News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bullitt Chase - Article from 1987 MCR

Started by bsakal, December 31, 2012, 06:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsakal

I didn't see this posted before. Anyway, there was discussion over on Moparts regarding Bullitt. I have the original article from Muscle Car Review about the chase, where they interviewed people who worked on the set. Here is a link to it. I figured some here have not read it.

http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/BULLITT.html

One sidebar in the original magazine article that is not in this link is where the author states that there may be some discrepancies between this and the August 1969 Car Life article about the chase. Basically Bud Elkins states he was never interviewed for that 1969 article, and Steve McQueen was not happy with it. He had walked into Elkins shop with the magazine in hand and marking in red pen "wrong wrong" all through the article.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

bsakal

69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

cudacharger

I saw that post on Moparts....... 

The boys in New Zealand are taking this iconic film to the next level and keeping the American Car Culture Bullitt Chase alive and kicking! A big Cheers to our friends overseas for keeping the cult classic Bullitt film alive.   :2thumbs:

:cheers:

Bob T

Haha, Thanks mate,we sure do. Great picture too, it was sure fun doing it, put some more up if you want , I've only got a phone for internetness until I get back from holiday  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

cudacharger

Enjoy ur Holiday mate.... :2thumbs:

cudacharger

Your 68 charger R/T looks awesome!

cudacharger

See full feature article in 2012 December issue NZ Rodder magazine: