News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tranny

Started by jflazlo, January 11, 2013, 04:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jflazlo

Can someone tell me what exactly is a FORWARD pattern turbo action cheetah manual valve body and external trans cooler in a 727 tranny?

John_Kunkel

The normal reverse shift pattern for a full manual VB is P-R-N-1-2-3....it is upshifted away from Neutral. The forward pattern manual VB retains the normal shift pattern which is P-R-N-3-2-1.....it is upshifted toward Neutral; this works well with stock shift linkage.

The external cooler is simply one that isn't located inside the radiator tank, it can be used alone or in series with the radiator cooler. The external cooler can be mounted in front of the radiator to take advantage of the airflow there or it can be mounted in a remote location with or without a powered fan for air flow.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

jflazlo

Thanks John....do you have any idea what it should cost to have this tranny rebuilt?

jflazlo

John I am new to this..so is this considered a shift kit or is it a regular tranny?  Also there is a slow leak and it seems to be coming from the O ring at the shift linkage according to a mechanic.  Is this something that i can change out by myself with instructions?  Do u know what a rebuild would cost for this tranny, my mechanic said $1900.00 thought that was too steep.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank

John_Kunkel

The Turbo Action Cheetah manual valve body is a valve body that replaces the original, shift kits modify the existing valve body.

The shift shaft seal can be replaced fairly easily but it requires removing the valve body (some will disagree). With the valve body out you simply drive out the old seal and install a new one...with limited room it's easier to pull the new seal in with washers and a bolt/nut.

IMHO $1900 is highway robbery, a normal rebuild involves about $300 in parts including a rebuilt converter.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.