News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

G70 15's vs. F70 15's ,pics/info needed..

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, January 01, 2013, 10:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Hey guys,my friend wants to take off the magnums and go with dog dish hubcaps and correct redline bias tires,but wants 15'' rims this way he can just buy them new..Seeing the sizes I noted are diff heights than if they were going to be 14'',have to make sure first,they will not hit the front fenders,and also would be nice to se some pics to se what those sizes will look like on the car before we buy them and I paint the new rims.Thanks

charge69

Sorry,  no pics but my '69 Hemi R/T came with F70-15 Redline tires from the factory on 6x15 Steel Wheels and I have bought the repop redline tires (bias-ply) for it already. They are already installed on the car for the front wheels and look great! The back wheels will be installed soon enough and are the same wheel/tire combination. My wheels are the original ones for the Charger and I still have all 5 of them.

My car came with the deluxe wheelcovers (turbine-style 15") and I have a NOS set to go on when I show the Charger (rarely actually) to make it more "factory-correct" looking. Mine did not have the dog-dish hubcaps. Actually for just cruising, I will install a set of retro Ansen Sprints with 275/60x15 rear on an 8" wheel and 235x60x15 fronts on a 7" wheel. This combo looks KILLER on his Chally but it will not give me better traction than stock, I will guess. Just have to "lightfoot" it around, especially off the line.

I think your friend would like the Magnum 500's better on his B5 Charger. They look great. Although, if he wants to go retro, a 7x15" steel wheel with 3" to 3 1/2" backspacing would look nice with redline bias-ply tires in a G70x15 max and fit with no problem. As I said, original tires for my Hemi are F70x15 !!

maxwellwedge

Not a Charger but the A12's came with G70-15's on the Hemi rims. They added a (fairly thin) spacer under the LCA rebound bumper to compensate for the slighter taller tire...not sure you need to do that.....other than that - going to a G should be easy.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T