News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

gas mileage

Started by ChargerD100, December 30, 2012, 06:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerD100

I'm looking to try and get maybe 1 or 2 more mpg out of my 98 dodge 2500 im averaging 8-9 mpg if I keep my foot out of it and my overdrive on

it has a Super Charged 360, I know my lift and tire set up (37's with 6" skyjacker) is eating my gas more than anything, but any cheap tricks/ upgrades to get better mileage?  :cheers:
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

Brightyellow69rtse

my 03 2500 hemi ram got 11 when i got it and i got it to 15.5. i did an intake with a home made ram air. superchips, removed cat and a ultraflow muffler. more power and better mpg win win.

JB400

Fresh air intake, cat back exhaust, and computer upgrades are about the norm for late model stuff.  Change your tires if you want more.  You can't have your cake and eat it in this instance unless you get another vehicle.

Cooter

37" tires......Lemme guess, with stock 4.10's right? And wondering where the MPG went......
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

lisiecki1

If the tire size goes up, the gear ratio needs to go proportionally lower......you're turning more unsprung weight.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Cooter

In my experience, the Ram trucks of this type (Mine included) generally don't get any better than around 16 MPG with a tuner on 'em. A Blown 360 and looking for fuel mileage shouldn't go in the same sentence. There's more fuel being stuffed in that engine along with air.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

moparguy01

i dont think your going to be getting much more than what you get out of that setup. blower, v8, 37" tires, 6" lift and the aerodynamics of a barn all do not lend themselves much to a fuel economical vehicle. I think if you want more fuel economy out of it your going to have to remove some of your fun stuff.

Wicked72

Make it breath a little better. other then that.... Id swap in a Cummins!!!! youll get everything you want and more. Im getting 25mpg out of my 99 f350 7.3 6spd man trans 3.73 gears on 36 14.50. turbine and comp wheel upgrades, custom spectre intake, 4 inch exhaust, tsi chip, running up to 40 psi boost. when the 7.3 ever dies a Cummins will be in its future!!!!
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Mike DC

:Twocents:

Would you try to use a Toyota Prius to carry truckloads of stuff up a 4x4 trail?  

Don't work too hard on improving the mileage of a supercharged 3/4-ton Ram with big tires.      

ChargerD100

figured id get those answers in response, I am going to go down in tire size when its time for new ones, I bought the truck like this, a cummins swap has gone across my mind but ill prob just save money and add a economy car to my fleet
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html