News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oh, the humanity!!!

Started by Blusmbl, January 03, 2013, 09:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCKSTR

Seems like the mopar crowd is full of the most scammers and con artists, we do we get picked on the most"  :shruggy:

Cooter

Quote from: bull on January 05, 2013, 03:17:59 PM
Quote from: Cooter on January 04, 2013, 07:52:30 AM
Hate to say it, but if all I was getting was a bunch of wannabee looky-loos lowballin' me, I'd let the General lee sink till it was gone and make bank too.
Why save a $25-$40K car, when you can let it go and get $100K??

I don't know, ethics maybe? Character? The desire to not be a scum-sucking scammer and thief?

Uh, yeah Curtis, you go right on believing that. Meanwhile I'll deal in reality. Nobody here will admit it publicly, but most would do this very thing and you know it. I just have the balls to actually admit it. Afterall, why do people that own these car insure them for MORE than they actually have in them? (Please don't insult anyone by saying they do not do this either). In case of the inevidable, they can get paid...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bull

It's good to know what kind of person you really are. That you admit to being a liar and a cheat will save us some time.

skip68

I could see it being a bitter sweet deal for somebody in financial trouble.  But I can't imagine most people deliberately doing something like this for the money. Yes there are those that do this stuff but not most.   I would think that most people that have these high dollar cars that were in money trouble need more money to bail them out than this car is worth.   We do have some that take their cars out in the desert here and burn them but that's rare.... 2 or 3 a year if that.  Living with your decision to commit fraud will last longer than the money will.   I wouldn't want my kids to know/think "dad could've save the car but left it for the money".    :rotz:   NOT A GOOD EXAMPLE...
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: bull on January 07, 2013, 10:26:15 AM
It's good to know what kind of person you really are. That you admit to being a liar and a cheat will save us some time.

It goes with the IQ, or lack thereof.     :lol:

Cooter

Quote from: bull on January 07, 2013, 10:26:15 AM

First off, you act as if this is something new here. You would be incorrect. Furthermore, until you know me, you can't correctly judge me based on what I'd do in case of said car/insurance. From the PM's I get about the rest of you guys, I'm bout the most "honest" person here. :smilielol:
Let's see you have a $50K car you restored. YOu think it's worth at least $50K if you tried to sell it. You offered it for sale to "test" market. You found out you invested too much money in your ride and it's "only" worth about half in today's economy. Up comes a Natural Disaster. You have it insured for over $65K. Your gonna stand there and tell me you are willing to take one? Sorry, maybe you might be a Martar of sorts, but I don't buy it.

I haven't had much to say to you lately Curtis, so therefore, I won't go there this time. However, nevertheless, this stuff happens right here whether you want to see it or not. At least you are dealing with a honest person not some backdoor asswipe that'll f*ck you over and then claim to be the most upstanding citizen on DC.com. You may not agree with what I have to say all the time, but trying to make believe this doesn't happen here is just as crazy.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: skip68 on January 07, 2013, 10:59:32 AM
I could see it being a bitter sweet deal for somebody in financial trouble.  But I can't imagine most people deliberately doing something like this for the money. Yes there are those that do this stuff but not most.   I would think that most people that have these high dollar cars that were in money trouble need more money to bail them out than this car is worth.   We do have some that take their cars out in the desert here and burn them but that's rare.... 2 or 3 a year if that.  Living with your decision to commit fraud will last longer than the money will.   I wouldn't want my kids to know/think "dad could've save the car but left it for the money".    :rotz:   NOT A GOOD EXAMPLE...

You would be correct Skip, all I'm referring to is like that 440-6 Cuda that was "Stolen" only to be found parked on the side of the road burnt to the ground...Um, yeah, Even car thives aren't that stupid. The car is worth more sold as a unit overseas. However, Not saying this guy with the Green Charger did this, I'm just sayin' When you have over $100K in a car that you restored looking for payback/investment possibility, only to find out the "Market" has changed with the economy and now the Hemi Charger you thought was worth the $100K restoration, is only worth about half in this market, some will and IMO, certainly DO do this type stuff. Especially when Mother Nature strikes.

Mytur Binsdirti

We all know that there are some unscrupulous people out there, however, I would like to believe that most people are fairly honest. All of this talk about insurance fraud (in this case) is pure speculation. You've stated that a 12,000 mile Hemi Cuda is worth 35K  and this flooded Hemi Charger is worth 50K. Sure, numbers are down from 2006, but you are still waaaay off.

Cooter

Bottom line is you know WTF I'm talkin' bout ...Both of you. :nana:

Mytur Binsdirti

Using Cooter logic once again.............

....if an original Hemi car is worth $35-50K tops, the value of a finished General Lee clone (with the correct orange paint) should be right in the neighborhood of $6,500.00.    :2thumbs:

JB400

Considering the logic that both of you have displayed thread after thread after thread,  I say the odds are higher of me going a week without posting than it is for you two not slandering each other over the same time period.

It'd be nice if you two would cool it for a while. :Twocents:

Mytur Binsdirti

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to keep the masses entertained; might as well be us.

charger_fan_4ever

I'm amazed at the amount of new insults that come out of you two lol. I'm not gonna lie i may have checked last postings by each of you to see who has came out on top  :-[.

Lennard

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 07, 2013, 02:03:34 PM
Considering the logic that both of you have displayed thread after thread after thread, I say the odds are higher of me going a week without posting than it is for you two not slandering each other over the same time period.
Give it a try! :nana:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Come now, Cooter. You're telling me you're being "honest" about the fact that you'd have no problem lying and cheating to get want you want (not to mention the fact you'd willingly destroy a Charger to get it) and I'm supposed to be impressed with how ballsy you are? Too often ballsy means slow to think and quick to speak. You are correct that I do not know you but we all see what you write and what you've written makes you look like an admitted liar, scammer and thief, at least potentially. If anything happens to one of your cars I hope for your sake your insurance company never sees this thread.

duanesterrr

Who cares?  It was just another green charger.   :nana:  Now if it was black/blue/red I might have felt bad!

That is too bad about the car.  I do think it will be fixed though and have many more days in the sun.

JB400

Quote from: Lennard on January 07, 2013, 02:34:47 PM
Considering the logic that both of you have displayed thread after thread after thread, I say the odds are higher of me going a week without posting than it is for you two not slandering each other over the same time period.
Are you willing to make it worth my while? :D

skip68

OMG!  :o  I've gained 4lbs over the holidays.   :o   Can you guys believe it?    :yesnod: :rotz: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

HeavyFuel

This site is like crack to Stroker........he'd never survive a weekend without it, let alone a week. :icon_smile_big:

1974dodgecharger

cooter is fckin with you guys leave him alone!  Based on his postings for the past year plus you guys will see cooter fcks around ALOT his postings make me laugh to be honest.

Nothing wrong with what he said to each his own we are all individual in the fact in choices.

JB400

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 08, 2013, 12:53:50 AM
cooter is fckin with you guys leave him alone!  Based on his postings for the past year plus you guys will see cooter fcks around ALOT his postings make me laugh to be honest.

Nothing wrong with what he said to each his own we are all individual in the fact in choices.
Thank you. :cheers:
Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 08, 2013, 12:21:57 AM

This site is like crack to Stroker........he'd never survive a weekend without it, let alone a week. :icon_smile_big:
You'd be surprised

bull

cooter is fckin with you guys leave him alone!  Based on his postings for the past year plus you guys will see cooter fcks around ALOT his postings make me laugh to be honest.

Yea, you're right. If we want to lie and steal it is our individual choice. ::)

skip68

I'll say this, if Cooter comes around me I'm gonna kick his southern inbred a$$    :icon_smile_big:    :nana:  Seriously, Cooter is Cooter,  what else can you say?    He belongs here as much as I do.  Then again, that's not saying much.   LOL.   He does contribute quite a bit far as a mechanics view.   He knows his shi$   
:yesnod:   
Don't go getting all high & mighty Cooter, I still think your family tree comes from one branch?       :rofl:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: bull on January 08, 2013, 01:33:24 AM

Yea, you're right. If we want to lie and steal it is our individual choice. ::)

again its cooters choice im implying like i told you guys before just because I live and breathe the same air as those folks such as HLPA does not mean they can eat at my table.