News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bumper jacks and difference between em

Started by DadsCharger00, January 04, 2013, 11:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

So I was looking to get bumper jack for my 68. And looking on ebay you get a variety of prices.  Most of which are way WAY out of line for a jack!What's the difference between a 68-72 charger jack? Are they the same? Will they interchange? I'm not looking for one that is a matching or anything like that. I just need one that will fit in the trunk like it's supposed to. Thanks for the help!

Dino

The jacks are the same I think, the bases are different and the wrenches are different but all should fit the charger.  Someone with more knowledge of these things will chime in I'm sure.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger-Bodie

68-70 use a Charger specific jack. The other cars have a removable hook style while the Charger one has a pad area built on. The reason being is that the Charger has a lower valance so the needed a jack that wasnt gonna damage that.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Nacho-RT74

71s are similar to earliers, with C clamp... 72 and lates are with small J tab to fit on Bumpers slots
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

NHCharger

My buddy that has a Mopar bone yard was commenting the other day on how much he gets for 68 and 69 bumper jacks. I'm putting a bottle jack in my 68, not even going to bother with a period correct jack.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel