News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mustang bullit rims

Started by boduke1975, January 05, 2013, 01:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boduke1975

will 2004 mustang rims fit my 72 coronet? I've been told everythimg...yes, no, and maybe. somebody gave me a set in trade for some work I did and I think they'd look good on the car but if not they're going on ebay. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

JB400

You'd have to measure the backspacing on them to find out for sure.  In my opinion though, I doubt it.  Also depends on the size of the wheel itself.

Troy

Unlikely. I believe they increased the backspacing even more by then. The bolt pattern should be the same (I believe) but they'll likely hit/rub nearly everything without some large spacers.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

boduke1975

Ok. Thanks guys. I'm gonna try one on the front just to see if they will.   :slap:

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Troy

Backspacing on those wheels is 5.72". In 2005 and later (I knew it was in there somewhere) it is over 6". By comparison, an 8" wheel for our Chargers needs to have a backspace of 4.5" to fit the most common tire widths that people run. I'm thinking you're going to need a 1/2" spacer or more for clearance. I *think* this is the same even through the early 70s.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.