News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My new car (again)

Started by G-man, January 06, 2013, 05:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hey guys,

I know this is a Mopar site, I did have Allens beautiful 68 QQ1 Blue white top 68 Charger. That car has now sold few months back and I have found its replacement.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPD1iNRKrDM

It may not be a Mopar, but it does have a smaller cabin space inside which to me will make it feel more like what I am after (racey). I am happy and content with my choice. This car I will be turning into a pro-touring car.

Mike (MR Angry) was my inspiration for pro-touring cars back when I bought my first dodge. Great guy and loves all cars that are built well.

:2thumbs:

1974dodgecharger

But does it have a HEEEMI  :icon_smile_big:

I see no Heemi  unless its hidden.

G-man

Eventually when John Kasse builds the Boss 9 Hemi motors.  :icon_smile_big:

JB400

Is your new toy a clone or a real deal?  It does look sweet. :2thumbs:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Troy

I hope that's not US dollars!

Love those cars. I have a 70 Mach 1 351C 4bbl, Shaker, close ratio 4-speed, front and rear spoilers, and disc brakes.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RCKSTR

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

69rtse4spd

:2thumbs:, great looking car, love that body style.

G-man

Its a real mach 1. Yes that is US Dollars but we knocked the price down to 27,500. Final sale price will be discussed upon the purchase this week, hopefully 25-26,500. A dealership has already offered him 26 so. :shruggy:

TruckDriver

Awsome looking car! I love Mustang's too!  :cheers: :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Indygenerallee

Awesome looks fantastic, Fords are a close second to Mopars for myself and I have had several Mustangs and Cobras and love them!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Troy

Quote from: G-man on January 06, 2013, 02:52:34 PM
Its a real mach 1. Yes that is US Dollars but we knocked the price down to 27,500. Final sale price will be discussed upon the purchase this week, hopefully 25-26,500. A dealership has already offered him 26 so. :shruggy:
That's closer to what I'd expect.

Troy

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hatersaurusrex

Love that.   69 and 70 are my favorite years of Mustang hands down.   Just meatier and meaner looking than their predecessors.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

G-man

Thanks Guys,

Troy,gotta show me some pics of it!

billfury

:2thumbs: I like the 69-70 mustangs look.

Troy

Quote from: G-man on January 07, 2013, 02:49:07 AM
Thanks Guys,

Troy,gotta show me some pics of it!
Currently, the shaker is not installed and the paint needs help. It came with a white interior from the factory which should be going back in this winter (I hope!).

Troy

41husk

I liked your blue 68 much better :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

G-man

I understand Allen  :pity: It was a very nice car. That was only Dodge I have had no complaints about. :2thumbs:

Well,

The car is a 1969 Mustang Mach 1.

Original Windsor motor gone with the fairies and the Gearbox might have gone with the gremlins (may not have?)

What I am sure on at moment is this.

- It is a Mach 1 car and not a clone.
- It does have the wood grain dash/steering wheel that I always wanted in my Dodges
- The engine is a 351 Cleveland which I wanted to buy to put in a normal sports roof in place of a windsor, but managed to find a mach 1 that is worth more though not numbers matching with the right engine in it already for what I wanted to spend extra on had I got a sports-roof with a 351W. The engine is a little worked as well, so it provides more HP than standard, just have no idea how much more.
- It has a 2500 or 3000 stall converter
- It has a roll cage which I also wanted to buy and add.
- It has the torque thrust wheels I always wanted

So over all, it had everything I was going to pay for extra upon purchasing a sports-roof and it came with the Mach 1 badge making it worth more on top of it all. That to me was a bonus.

I know 1 thing, I can drop those shocks and buy some Bilsteins just to make it have some decent ones under there.

Will post more once I get more information.

Car got paid for today, so now it is mine officially. Just getting the title sent over and other things in process of shipping  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

daveco

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on January 06, 2013, 04:46:15 PM
Love that.   69 and 70 are my favorite years of Mustang hands down.   Just meatier and meaner looking than their predecessors.

Agree!
68/69/70 Chargers & 69/70 Fastback Mustangs, best of the best. :cheers:
R/Tree

Troy

So, now you have me curious again...

you bought a real 69 Mach 1 to turn into a pro-touring car? To put it more specifically - you paid a premium for a real 69 Mach 1 to turn it into a pro-touring car? Mustangs are cheap for the most part (unless they have a big block) and the base models are significantly cheaper. I had the opportunity to buy a regular 69 sportsroof last year with a 302 4-speed for $8,000 in reasonably good shape (needed paint and some interior pieces but so does yours). Not only are the cars cheap, so are most all of the parts (except very specific items like Shakers, 70 Mach 1 lower trim, etc.). An entire Mach 1 interior (minus steering wheel) only costs $1,200-1,500. You're likely going to change the suspension, brakes, wheels and tires any way so no point in paying more for the Mach 1 pieces (those wheels won't work if you actually put pro-touring brakes on it). Being a Mach 1 will not make it worth more it you modify it too heavily - it will actually hurt if you start welding stuff in.

You sound a lot like me - appreciate originality/rarity but like to drive modified cars. Significantly modifying a rare car is a shame but driving a stock one usually sucks. In my mind, the only way to be happy is to have one of each (or a few of each in my case).

By the way, the engine currently in mine is a 69 351W. I picked up a date correct 70 351C block and 4bbl heads for it but it sounds like our cars would be better off with each others engine. ;)

Troy

JB400

It sounds like he bought one that has most of the goodies already put in it.  At least, I hope that's the case.