News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AR-15 prices...Outragous

Started by ACUDANUT, January 03, 2013, 06:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I tell you what, I bet lots of gun owners will all of a sudden say the guns got stolen.   I bet mine would come up missing.   :icon_smile_wink:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Tilar

Quote from: A34 on January 04, 2013, 10:01:05 AM
Good point above about knee jerk reactions. Give it time and things will calm down, unless severe anti-gun legislation is passed. Write your Congressmen and Senators now, both State and Federal. Call them too, and keep doing it. This is a battle for our freedom. Once one Amendment falls, the rest are subject to to fall also.

If you don't know who your State and Federal legislator's are, then you have failed. Educate yourself now, this is the stuff that matters.

I just finished up a 2 page letter that will go out this weekend to our congressmen and senators, I'm also sending one to John Boehner. I don't know if it will go any further than the aide and the big round file cabinet, but I'm sending it. If anyone wants to a copy of a redi-made letter to send in, I'll post it.  You're welcome to copy it and put your name on it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Drache

Quote from: chargerboy69 on January 04, 2013, 06:16:16 PM
I do not see anything like this going over peacefully in the USA.  If any kind of confiscation took place I do not see it ending well for either side.  The citizens are well armed and will not lay down.  I feel most local law enforcement and military would side with the citizens.

We thought it would never happen either and that if it did the police wouldn't take it seriously. We were wrong.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Drache

Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 04, 2013, 09:18:29 PM
From my cold dead hands.....

If it was just one gun, probably not. If they banned all guns that's a totally different story.

When they come for the gun though smart people will just hand them the part with the serial number and keep the rest to resell. In canada that actual gun is the part with the serial number. So if you're told to surrender a 1911 for instance legally you only need give them is the bare frame.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Indygenerallee

No disrespect Drache but us Americans won't stand for disarment. I will give them the ammo before I ever give them the gun.

twodko

I'm too old to buckle under the to "their" s**t. They can't have my weapons or ammo! Ruby freakin' Ridge.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Drache

Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 04, 2013, 10:26:59 PM
No disrespect Drache but us Americans won't stand for disarment. I will give them the ammo before I ever give them the gun.

And no disrespect to you, I've heard people make the claim "from my cold dead hands" many a time right up until the feds come knocking.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

The Utopians are not smart but they're also not dumb enough to just announce a confiscation. They'll just keep picking away at our rights until one day we wake up and all we have left is dad's old single-shot pellet gun.

Tilar

Quote from: Drache on January 04, 2013, 10:59:30 PM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 04, 2013, 10:26:59 PM

And no disrespect to you, I've heard people make the claim "from my cold dead hands" many a time right up until the feds come knocking.

Any "feds that might come knocking" do not intimidate me. You're going to get those that will buckle, but I can tell you that there are a hell of a lot of us older people that will not. To willingly give up our Constitutional Rights, after what the Founders and everyone who served in the military gave to us, would be treason of the highest order. If we do not defend what they fought and died for to protect our Constitution, we are NOT fit to be called Americans. IMO It's just as simple as that.

Dave  

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Drache on January 04, 2013, 03:01:05 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 04, 2013, 02:22:38 PM
In Canada, they have a 5 round max. ?

For civilians yes. Your semi auto rifle cannot have more than 5 rounds maximum. Handguns are limited to 10 rounds maximum.
How many really obey that law.  :smilielol:

Drache

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 05, 2013, 10:00:57 AM
Quote from: Drache on January 04, 2013, 03:01:05 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 04, 2013, 02:22:38 PM
In Canada, they have a 5 round max. ?

For civilians yes. Your semi auto rifle cannot have more than 5 rounds maximum. Handguns are limited to 10 rounds maximum.
How many really obey that law.  :smilielol:

Most. It's a minimum 3 years in prison if caught. 

Quote from: Tilar on January 05, 2013, 06:39:02 AM
Any "feds that might come knocking" do not intimidate me. You're going to get those that will buckle, but I can tell you that there are a hell of a lot of us older people that will not.

So... what? You shoot it out with innocent law enforcement who are just doing their jobs, who might not agree with the confiscation, but have to follow orders? As someone else stated "cold dead hands".
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Indygenerallee

My belief is they will have U.N. forces do the gun confiscations (if it comes to that) There is no way they way that police officers and military would disarm the American public, we are a different set of individuals, Those U.N. guys are not American so if they come to take my RIGHTS away from me then I will gladly give them my bullets first.

skip68

It's impossible... We have 3/4 of the population that have guns.   There is no way we have the manpower or resources to do something like this.  I see the taxes going up, some made illegal and if cought they will confiscate them but that's it. We can't go door to door and search/confiscate all the drugs so how the hell can the government collect all the guns?    :shruggy:   The number of households with guns far outweigh the number of households with drugs.    Hell, we know the ghettos are probably 90% households with illegal drugs, guns and criminals with warrants and yet we can't even go door to door and get them.   :rotz: :brickwall:   That would kill several birds with one stone.....    :slap:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Drache

Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 05, 2013, 01:23:52 PM
My belief is they will have U.N. forces do the gun confiscations (if it comes to that) There is no way they way that police officers and military would disarm the American public, we are a different set of individuals, Those U.N. guys are not American so if they come to take my RIGHTS away from me then I will gladly give them my bullets first.

The UN would never get involved in a matter such as that. But even they did, you're still saying you would shooting innocent people doing their jobs?

Quote from: skip68 on January 05, 2013, 01:51:11 PM
It's impossible... We have 3/4 of the population that have guns.   There is no way we have the manpower or resources to do something like this.  I see the taxes going up, some made illegal and if cought they will confiscate them but that's it. We can't go door to door and search/confiscate all the drugs so how the hell can the government collect all the guns?   :shruggy:   The number of households with guns far outweigh the number of households with drugs.    Hell, we know the ghettos are probably 90% households with illegal drugs, guns and criminals with warrants and yet we can't even go door to door and get them.   :rotz: :brickwall:   That would kill several birds with one stone.....    :slap:

We had the same thing. There were more gun owners in Canada than non-gun owners and yet Bill C-68 was still passed which literally took away the right to own guns. Now our system is a Privilege to own. It was a bill that was snuck in under the radar and promised things to those who are anti gun.

I was once asked to design a system on how to effectively ban firearms from a country.

First ban the import and sale of things like magazines, parts for firearms, reloading supplies and ammunition. Let that run it's course for a set numbers of years, about 5-10. Then ban firearms and go around to collect them. People who might hide their firearms originally would be more willing to give them up if there was no way to shoot them anymore. Why risk jail time for a gun that is broken or you're unable to shoot because there is no ammo available country wide?

Granted there would still be those that have large stock piles of ammunition left. But average people would be out and more people who give up their guns. Then you impose a mandatory jail time for anyone caught with a firearm.

Now granted the US is protected by the 2nd Amendment. That would have to be rectified before any banning of firearms could take place. Granted the US Government could really get around that by banning the sale and manufacture of parts and ammunition. You have the right to bear arms, doesn't say they have to be loaded :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Oregon State Police (OSP) is continuing the investigation into Friday night's single vehicle fatal traffic crash along Highway 260 (Lower River Road) west of Grants Pass that resulted in the death of a Grants Pass man.

According to Sergeant Tyler Lee, on January 4, 2013 at approximately 9:13 p.m., a 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser driven by JOHN NOVESKE, age 36, from Grants Pass, was westbound on Highway 260 near El Camino Way. As the vehicle negotiated a right curve, it traveled across the oncoming lane onto the dirt highway shoulder until it struck two large boulders. The vehicle rolled and NOVESKE was ejected.

NOVESKE, who is the owner of a local rifle manufacturing company, was not using safety restraints and was pronounced deceased at the scene.

OSP troopers from the Grants Pass and Central Point offices are continuing the investigation. Trooper Ryan Neuenschwander is the lead investigator.

OSP was assisted at the scene by Rural Metro Fire Department, ODOT and AMR ambulance.

http://pdxtraffic.blogspot.ca/2013/01/fatal-traffic-crash-highway-260-west-of.html
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Tilar

Quote from: Drache on January 05, 2013, 11:29:18 AM
Quote from: Tilar on January 05, 2013, 06:39:02 AM
Any "feds that might come knocking" do not intimidate me. You're going to get those that will buckle, but I can tell you that there are a hell of a lot of us older people that will not.

So... what? You shoot it out with innocent law enforcement who are just doing their jobs, who might not agree with the confiscation, but have to follow orders? As someone else stated "cold dead hands".

I would have no issues going against someone who was "just doing their job" when it comes to going against my constitutional rights. If they don't want to be in that situation then they really need to consider other employment.
Dave  

skip68

Drache, I hear you but the black market is just to big here.  I would have no problem buying illegal ammo.   :yesnod:   I wouldn't think twice about it.   :icon_smile_wink:

Drache

Quote from: Tilar on January 05, 2013, 03:27:44 PM
I would have no issues going against someone who was "just doing their job" when it comes to going against my constitutional rights. If they don't want to be in that situation then they really need to consider other employment.

Yes but for your Government to ban firearms they would have to amend the 2nd Amendment. Thus once that happens then your "constitutional right" is your belief system and no longer a legal system. Then Officers would just be doing their jobs and thus would be innocent whether they agreed with it or not.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Tilar

Quote from: Drache on January 05, 2013, 03:41:15 PM

Yes but for your Government to ban firearms they would have to amend the 2nd Amendment......

Which would be enough for me to consider it "going against my constitutional rights".
Dave  

Indygenerallee

QuoteThe UN would never get involved in a matter such as that. But even they did, you're still saying you would shooting innocent people doing their jobs?

Drache, The UN has a gun control treaty the liberals would love to pass and if and when it did all us Americans would have blue helmeted soldiers knocking on our doors to confiscate weapons. And as Tilar said if it comes down to my constitutional rights, Im taking a few out before they take me out. Disarming a people is the first step to a dictatorship.

AKcharger

Quote from: Tilar on January 05, 2013, 04:04:38 PM
Quote from: Drache on January 05, 2013, 03:41:15 PM

Yes but for your Government to ban firearms they would have to amend the 2nd Amendment......

Which would be enough for me to consider it "going against my constitutional rights".

The oath I took when I joined the AF in 1984 is still just as valid for me today "To Support and Defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic..."  And there are MILLIONS who feel the same way including those that would be expected to enforce an illegal ban. I really don't think anyone's going to outright change the constitution

twodko

"The oath I took when I joined the AF in 1984 is still just as valid for me today "To Support and Defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic..." 

Thank you for that brother! Same same Navy 1970. Same same all branches.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Wicked72

damn all my guns got stolen..... oh well I must be safer now  :2thumbs:
I was going with the delton kit before the bs so after all said and done abt $600 for an Ar....Well as we now know there are no guns anywhere and no shops are taking orders and are selling first come first serve and wont tell you when the shipments is coming in..prolly cuz they dnt know. 
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

bull

Quote from: skip68 on January 05, 2013, 03:37:20 PM
Drache, I hear you but the black market is just to big here.  I would have no problem buying illegal ammo.   :yesnod:   I wouldn't think twice about it.   :icon_smile_wink:

Ever wonder if there's more of a government endgame here? Too many government leaders enjoy a dependant populous and what better way to create more dependants than to force them into a choice of being on the wrong side of the law over the 2nd Amendment. Think about it; government bans guns and/or ammo and makes it a felony to own them, as many as 52 million American households owning 260-300 million guns refuse to turn them in and instantly you've got as much as 45% of the head of houshold population unable to hold a job because they're now felons. Add that to the already 49 percent of Americans households estimated to receive some form of government benefits and suddenly you've got as much as 96% of the American households (I'm sure there's plenty of overlap here) living with some degree of dependance on the government for all or part of their income. :shruggy:

Yea, I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory (because it is) but government stupidity seems so rampant sometimes you can't help but think there's more to it. Let me just conclude with this: During my lifetime I've heard next to zero talk about a second US civil war in my life, except for the past five years or so. Now I hear it and I hear it often from a lot of regular Joes, not wacknuts like you used to see on the news. And I'm not the one doing the talking.