News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"70 alignment specs.

Started by flyinlow, January 03, 2013, 01:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Getting the son's '70 front end back together. All new Moog ball joints and offset UCA bushings.  Addco 1 1/8 swaybar, 246/60-15 on 8" rims front , 275/60-15 on 9" rims back, Mopar XHD leafs. Put A body spindles on it already when we switched to front disks  Front end hight will probably be set slightly lower than stock.  What alignments specs would you recomend  for a street car ?  Does have PS.  Do you put grease on the alighnment cams where they ride against the frame?

HPP

Assuming radials and not bias plys, as much positive caster as possible, up to 5*, while balanced against zero to -.5* negative camber. Total toe in of .0625 inches, not degrees. No need to grease the cams.

flyinlow

Yes , basic BFG Radials. We have a lot of two lane road driving with crowned roads, do you do any left/right changes to track on a crowned road?

Thanks

HPP

Generally I set mine up so they are equal so I have consistent response right to left. Yes, this may lead to some drift on highly crowned roads that requires a bit more steering angle. You can add a bit more caster to the left side or a bit less to the right side to offset the crown pull if you spend a lot of time on these types of roads.

rt green

cars will pull to the side that has the most camber -or- the least caster. if one side has one of these, dial in the other side with the other to cancel it out.hope this helps.           
third string oil changer