News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power window motor brackets

Started by Dino, December 31, 2012, 11:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

My old motors were worn so I ordered brand new Dorman motors.  For less than $120 shipped from Rockauto I couldn't pass it up.  I have them here and they're great!  Quite a bit lighter than the old motors and more torque.  Problem is, there are no brackets on my old motors so I don't have anything to transfer to the new.  I'm going to assume they are made of unobtainium so I may need to fab some myself.  Does anyone have any clear pictures on what these creatures look like and how the motors mount to the frame of the car?  Has anyone fabricated their own brackets for a 2nd gen?  No need to reinvent the wheel...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

kab69440

Do the new motors mount differently than the old ones?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Dino

No I don't believe so.  They're more modern that the originals but basically the same shape.  The old motors have long thin bolts that secure the bracket to the motor and I can transfer those bolts to the new motors.  I can also start from scratch and attach a bracket to the motor housing but I think I'd rather use the bolts.

I'll snap some pics of them side by side.

Dino

Here's a few pictures. 

After looking them over a bit more closely I came to the conclusion that there is no need to use the old bolts or anything.  The housings on the new motors are attached with 4 screws.  I can use 4 long bolts instead and double up the rigidity.

If I know where the original brackets mount in doors and rear quarters I'm sure I can make brackets without too much trouble but a picture would be worth a thousand words.