News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AR-15 prices...Outragous

Started by ACUDANUT, January 03, 2013, 06:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Glad I don't live in New Yuck.

chargerboy69

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 15, 2013, 11:45:16 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on January 15, 2013, 11:28:30 AM
Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 15, 2013, 09:47:40 AM
A major concern of the founders was an overwhelming centralized government with a powerful standing army and a disarmed citizenry. The militia is the people (not today's National Guard, which is a branch of the Department of Defense).

Perfectly said, but the militia of old has turned into the Guard of new ( hence, is a segment of particular branches of the Department of Defense ).

Like the Army Reserve, the Army National Guard is made up of Citizen-Soldiers who train part time, close to home, until needed. Since 1636, each state has had its own militia. These became the foundation of today's Guard units (this was mandated by the Constitution in 1787). The Guard mobilizes to protect U.S. domestic interests in times of conflict or natural disaster and may be deployed internationally alongside full-time troops when the situation demands. Today's National Guard consists of approximately 352,689 troops from all U.S. states and territories. I can see Gov. Perry mobilizing his militia to protect Texas from Washington D.C.... doubt it'll ever happen or have a need....

Times have changed. The same threats aren't there and for the ones that are, there are other ways about addressing it.... The average citizen doesn't need a high powered assault weapon... They have their vote (which in its own right is pretty powerful)

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

I know how you feel.  I had to step away from this for the last couple weeks, getting a little heated.  I do not understand those who are more than willing to take away my right to own a rifle.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

ACUDANUT

God Bless Texas. They claim that they will arrest any Feds who try to inforce the new Obama law.  Sounds like it's going to get ugly.  Do you think a Fed would just say okay, arrest me or draw his gun.

Rolling_Thunder

So...   gotta ask...   why a 7 round magazine NY ?  Who the hell even makes a 7 round mag?   

My lever action Winchester holds 13 rounds....    what about shotguns?  what about 10 round pistol magazines?

OH -  PS...    look up the definition of assault rifle and it states  "An assault weapon has a detachable magazine, in conjunction with one, two, or more other features such as a pistol grip, a folding stock, a flash suppressor, or a bayonet lug."

So...   here in CA we have a non-detachable magazine...  which allows us to have as many other features as we would like...   We have had this for years...   what did it to for crime rate?  Nada...         

Way to be both behind the times and un-original NY   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

stripedelete

Just a guess, but, 7 probably came from the shotgun.  If they went lower most shotguns would become illegal.  At that point they would be bannning hunting weapons.   

Mike DC

I wonder if it has dawned on NYC's lawmakers to just ban all crime.

AKcharger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 16, 2013, 03:49:17 PM

I wonder if it has dawned on NYC's lawmakers to just ban all crime.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

If I was a betting man I bet the 7 rd thing came from .45 pistols the legislators dad's brought home from WWII, those all had 7 rd mags and I'll bet for most of 'em that's about all they know about firearms