News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Year, New Toy....

Started by jaak, January 01, 2013, 02:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

Drug it home today....

Details Later,
Jason

68 CHARGER R/T

you got the year right this time .    jk     :2thumbs:

JB400

Looks alright from what I can see. :popcrn:

Nice score. :2thumbs:  It does look like it needs a little tlc

skip68

OMG!   THAT'S MY OLD CAR I SOLD IN 1992.   :o
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

DadsCharger00

Quote from: skip68 on January 01, 2013, 02:39:11 AM
OMG!   THAT'S MY OLD CAR I SOLD IN 1992.   :o

Lol....here we go! :popcrn: :smilielol:

Ghoste

Excellent way to start the new year. :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Awesome, Jason!  :cheers:
These cars are addicting, you can never have just one!  :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

buckeyecharger

Wow! We're all in for another good resto thread. Keep the pics coming Jason like you always do.  :2thumbs:

skip68

My dad pulled me out of the mud with a chain hooked to the from bumper in 1988 when I was 19. That's what bent the bumper.   I've still got some of the parts for that car.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

DadsCharger00

Quote from: skip68 on January 01, 2013, 12:48:15 PM
My dad pulled me out of the mud with a chain hooked to the from bumper in 1988 when I was 19. That's what bent the bumper.   I've still got some of the parts for that car.   

Now wait....maybe it's because of the drinks last night..... :cheers: but I thought you were kidding? You're being serious?

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skip68

I'm not sure.  I think I got home around 3:30 or 4:00am this morning.   I think I'm still drunk ...............yep!  I'm still drunk.       That Hood held me and the the Dodson sisters back in 87.    :drool5:

JB400

I think Skip is trying to prove how much of a stud he was.

TUFCAT

Quote from: skip68 on January 01, 2013, 01:07:03 PM

That Hood held me and the Dodson sisters back in 87.    :drool5:

Skip are you sure about that?  Wasn't it the "Lee" sisters?  :scratchchin: I remember you dated all of them... Fug, Home, and Lone  :icon_smile_big:

DadsCharger00

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 01, 2013, 01:29:30 PM
Quote from: skip68 on January 01, 2013, 01:07:03 PM

That Hood held me and the Dodson sisters back in 87.    :drool5:

Skip are you about that?  Wasn't it the "Lee" sisters?  :scratchchin: I remember you dated all of them... Fug, Home, and Lone  :icon_smile_big:
Wasn't her cousin ug? :popcrn:

young99

Ive seen that car before. It was around Falkville Alabama i believe.

69 OUR/TEA

Cool !!!!! :cheers:What are the plans for it ????

tan top

:yesnod:  :coolgleamA:     :2thumbs: whats the plan ? stock type resto  or ??
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TUFCAT

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on January 01, 2013, 01:37:45 PM
Wasn't her cousin ug? :popcrn:

Yes, Ug was also from a large family.  She had three sisters: Pudge, Man, and one that didn't talk so well, Mumb.  :D

jaak

Quote from: young99 on January 01, 2013, 02:06:52 PM
Ive seen that car before. It was around Falkville Alabama i believe.

You are correct, sir.

Jason

1970Moparmann

Awesome.  Give some info...... :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

jaak

Its a pretty plain 68, it has a 318/904 currently in it, but VIN shows it was a factory 383-2bbl. No a/c, manual brakes, column shift/buddy seat. Body is actually in pretty good shape, found a couple of previous repairs I want to re-do. Tail panel is pretty rough, but got a new AMD tail panel, and new front valance with it. Worst part is the floor pans, It sat outside for a few years with no windshield, so the floor pans are pretty rusty, and the left side of the trunk has some rust, but nothing major. I don't think the car has ever had any collision damage, for a 45 year old car, I'm impressed with all the lines/gaps, and how the doors, trunk, etc. close

It's an XP with no fender tag, so its a blank canvas to do anything. When I start on it, I want to start by repairing the rust, and work on everything mechanical and electrical first. I think I just want to make a nice driver/cruiser out of it. Like I said it currently has a 318, I picked up a low mile factory 4 bbl 360 with a 727 trans out of a '79 Chrysler 300 back a few months ago, thinking about using that engine.

One thing for sure, when it comes time to do the interior, I want it to be white...I love white interiors, and that's what I miss most about the 73 Rallye I had, was the white interior.

Jason

skip68

How's the firewall under the dash?  Seriously, good score.    :2thumbs:

HDCharger

MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

jaak

Quote from: skip68 on January 01, 2013, 03:57:40 PM
How's the firewall under the dash?  Seriously, good score.    :2thumbs:
Firewall is nice, just the floor pans are shot.

Jason

Cooter

'Ya done did ok Jason. Everybody needs one of each 2nd Gen. Chargers.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TUFCAT

Very nice...I'm sure you'll be making it beautiful in no time!  :2thumbs:

Dino

Ah a blank canvas, doesn't get any better than that.   :2thumbs:

What are the plans for body color to set off that white interior?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

elanmars

That's awesome!! Congrats. Would love to have a '68 next.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

jaak

First thing, I finally cleaned up the rear part of my shop (its 40' long), so I parked the 68 long ways in the rear of my shop, so I still have the right bay open for oil changes,work on my daily drivers, side jobs, etc. Probably be spring before I start any real work on it.

New AMD front valance and tail panel I got with the car (stored on rafters for now)....

Jason

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us