News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chevy rockers on eddy heads?

Started by chargd72, December 28, 2012, 04:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Is it true that SB Chevy rockers will work with Eddy aluminum heads for SB Mopar?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Troy

Not positive. In certain cases the shaft mounted rockers are interchangeable (I know they are on my Magnum aluminum heads). Better wait for someone more knowledgeable.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

randy73

I would ask Edelbrock, there tech dept. is pretty knowledgeable. I do know that you can not use older rockers on LS-1 engines and LT-1 rockers can be used on l-98's, not not on any other chevy SB. Hope that helps.

chargd72

Thanks, I'll check with the Eddy guys when I'm ordering heads.  Thought someone on here might have tried it at one time or another.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

femtnmax

Small block Edel magnum cylinder heads.   Yes they will.   Assuming 1.6 rocker ratio, clearancing the pushrods to the head is required on older LA style short block with short lifters, as the magnum heads are designed to go with the taller roller lifters.  A little grinding on the pushrod holes was required, not a big deal.   I also ran 1.65 rocker ratio, could probably run 1.7 ratio.
It was easy to get a good roller tip contact pattern on the valve stem tip and have correct valve lift.
Phil

chargd72

Perfect!  Thanks for posting.   :cheers: