News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a HLPAG car?

Started by 1970Moparmann, December 28, 2012, 11:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Minimal information - YEP.

Not happy customers - YEP.

From the "Midwest" - YEP.

Cheezy General Lee - YEP.

Typical black engine compartment - YEP.

Survey says......... :Twocents:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-GENERAL-LEE-FREE-SHIPPING-/271124878152?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f204d5348
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

bull

Looks like it could be but I don't see the ALL CAPS DESCRIPTION WITH DOZENS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS AFTER EACH SENTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is HLPAG in Indiana now?

histoy

It looks awfully nice to be one of their cars....

JB400

I went on thier website to see if that particular car is on there, but with their photos, it was hard to tell.  I did read their disclaimer.

Disclaimer

We do not and cannot represent 100% authenticity unless it is available. We are happy to show our customers the engine casting number, VIN numbers, tags, engine stamping numbers, body stampings numbers , Frame stamping numbers and transmission numbers codes, we DO NOT GUARANTEE that the motor or any other part or component is in fact the original or that it is correct for this car. There is ALWAYS the possibility of re-stamped motors numbers, re-stamped transmissions numbers, re-stamped Body stampings, re-stampings Frames and as technology improves there will be even more. We cannot guarantee the originality of this vehicle or any part on this vehicle, including but not limited to the Engine, the Transmission, "matching numbers", color changes, data tag, the frame or any documentation. The entire risk as to the originality and the inspection of this vehicle before purchase is up to the Buyer. American Classic Muscle Cars Inc. and TrueMuscleCars.com assume no responsibility or liability for any typographical written error or verbal description and opinion given on the phone about the Vehicle, Verbal description in a video that might be found in any of our advertising including the Internet .  This will include any errors made in the description, color, price, or equipment listed for all being advertised for sale by American Classic Muscle Cars Inc. and TrueMuscleCars.com

Sale prices are for retail sales only and are not applicable for any other type of transaction including but not limited to trade-ins. All sales are under the jurisdiction of the state of Illinois.

COLLECTOR CAR CONSIGNMENT DIVISION: Our consignment division functions as a third party representative for various collectors nationwide. We are not responsible for accuracy of information supplied by the vehicle owners. All contracts pertaining to consignment vehicles will be formulated as a "First Right of Refusal" purchase agreement. Acceptance or rejection of a buy offer is at the sole discretion of the vehicle owner. Final inspection and purchase will take place at our facility in Illinois and are governed by all Illinois Motor Vehicle Statutes. Availability of vehicles, documentation, etc. is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. These consignments are conducted via the internet. We will not be held responsible for acceptance of offers, availability of documents, availability of vehicles, or refusal of offers by consignors.

This vehicle is sold

AS-IS NO WARRANTY as to mechanical condition and Body condition of Vehicle, also subjected to elements of the environment. Rust and inner hidden rust no guarantee,  no Warranty!!! No public liability insurance issued with transaction. Deposits are non-refundable unless otherwise specified and are only valid for up to 7 days after the date above. We make no guarantees to the originality or numbers matching of components on this vehicle. We make no guarantees of written or verbal statements about this vehicle. All sales are final not excluding out of state or sight unseen purchases. There will be no returns or refunds issued. This vehicle is old, NOT NEW! Vehicle is over 10 years old and exceeds mechanical limits of it's age .

This transaction and services were entered in Lake County Illinois. -- All sales are under the jurisdiction of the state of Illinois

JB400

It is one of thier cars.  It is this car in particular.  I can tell by thier roll bar.  Also, they have the same door panels in another car. Obviously, they are going under another name.  It's hard to tell because they use interior shots in the Ebay listing, but on thier site, they use exterior shots.  My money is on this car is it.

http://truemusclecars.com/1969%20General%20lee/1969_dodge_charger_general_lee.html

Cooter

Gentlemen, there is another company that WAS out there called MLC (Memory Lane Classics). These guys pop up under all kinds of different names and the younger son of the owner is rumored to be in jail right now.

Stay away from anything dealing with MLC.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

Do people really fall for their crap?  That's why I criticize so hard and price since I know people overinflated price, condition, lazy to take pics, etc.....

Cooter

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 28, 2012, 12:48:41 PM
Do people really fall for their crap?  That's why I criticize so hard and price since I know people overinflated price, condition, lazy to take pics, etc.....

I offer my statement once, If they are so stupid as to "Impulse buy" something after that, the IMO, they deserve to get screwed. I will NOT however offer that same ol Bullsh*t in every thread hoping to help out the totally ignorant, Stupid, Darwin award winners, Tards, etc. that cannot seem to understand the concept behind personally inspecting an Antique car before dropping their wad.

Yes, MLC got about 25 people one for over $300K on a 1958 Cadillac Barritz Convert.
Plenty on Christines, General Lees, Knight Rider, etc. I can't believe there are those out there in the world today that will argue, fuss, hagle, and basically put numerous hours into buying a damn cell phone, but will drop $35K on a junk car like it's nothing. These types deserve everything they get.
But alas, it isn't the Sellers fault for asking crazy money.....It's the RESPONSIBILITY of the BUYER to keep the pecker out of his ass.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

skip68

I ALWAYS SAY "DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM ANY BUILDER/DEALER, EVER"
Anytime I read that a member bought a car from some place that builds them my stomach gets that queasy feeling.  I hold my breathe as I read about it wondering if it's good or bad.    :rotz:   

To anyone reading this looking for a car, buy your own car privately and then build it or have a shop help.   Know what you have and are getting before its built.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

kikgas01

That is NOT HLFAG! It is Dynamic Auto. It is a guy that tries to build them and sell them. Look him up in the KITT forums. He builds JUNK.

Indygenerallee

NOPE, The guy that builds those is a town over from me in Terre Haute here in Indiana, they are thrown together bondo wagons as I know several of the guys that have done work for himhe does no work on them at all he sublets everything. He has at least 3 or 4 69's outside his "shop" over on Ft. Harrison street. I just saw one over at Wolfe's auto auction Tuesday when I went to pick up a title. Good if you want a driver General Lee but that's about it. I think his business name is Dynamic auto, He has scammed many people on KITT knight rider cars as well.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

Any links so we can see his previous work?  He must be following in HLPAG manual because it has the same rollbar and door panels as a HLPAG car.

Indygenerallee

LOL, Another tidbit I will let you in on is the car in the listed pics IS NOT the one you will recieve as that is his car and the best looking out of all the Generals I have ever seen come out "Dynamic" I have some pics I will post here in a bit.

Indygenerallee

Here are a couple I took at his shop one day, I should have taken some of the rusted 69 That was sitting out there the other day with no rear clip! lol

IMAG0120 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
IMAG0121 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr

PlainfieldCharger

I had actually stopped at HLPAG about a year back :o.The name then was American Classic Muscle cars. I was asking a ton of questions and he mentioned that he had other locations he did other builds in. Also said he had someone leave him. Is this an old employee at Dynamic? :scratchchin:

fc7_plumcrazy

all of them are just junkers.
I get sick of all the general Lee build up companys

charger Downunder

With a Disclaimer like that what can you believe.
[/quote]

Indygenerallee

No, Darrin grew up in Rockville Indiana and his dad is/was a Terre Haute police officer, He is partners in a used car dealership as well.

Ghoste

Quote from: Cooter on December 28, 2012, 12:54:26 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 28, 2012, 12:48:41 PM
Do people really fall for their crap?  That's why I criticize so hard and price since I know people overinflated price, condition, lazy to take pics, etc.....

I offer my statement once, If they are so stupid as to "Impulse buy" something after that, the IMO, they deserve to get screwed. I will NOT however offer that same ol Bullsh*t in every thread hoping to help out the totally ignorant, Stupid, Darwin award winners, Tards, etc. that cannot seem to understand the concept behind personally inspecting an Antique car before dropping their wad.

Sorry but I just can't agree with you there.  You certainly have the right to feel the way you do and you are absolutely under no obligation whatsoever to feel bad for them.  As for me, every time someone gets screwed on a car all it does is discourage that person from participating any further in the old car hobby (and we need all the participants we can get) and encourages the thieves to spread their net again and perhaps even wider (and sometimes a wider net gets better and it ends up even ensnaring the wisest of car experts).  We should do our best to educate people before they buy but we should also remember that a collector car is NOT a necessity but a toy and thereby inherently subject to appealing to the potential owner on a purely emotional level.  The highly charged excitement is exactly what leads to an impulse buy.  You can denigrate them with a name like "tards" but the attitude of serves them right only makes them that much less likely to ever want another collectible old car again (maybe the guys at the office were right and I should have just bought a Prius).
To me, its a little like saying a scantily dressed woman deserves to get raped or the vacationing small town midwesterner who makes the wrong turn into the major city ghetto deserves to get carjacked.   I'm no bleeding heart and many bad events start with a poor decision on the part of the victim but that doesn't mean they deserved it.

JB400

I have to agree with Ghoste on this one.  I think the assumption that most people that unload a wad of cash on a car that turns out to be a lemon, should be considered stupid and deserve it, is at the most too quick to make an accurate assessment of the situation.  There are those that save for years just so they can own their dream car.  They have every right to have the dream car of thier choice.  It is when their dream car has been misrepresented, and they didn't do an accurate assessment of their dream car and buy it, is where I'd have to agree with Cooter.  It's our responsibility as members in the hobby to inform these people before they  lose not only thier money, but thier trust in the hobby.  Unfortunately, this topic is not normally covered by magazines and left mostly for the purists, investors, and the cheats.

1970Moparmann

One time I purchased a car without seeing it in person and it was a POS.  NEVER will I ever do this ever again.   Unfortunately, there are A LOT of people that will buy something without knowing what the hell they are doing. I friend of mine just did this on a Chevelle. I asked him why on earth didn't he call me, and he said "the car was the color and price range he wanted".  He over spent by about $10k on it, but at the end of the day, he is still happy with the decision.  Each to their own...

I hope that all the dealer/builders that are mentioned above, get what they deserve by screwing people.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 28, 2012, 04:44:41 PM
Sorry but I just can't agree with you there.  You certainly have the right to feel the way you do and you are absolutely under no obligation whatsoever to feel bad for them.  As for me, every time someone gets screwed on a car all it does is discourage that person from participating any further in the old car hobby (and we need all the participants we can get) and encourages the thieves to spread their net again and perhaps even wider (and sometimes a wider net gets better and it ends up even ensnaring the wisest of car experts). We here (and anybody else, are NOT the "Collector car police" to patrol Thieves. That's the personal responsibility of the BUYER..That is why it's a Buyer beware world out here. Nowhere is it written that anybody but YOU, the buyer, are responsible for your own actions. We here can only help to a certain degree. (Believe it or not, seeing every single car that is posted here for sale get BASHED by folks here is almost as tiring for me as seeing General Lee threads for you.)Like many that come in the shop AFTER buying a car off a lot, only to find out it is some rusted up POS from up north/beach front that will nickle and dime them to death. Too late then, shoulda brought it by the shop so I could look it over and give you a better idea of what to expect. I have NO PROBLEM helping someone AVOID disappointment. It's the ones that don't take the personal responsibility to do the smart thing even when emotions are involved. IMO, too many have IRA's, Retirement 401K's, ready cash on hand to actually plunk down $20-$80K on these that cause the main problem of theives in this hobby of ours. NOT the seller out there, for after all, it'sthe thief's job to TRY and screw you over, it's YOUR job to not allow it to happen....Nobody else's.

We should do our best to educate people before they buy but we should also remember that a collector car is NOT a necessity but a toy and thereby inherently subject to appealing to the potential owner on a purely emotional level.  The highly charged excitement is exactly what leads to an impulse buy. Again, too many have the cash to actually buy @ $20-$80K and IMO, when dealing with that kind of money, ALWAYS have as much of the odds in your favor as possible by doing personal inspections with an "Expert" on your car of choice. This doesn't mean seeing every sinlge car posted here for sale, getting bashed on, and such. There's better ways to "Help" potential buyers IMO.

You can denigrate them with a name like "tards" but the attitude of serves them right only makes them that much less likely to ever want another collectible old car again (maybe the guys at the office were right and I should have just bought a Prius).Most who get burned that I've seen are "Beginners" who impulse buy. Hey! There's an old car I'd love to have!! I gotta have it!!! BOOM! Money gone on a turd. Stupid. plain and simple.
To me, its a little like saying a scantily dressed woman deserves to get raped or the vacationing small town midwesterner who makes the wrong turn into the major city ghetto deserves to get carjacked.Not exactly the same thing and I think you know it, you just want to see how I will respond. Well, here goes.. Chance favors the prepared mind. IMO, this world holds nothing but bad things for  naive people....I know driving out to South central LA, right into gang territory, and hollaring the "N" word is certainly my right and I shouldn't be beat to death for it, but sorry, I'm smart enough to know that isn't the way it will work out. You are certainly welcome to argue how "Unjust", Incorrect, unfair,or simply down right illeagal it may be, but I still know how it will play out. Far be it from me to stick my hand in the fire and then ask why I got burned.  

I'm no bleeding heart and many bad events start with a poor decision on the part of the victim but that doesn't mean they deserved it.Again, I think you missed the point. If you do not make smart decisions on YOUR part(Impulse buying/Emotional buying/can't wait to be the first on the block with it/etc), When dealing with huge money on an antique car, Simply don't get on an open forum screaming about how somebody did you so wrong..Really? A used car salesman at a dealer/resto shop sold you a turd? Say it ain't so Joe! Again, it's the thief's JOB to try and screw you out of as much as he/she can. It's YOUR Responsibility to NOT let it happen by inspecting the car personally, with an "Expert" of said cars.

Ghoste

No, I wasn't trying to see how you respond because you responded pretty much exactly as I thought you would.  FWIW, i think you're missing my point at least as much or more than i am missing yours.  You think its the victims fault?  Great, whatever.  No one is asking or expecting you to be the "collector car police".  By the same token, calling someone a tard and declaring they deserved to get screwed for not following your rules of smart purchase seems somewhat "ignorant" in another way.

hatersaurusrex

Remove the assigned blame, and you have an age old scenario - a rip off artist takes advantage of a sucker.   It's not right, nor will it ever be, but there's culpability on both sides of the equation.   The ripper shouldn't be such a dick, and the rippee shouldn't be such a mark.  No matter how you cut it, in the end the hustler/mark relationship is as old as time.

In short, it's sad, yes, but it's no more the fault of the dumbass than it is the asshole.  They both had to bring something to the party to make the situation happen.   I have a lot of empathy for people who get taken advantage of, but not a lot of pity.   
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70