News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pictures of Old toys/games you still have from childhood

Started by skip68, December 31, 2012, 02:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Post them up if you have them still.  I know some of us still have toys or games from when we were young.   Let's see them.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Wish I could, but mine are in storage.  My favorites were Hot Wheels, Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles (still watch them), Batman, Superman,(still watch those two as well), Power Rangers, little green army guys, bow and arrows, and the model cars.  I had a creek that run in my yard.  I used to float the army guys on pieces of wood and conduct naval battles.  That was always fun.  I always had more fun outside than I did inside.  My grandparents had a forest in the backyard.  My cousins and I would go out and build forts and push over dead trees.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Not yet I'm not.  I know I don't act like it, but who does :lol:

skip68

Ram07

I have these things still around...still working...Billy Blastoff, Robbie the robot

Tooz 72

Old Moparz

Still have a bunch of stuff but no pics handy. I am in the process of adding insulation to my attic & will have to move some boxes with old toys I have & could get pics in the next few weekends.

Some things I have are......

G.I. Joe 12" figures & accessories, some with original boxes
Hot Wheels racing sets, some with original boxes
Tin cars from the 60's, the Japanese ones
Lawn Darts
Sub Search, not the electronic one

That's all I can recall at the moment, the beer has kicked in.  :smilielol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

skip68

hatersaurusrex

I'm in my 30's, so I'm trapped between young gun and old fart (apologies to both groups, lol).   I loved all the stuff Stroker mentioned - pretty much anything from the late 70's and the 80's.   My faves were Dukes toys (yeah, I'm from that gen and it sparked a life long love for 2nd gen Chargers but rest assured my ride won't be a GL when done) Transformers, Voltron, Legos, Tinkertoys, Robitix (anyone remember those?), GI Joe, Star Wars, M.A.S.K, He-Man, Laser Tag, Robotech models, Ninja Turtles... that's about it.      Every show I watched was a toy commercial and I had no idea.

Legos were probably the best of them all and one I played with from the time I was little until I grew out of toys (OK I have cars and guns now, but still).
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ram07

69CoronetRT

Child of the 60/70's...

Board games: Stratego and Battleship
Original (pre ban) Klackers
Crackers talking pull string toy from Mattel
Extensive Mad magazine collection (Given the avatars...that should be no surprise. Started in 1965)
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

tan top

still got these in my parents attic i think  :scratchchin:

had the atari in the late 70s  & remember getting the dukes slot car set about 1980 i think  :scratchchin: same with the ertl diecast metal  general lee  ,    :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger RT

These were toys we could look at but not play with. All the boxes do have the cars in them and all doubles and triples or more are stacked up. I also have a box of just boxes no cars for them those cars we did play with.

Tim

squeakfinder

And that's why they called them Matchbox. Haven't seen them like that in years.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

F8-4life

I found a set of "jarts" in my grammas garage with the original box. Apperantly they were outlawed some time ago. They are heavy duty not like this modern plastic crap

skip68

Unfortunately the one I have now wasn't the one when I was a kid.  I found it last year in a thrift store for $3 with the original box and it works.   I'm hoping by this summer I get some of my toys & football cards, star wars cards, hot wheels and who knows what else.  We moved back in 1979 and last year found boxes still packed from 1979.  I was told my cards and stuff is in them.    I'm 43 now and haven't seen this stuff since I was 10 years old.  Can't wait to see what I got.   

Dino

I've had one of those race games as well skip.  I see a few things here that I know I had, like the allmighty Atari.   :icon_smile_big:

I found out a long time ago that I am a sucker for toys and a sucker for nostalgia.  Unfortunately that's a pretty bad combo as there is absolutely no point in wasting time and money on old toys if you're not going to do anything with them.

My toys are in my memories and that's where they will remain.  That said, there's a few boxes I will now have to go empty.

There's only one toy I wish I still had.  It was an ET figure that had a lit up chest and finger tip.  I've seen tons of ET toys over the years but never found that one.  Purely sentimental reasons as I have no use for an ET toy.  I'm no longer looking for one as the price would probably be something outrageous anyway.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

Sounds like Skip is going to celebrate a childhood christmas all over again. :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Charger RT on January 01, 2013, 05:48:34 PM
These were toys we could look at but not play with. All the boxes do have the cars in them and all doubles and triples or more are stacked up. I also have a box of just boxes no cars for them those cars we did play with.

Tim

damn, that's worth some $$$ (because I saw it on Pawn Stars  :icon_smile_big: )

Unfortunately I don't have many of my childhood toys. There are a couple of things that for some reason I've kept - a train set, a Charlie Chaplin alarm clock, some Days of Thunder 1:64 die casts, and a couple of other things. Sentimental value, I guess.

Now, I had one of these when I was a kid and it's probably the thing I remember playing with the most. No clue what happened to the one I had, but I'd love to buy one just to have one again. I see them on ebay every now and then...I may break down and grab one soon:

The kid in the picture even kinda looks like I did back then  :scratchchin:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 02, 2013, 02:03:15 PM

You mean that "How the hell do I get the hubcaps off a Hot Wheel" look?   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger RT

Quote from: Charger RT on January 01, 2013, 05:48:34 PM

Tim

damn, that's worth some $$$ (because I saw it on Pawn Stars  :icon_smile_big: )

They have a price guide so 12 years ago I bought it and priced them out. I priced everything at both the low price and again the high price. The book says it is worth between $5500 and $7500. I tested the price by selling 11 doubles I had they sold for a total of $913 on ebay. They all sold on the high end of what the book said. In the center of the picture there are 2 dark blue 64 ford fairlane police cars. I had 5 of them. The dark blue is the rare color. I sold 1 with a box and still have 2 with boxes and 2 without boxes. It sold for $250. There also isn't a guide for just the boxes but some boxes will sell for more then the car that should be in it.
Tim

Brightyellow69rtse

wish i still had my dukes of hazzard big wheel. i used to tear it up in that haha.  i still got a attic full of old tonka trucks at my parents.  other than that transformers (my name on many sites is actually skelator) haha. im 32 yo btw.

Charger_Dart

I remember playing with these cars when I was young and they were Old then LOL

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

Vainglory, Esq.

Now, I had one of these when I was a kid and it's probably the thing I remember playing with the most. No clue what happened to the one I had, but I'd love to buy one just to have one again. I see them on ebay every now and then...I may break down and grab one soon:

My grandparents had one of those at their house, along with a mess of matchbox cars. I loved that damn thing. I remember as a kid spending a ton of time on the family room floor with it. Of course, now that my grandparents are great-grandparents, I should see if they still have it...

JB400

I enjoy looking at this type of stuff.  It shows how easily we are entertained and how much we had to use our imagination.  Unfortunately, most of the youth aren't that a way.  Now adays, if it doesn't have a screen, they don't have anything to do with it.  It's sad really.  In my opinion, kids of the 20th century had it good.  Toys were affordable and rememberable.  Before then, kids ended up doing work.  Today, they're couch potatoes with eyes glued to a screen.  I guess the next gen will have screens literally glued to thier eyes.  The future looks bleak :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Not really a toy from my childhood but since I am still a big kid and this is a charger site I thought I'd post this. It's an RC car I made about 5 years ago, turned out pretty good I think.