News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AR-15 prices...Outragous

Started by ACUDANUT, January 03, 2013, 06:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Even the 30 round Magazines are crazy priced. :brickwall:

chargerboy69

On Gun Broker, the gun auction site, stripped lowers are selling for $500.00 or more.

A month ago I could buy them for $90.00 all day long.  Depending on brand, as low as $50.00. I hate these panic buys.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Indygenerallee

It's nuts for sure, I bought some 40 round AK-47 mags from Centerfiresystems.com for $19.99 each just this past week and they have AR-15 mags for $19.99 as well.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

ACUDANUT

Daytona R/T SE

Any suggestions on where to get a decent deal on ammunition?

chargerboy69

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 03, 2013, 07:59:22 PM

On 223/556?  There are no deals.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

twodko

Glad I've got mine in .......1984......real deal Colt......w/convert lower. Ammo prices will come back down when the market stops jumping through its butt hole. Knee jerk and more knee jerk. My advice.......when prices do stabilize buy as many rounds for whatever as you can afford without leaving the dinner table barren.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: chargerboy69 on January 03, 2013, 09:30:39 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 03, 2013, 07:59:22 PM

On 223/556?  There are no deals.

This is what I'm finding out...

It seems even 22LR are getting scarce around here... ::)

Rolling_Thunder

I have my ARs here in CA (legal) and the prices here are insane...   when you can find them.    I just ordered some service parts for my Sig 229 - almost as impossible to find.  I just bought a bunch of 223 about 2 months ago before this shooting and thank god I did. Prices are crazy all around...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

Well, at least Obama finally did something good for the economy. :rotz:

sunfire69

This is just kind of a heads up...but remember when you buy on line and have these things shipped to your house...there is a credit card record....a shipping address...IF it was decided these items needed "collected"...for the good of the state...they will know right were to find it all....Also if you use a credit card or debit card in a store...your name and address can easily be collected....and some stores even collect and hold your buying history so they can target you with ads and coupons.....just saying....that's all...some states don't even require ID to purchase ammo..so if done in cash.....again...just sayn..... :icon_smile_wink:

chargerboy69

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 03, 2013, 11:47:57 PM
I have my ARs here in CA (legal) and the prices here are insane...   when you can find them.    I just ordered some service parts for my Sig 229 - almost as impossible to find.  I just bought a bunch of 223 about 2 months ago before this shooting and thank god I did. Prices are crazy all around...     

I did too.  A local shop had Lake City green tip 223 in a 1000 round can for $339.00.  I jumped on it and bought 2000 rounds. Now I wish I would have bought 10 cans.

--Gerald Ford

chargerboy69

Quote from: sunfire69 on January 04, 2013, 07:28:57 AM
This is just kind of a heads up...but remember when you buy on line and have these things shipped to your house...there is a credit card record....a shipping address...IF it was decided these items needed "collected"...for the good of the state...they will know right were to find it all....Also if you use a credit card or debit card in a store...your name and address can easily be collected....and some stores even collect and hold your buying history so they can target you with ads and coupons.....just saying....that's all...some states don't even require ID to purchase ammo..so if done in cash.....again...just sayn..... :icon_smile_wink:

If it comes to collection, lets just say I do not see things playing out very well.

--Gerald Ford

sunfire69

Nor do I.....but being under the radar is always better than being on it....just sayn

oldgold69

looking on armslist prices on ar  lowers are about 5-600 used to be 300 complete   uppers are 900   complete ars are now at least  2000   crazy my sons friend said they got a semi load of ammo on a friday by saturday were sold out

A34

Good point above about knee jerk reactions. Give it time and things will calm down, unless severe anti-gun legislation is passed. Write your Congressmen and Senators now, both State and Federal. Call them too, and keep doing it. This is a battle for our freedom. Once one Amendment falls, the rest are subject to to fall also.

If you don't know who your State and Federal legislator's are, then you have failed. Educate yourself now, this is the stuff that matters.
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

HPP

Quote from: A34 on January 04, 2013, 10:01:05 AM
Good point above about knee jerk reactions. Give it time and things will calm down, unless severe anti-gun legislation is passed. Write your Congressmen and Senators now, both State and Federal. Call them too, and keep doing it. This is a battle for our freedom. Once one Amendment falls, the rest are subject to to fall also.

If you don't know who your State and Federal legislator's are, then you have failed. Educate yourself now, this is the stuff that matters.

Actually this is the plan. They don't need to enact any legislation, they simply tax it until its too expensive for the regular guy to play anymore. The willingness to pay these high prices has demonstrated a threshold limit that people are willing to pay. Once prices drop back down, expect taxes to pump them back up.

twodko

Yep, if you buy online and I have bought ammo online you are bright on radar. Never again but its too late now. Measures must be taken to secure any such purchase while maintaining reasonable ready access. It's all between the lines gang.

Your house, garage or out buildings.............bad choices.   :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Drache

Welcome to the world of Canadian Prices  :icon_smile_big:

We generally pay at LEAST 30% higher on guns that you guys (at least for most "tactical" guns). And we are unlucky to have all semi auto rifle mags pinned to only hold 5 rounds.

But one thing going for is is we have access to Chinese made firearms and ammo. You can buy Chinese .223/5.56 ammo, a crate of 1600 for $500 Canadian with free shipping.

I just picked up this guy but the price wasn't cheap:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ACUDANUT

In Canada, they have a 5 round max. ?

Drache

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 04, 2013, 02:22:38 PM
In Canada, they have a 5 round max. ?

For civilians yes. Your semi auto rifle cannot have more than 5 rounds maximum. Handguns are limited to 10 rounds maximum.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mopar Nut

They don't need any ID or credit card, they snap your picture everytime you make purchase. Better yet, they can read forums.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Drache

In Canada all these rifles are registered with the Federal Government. There have already been a few cases where rifles that were once legal became illegal due to BS reasoning by the Government. First letters were sent out stating they must be turned in before such a date. If not police came knocking. You got NO compensation for the cost of the firearms. The latest was a rifle that was deemed legal by the Government and was cleared for sale. So they sold out within 2 months for $3000 EACH! Just image that at the time the Government was collection something up to 12% taxes on each gun sale. Anyways months later the Government changed their minds and then deemed the rifles illegal. Each of those people were out $3000 and the Government got to keep their millions of dollars in taxes.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

stripedelete

Quote from: A34 on January 04, 2013, 10:01:05 AM

To say A34 is spot-on may be the understatement of the year.  I may be preaching to the choir in this thread, but, when your talking to non gun owners about gun legislation, or the second amendment, forget personal protection.  They don't care.  If they did, they would be gun owners.  Talk to them about the combination of gun legislation and the Patriot Act.  Together they are cascade down the proverbial slippery slope.  In addition to the evesdropping, the Patriot Act pretty much suspends habeas corpus which, IMO, is as significant as the second amendment, and the stepping stone to marshal law.  Without guns marshal law becomes much exponentially easier.  This provides a perspective too many have not considered (hopefully, without sounding like the conspiracy guy).

Do we have to worry? Probably not.  But, your grandchildren?  That's a different story.

Like A34 said, start writing your letters now.  (again, I'm probably preaching to choir here)   

chargerboy69

Quote from: Drache on January 04, 2013, 05:54:38 PM

In Canada all these rifles are registered with the Federal Government. There have already been a few cases where rifles that were once legal became illegal due to BS reasoning by the Government. First letters were sent out stating they must be turned in before such a date. If not police came knocking. You got NO compensation for the cost of the firearms. The latest was a rifle that was deemed legal by the Government and was cleared for sale. So they sold out within 2 months for $3000 EACH! Just image that at the time the Government was collection something up to 12% taxes on each gun sale. Anyways months later the Government changed their minds and then deemed the rifles illegal. Each of those people were out $3000 and the Government got to keep their millions of dollars in taxes.

I do not see anything like this going over peacefully in the USA.  If any kind of confiscation took place I do not see it ending well for either side.  The citizens are well armed and will not lay down.  I feel most local law enforcement and military would side with the citizens.

--Gerald Ford