

If I WANT to discuss peacefully with the rest of FRIENDS which one likes more just right at the side of why they are getting value I'LL DO because I WANT. If you think is getting sick you, why are you reading the thread ? take an aspiring reading another thread.

I don't think thats the best way to make the FIRST POST when some of the ppl talking at this moment here are old timers which considers friends, everyone able even to talk IRONICALLY, WITHOUT OFFENSE TAKEN. Even worst if you have been member since 2007 and your fingers only were able to type THAT right now... and I can't see the OFFER HELP statement on your first post. Not saying you are not, but this shows just right the opposite.

Sorry just an opinion. I didn't want to be rude, but sometimes...

( damn, this situation looks sooo familiar with an ooooold member not anymore around posting but I know lurking quite often )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

polywideblock

why does everybody get so worked up when someone else doesn't like his/her ride ?over here in OZ we have a saying "water off a duck back" think its something to do with convict heritage but you just let the sh*t slid off like water off a duck back makes it hard to take offence!everyone got an opinion :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Chargerguy74

What year is the best Charger, or what year was the cutoff for muscle cars etc, is all personal opinion....although most of them are wrong  :D
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Nacho-RT74

LOL, nobody here was really taking offense or getting a hard discussion between which one is or got the best models or year, just some of us have discussed this sometime in the past maybe twice or three times on same therms. We know each other enough to talk ironically ;) and posting jokes between us

But the reply I quoted really pissed me off... sorry
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

JB400

We have that saying over here as well.  I believe a lot of the problem over is ego.  As  Americans, we stand up for what we believe in.  Unfortunately, some of us don't allow some things to slide, and take someone else's contradicting opinion as a personal offense.  We just need to learn that not everything is in black and white.

Paul G

You know, 1st gens are great cars, but I never really wanted one. 2nd gens are great cars, but I never really wanted one. 3rd gens are great cars, and I have always wanted one.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

1973rallye

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 13, 2013, 12:22:43 AM
LOL, nobody here was really taking offense or getting a hard discussion between which one is or got the best models or year, just some of us have discussed this sometime in the past maybe twice or three times on same therms. We know each other enough to talk ironically ;) and posting jokes between us

But the reply I quoted really pissed me off... sorry

I wasn't when I posted, but now that you made it personal!!
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

Nacho-RT74

Who mentioned you? LOL... no, I'm taking about 73rallye!... it seems is member ( by what is says his profile )  since 2007 and the ONLY AND FIRST POST he has made was right now just to say was to getting sick and critic because we were talking whatever we talk, instead make some introduction or some usefull. Damn! LOL

1974dodgecharger

hey guys I was wondering what is a 'CHARGER CAR'? 

I was looking for the 2012 dodge charger and stumbled onto this website and see you guys are calling these old cars 'CHARGERS' also?  Or is that a nickname?

JB400

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 13, 2013, 11:36:52 PM
hey guys I was wondering what is a 'CHARGER CAR'? 

I was looking for the 2012 dodge charger and stumbled onto this website and see you guys are calling these old cars 'CHARGERS' also?  Or is that a nickname?

Let the fun begin :icon_smile_big:

Drache

I have yet to see a decent 3rd Gen here in Canada for under $10,000  :rotz:

Closest I've seen is a nice Big Block 3rd gen in pretty decent shape for $12,000
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Drache on January 13, 2013, 11:47:19 PM

Closest I've seen is a nice Big Block 3rd gen in pretty decent shape for $12,000

you need to come down to the states drache man you can find some nice runners with rebuilt 440s, sheet metal done, rebuilt trannys, with air, etc, for 5k!!!!  I mean really nice runners for that price!  Go over that price and it wont sell or rarely sell.  When I was looking for a 3rd gen I had so many choices to choose from and they were not junk at all.

Drache

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 13, 2013, 11:51:59 PM
Quote from: Drache on January 13, 2013, 11:47:19 PM

you need to come down to the states drache man you can find some nice runners with rebuilt 440s, sheet metal done, rebuilt trannys, with air, etc, for 5k!!!!  I mean really nice runners for that price!  Go over that price and it wont sell or rarely sell.  When I was looking for a 3rd gen I had so many choices to choose from and they were not junk at all.

Yeah I can save about $3,000 in the long run getting the same car from the US. The annoyances can be a little higher. Either fly down and drive car home and trailer it from the Border or drive down and trailer it all the way back. Getting the car delivered by a company would eat up almost all the savings. I then have to pay the taxes on the car. Then I also have to get the car inspected here in my Province before I'm allowed to insure it.

But yeah I've been trying to look at some 3rd Gen in the US that are close to the BC border to save on travel time. Not having the greatest of luck. Washington would be the best option, Oregon, or Idaho would be accepted.

Unless I found a VERY nice deal and could find out how to just have it shipped up here  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chargerguy74

Or just drive it all the way home. I had no issues with importing my 73 Rallye or with driving it the whole way.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

1973rallye

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on January 14, 2013, 10:35:36 AM
Or just drive it all the way home. I had no issues with importing my 73 Rallye or with driving it the whole way.

Likewise. Flew to Chicago with my daughter and we drove it home with a one night pit stop and Mall of America. her. All the paperwork was at the border prior so after 30 minutes at US and then Canada customs we headed for home. There is nothing for sale in Canada worth looking at. At least back in November 2012.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

flyinlow

I've had a red '68 Rt , a green '69  , currently have a Triple black "73 SE and now my son has a bumble bee '70 .  Like 'em all  :2thumbs:  Can't beat the interiors on the first gens.