News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front steering,susp rebuild....what'd you guys use ????

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, December 26, 2012, 08:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Getting ready to order up everything needed for front end rebuild(stock),can't remember what/where I got all the parts from my other charger I had,where and what brands have you guys been getting.I think most will respond "Moog",and Rock auto,but want to make sure there isn't a better place for shopping.Thanks

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69 OUR/TEA

Also,you guys using stock upper control arm bushings or the offset ones ?????I've always used the regular,but hear that the offset ones are better for alignment ???

HPP

I've used PST kits in the last few rebuilds I've done since the come with the choice of rubber or urethane. I've been very happy with their urethane packages.

Chargen69

i used pst also.

have fun when you go looking for a new pitman arm, it nearly cost as much as the rebuild kit

bill440rt

I used a urethane kit from PSC, not PST. I got them with the upgraded larger C-body tie rod ends.

Steering box was a Stage 2 from Firm Feel, and a new pitman arm & idler arm.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

I pretty much got everything from either Rock Auto or a local autoparts store with all of the components being either Moog or TRW.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: bill440rt on December 26, 2012, 10:36:46 PM
I used a urethane kit from PSC, not PST. I got them with the upgraded larger C-body tie rod ends.

Bill,did'nt you have a bunch of trouble with the steering box,leak issues?

I see now they make a fast ratio pitman/idler arm combo,before my car needs these to go back in,would be nice to hear from others that have tried them.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: resq302 on December 27, 2012, 02:46:08 AM
I pretty much got everything from either Rock Auto or a local autoparts store with all of the components being either Moog or TRW.

Rock Auto has pretty much everything in Moog,.....except the lower ball joints,Advanced Auto has them.I want to just rebuild the whole front end basically stock,just maybe interested in the fast ratio pitman/idler arm.And if not ,that a steering box with a quicker ratio.Can't stand the sloppy feeling with the power stering.

bill440rt

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on December 27, 2012, 08:58:43 AM
Quote from: bill440rt on December 26, 2012, 10:36:46 PM

Bill,did'nt you have a bunch of trouble with the steering box,leak issues?

I see now they make a fast ratio pitman/idler arm combo,before my car needs these to go back in,would be nice to hear from others that have tried them.

No, it was something small that I overlooked. I didn't have the hose fitting clamp tight enough.  :brickwall:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected