News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So, Kikgas01 is leaving the site because of a feud....?????????????????????????

Started by skip68, December 30, 2012, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TUFCAT

Quote from: skip68 on December 30, 2012, 04:09:34 PM
Come on guys, let it go.... :cheers: :pity:    :rotz:

Sometimes these things don't work out.  It happened to me regarding the 1973 Duster 340 I sold five years ago.

I asked for (and got) the opportunity to buy the car back should he ever decide to sell.  Earlier this year he sent an email saying the car was for sale....then came "the price".  :o

I soon realized the seller wasn't very concerned about me getting the car back and the asking price was much more than I sold it for.  No problem, making a profit is acceptable if it was actually worth more.

The Mopar market five years ago was much different than it is today and making matters worse, I also got the impression I was being hi-jacked for sentimental value.  He would say how much he wanted this car going back to me, then how much he could get by selling it to someone else..... blah, blah, blah

Since I knew everything about the car, the good, bad, and ugly I became less interested in these so called "negotiations". The car just wasn't worth the price. So I passed on the car and from what I understand the car changed hands, but for less money than I offered.  :-\  

moparstuart

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 30, 2012, 04:46:36 PM
Quote from: skip68 on December 30, 2012, 04:09:34 PM
Come on guys, let it go.... :cheers: :pity:    :rotz:

Sometimes these things don't work out.  It happened to me regarding the 1973 Duster 340 I sold five years ago.

I asked for (and got) the opportunity to buy the car back should he ever decide to sell.  Earlier this year he sent an email saying the car was for sale....then came "the price".  :o

I soon realized the seller wasn't very concerned about me getting the car back and the asking price was much more than I sold it for.  No problem, making a profit is acceptable if it was actually worth more.

The Mopar market five years ago was much different than it is today and making matters worse, I also got the impression I was being hi-jacked for sentimental value.  He would say how much he wanted this car going back to me, then how much he could get by selling it to someone else..... blah, blah, blah

Since I knew everything about the car, the good, bad, and ugly I became less interested in these so called "negotiations". The car just wasn't worth the price. So I passed on the car and from what I understand the car changed hands, but for less money than I offered.  :-\  

sounds like the exact same scenerio
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

Some people take things on here too seriously and personally.  I think it was polite of him to offer the car back to the guy he bought it off of.  If the guy didn't want the car back, he should have been polite about it as well.  Show some respect for your fellow charger lovers

Mopar Nut

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 31, 2012, 01:09:10 AM
Some people take things on here too seriously and personally.  I think it was polite of him to offer the car back to the guy he bought it off of.  If the guy didn't want the car back, he should have been polite about it as well.  Show some respect for your fellow charger lovers
:iagree: totally.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BB1

Don't leave Kikgas01 you have redeemed your self in my eyes. Look ...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,94632.125.html

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=217122

Stroker I never got the chance to even negotiate, where is the respect in that. He said he would and didn't. After that I didn't want it back.

Delete my profile

TUFCAT

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there under, under the sea!

JB400

Unfortunately, there are 2 different gentlemen's agreements when it comes to selling cars to previous owners.  First one is to offer the car back at the price paid by the current owner.  This is generally the most common and the most respectful.  The 2nd agreement is the previous owner to buy it at the price the current owner priced it at, but has first dibs on buying it unless there is a better offer to the current offer; at which point the previous owner is given an opportunity to match the better offer.

After reading the threads, I felt all was polite and appropriate until I read your attack ad in the cars for sale section.  You had already fully disclosed what was wrong with the car earlier when you owned it. It is apparent that Kikgas01 likes to deal in the 2nd agreement where as you like to deal in the first.  While it's unfortunate that a deal didn't come together, I still find it a bonehead move to put up your attack ad.  Up until then, I thought all was appropriate. :Twocents:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=97787.new#new

Nothing personal BB1, it's just my opinion. :cheers:  

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BB1

I'll take that, you should have seen how much restaint I had. Normally it's bad, my temper is beyond reason.

Thank god  for drugs.  :slap:
Delete my profile

TUFCAT

Quote from: BB1 on December 31, 2012, 03:52:19 PM
I'll take that, you should have seen how much restaint I had. Normally it's bad, my temper is beyond reason.

Thank god  for drugs.  :slap:

I think you had every right.... :think:  Knowing me I'd probably get pissed  :yesnod:

JB400

Yes, he had a right to get pissed, but there's no need to throw out attack ads.  Sometimes it's best to just keep your mouth shut and go on.  He clearly stated all facts from his viewpoint, and that was good enough for me to make my own judgement on the issue.  In all honesty, I'd be pissed to if I really wanted the car.

TUFCAT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 31, 2012, 06:10:34 PM
Yes, he had a right to get pissed, but there's no need to throw out attack ads.  Sometimes it's best to just keep your mouth shut and go on.  He clearly stated all facts from his viewpoint, and that was good enough for me to make my own judgement on the issue.  In all honesty, I'd be pissed to if I really wanted the car.

I disagree. There were no horrific "personal attacks" made.  :shruggy:

JB400

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 31, 2012, 06:31:34 PM
Yes, he had a right to get pissed, but there's no need to throw out attack ads.  Sometimes it's best to just keep your mouth shut and go on.  He clearly stated all facts from his viewpoint, and that was good enough for me to make my own judgement on the issue.  In all honesty, I'd be pissed to if I really wanted the car.

I disagree. There were no horrific "personal attacks" made.  :shruggy:
Let's put it this way, I applaud BB1 for exercising some restraint. :cheers: 

BB1

Well thank you.

Now I've heard more people being screwed by him on this site. Sorry to them as well.

Way to go Tuffy, sounds like are man Kikgas01 was trying the old song and dance with me too.
I call it the sentimental two step. To bad I don't have any sentimentallity to old cars I'v owned.  :smilielol:

:2thumbs:

I now feel vindicated and it's true personal attacks are for people that lose an argument.
I really was on the cuffs of exploding.  :cussing:

I knew what I was dealing with and just had to call him out knowing you all where watching.

On this New Year eve, I made a resolution to slow down and smell the coffee, stop cussing, and be a kinder person.

Well see how long it will lasts.  :cheers: :lol:

What I really want is 64 Dodge or Plymouth, 426 max, 4-speed.
The very hard to find 68 Coronet R/T 4-speed black
1966 or 67 Dodge Charger as a bracket racer
Love the new Chally too, but these three will take the cake before a Challenger.

This is after I get my garage shop built.  ;D

Delete my profile

1974dodgecharger

I think your taking it and looking into too deep stroker I dont think BB was not attacking him at all.  From my perspective Kilg was trying to flip a car upon to him and make money off based on his sentimental value!

1. Kilg would not dislocse a price to him because he knew he could try to 'milk' this guy for some money.
2. When BB did not care for the car as much as Kilg though he would be Kilg got pissed
3. BB then declinced in buying the car after some back and forth PMs thus after no discussion Kilg got pissed becuase he 'assumed' BB would would buy this at 'at all costs' which would me PROFIT for him.

then Kilg try to sell it off to 'US' then he realized well shit BB knows the history how can I get profit off this knowing its issues and the forum members know the issues as well so he goes off to other sites to sell it and 'MILK" it for some cash!!!  We all know how much he bought the car for thats for sure and we know how much we all think its worth and what was offered (15k), but in KIlgs eyes he wanted 17,500 for a specific reason and my guess for that specific reason is because he knows he can get a better 69 charger for that price while milking money offt his car that has some issues!!!!

1974dodgecharger

Yes, he had a right to get pissed, but there's no need to throw out attack ads.  Sometimes it's best to just keep your mouth shut and go on.  He clearly stated all facts from his viewpoint, and that was good enough for me to make my own judgement on the issue.  In all honesty, I'd be pissed to if I really wanted the car.

It was not an attack Ad in fact Kilgs attacked him in his own ad!!!  Did you not REREAD his  ad?  I read that this morning and was like WOW really dude you had to say those things about BB.

BB in my eyes was informing buyers about the issues about the car that Kilgs would might not talk about.

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 31, 2012, 08:16:47 PM

I think your taking it and looking into too deep stroker I dont think BB was not attacking him at all.  From my perspective Kilg was trying to flip a car upon to him and make money off based on his sentimental value!

1. Kilg would not dislocse a price to him because he knew he could try to 'milk' this guy for some money.
2. When BB did not care for the car as much as Kilg though he would be Kilg got pissed
3. BB then declinced in buying the car after some back and forth PMs thus after no discussion Kilg got pissed becuase he 'assumed' BB would would buy this at 'at all costs' which would me PROFIT for him.

then Kilg try to sell it off to 'US' then he realized well shit BB knows the history how can I get profit off this knowing its issues and the forum members know the issues as well so he goes off to other sites to sell it and 'MILK" it for some cash!!!  We all know how much he bought the car for thats for sure and we know how much we all think its worth and what was offered (15k), but in KIlgs eyes he wanted 17,500 for a specific reason and my guess for that specific reason is because he knows he can get a better 69 charger for that price while milking money offt his car that has some issues!!!!

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 31, 2012, 08:20:18 PM

It was not an attack Ad in fact Kilgs attacked him in his own ad!!!  Did you not REREAD his  ad?  I read that this morning and was like WOW really dude you had to say those things about BB.

BB in my eyes was informing buyers about the issues about the car that Kilgs would might not talk about.

:iagree:  That's the same impression I got.  An upstanding member sent me a PM (very likely cc:'d to others) who felt the exact same way.  :Twocents: :Twocents:  I also find annoying that he'd suggest turning this solid original Charger into a General Lee if not bought soon. :shruggy:  

BB1

Pretty close 74, couldn't find a flaw in your reasoning.

I stayed ahead of his decisions even before he made them. If you don't believe it, just look at the results.

He went silent after I asked him 5 times, "what do you want for it."
He didn't have to tell me after that I knew the game was up. Then when he put it up for sale on here, that was all I needed.
That GL distroy the car line was aimed at me, which was totally stupid even to say it.

Thanks friends

Delete my profile

JB400

While I do not fully approve of the way Kikgas expressed himself in his ad or in any related posts, like I said, I do fully applaud  BB1 for exercising some restraint in the way he handled it. :cheers: Sometimes it's best to take time to think about things.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

67_Dodge_Charger

Todd Wilson

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE