News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash light (package) for 2nd gen?

Started by marangen, February 16, 2006, 05:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marangen

The light that is mounted underneath the padded dash...

My car came without from factory - black plate cover is fitted instead. I guess it was part of "light package"?

My car has the console, so I do get some nice interior lights in addition to headliner lamp - but the dash (map light?) would be nice as well!

Where can I find one? Year One doesn´t have them.

Many thanks,

Martin

bull

I could never find them being reproduced (if they were Year One would probably have them) so I recently bought a fairly nice one on Ebay. I'm not totally sure how they attach but I imagine if you remove the delete plate the bezel will mount right into the same spot. Then you'll have to run the wiring and the light socket but it's possible your harness already has the correct wires sitting up there ready to go. I think the lense is being reproduced, not sure.

Shakey

Sometimes you can get lucky and find them at a salvage yard, if you can find a 2nd gen at a salvage yard.

The photo below shows the dash in my '69.  The large hole is for the heater controls and the smaller hole to the right is where the map light goes in.  It is cut off as it is in the upper right corner of the photo.