News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What was the best/coolest Christmas present you got?

Started by oldcarnut, December 25, 2012, 10:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisiecki1

Quote from: twodko on December 26, 2012, 01:10:59 PM
As cheesy and mushy as it may sound, my gift was another Christmas with my wife. I pray for the same next year.

Health, happiness and prosperity to all of my friends here and all the poor moparless folks too. :cheers:

Not cheesy at all.  A very Merry Christmas to you both.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Dino

Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 26, 2012, 02:00:42 PM
As cheesy and mushy as it may sound, my gift was another Christmas with my wife. I pray for the same next year.

Health, happiness and prosperity to all of my friends here and all the poor moparless folks too. :cheers:

Not cheesy at all.  A very Merry Christmas to you both.

Agreed.  I don't celebrate Christmas but spending any time with my wife is priceless.  Stuff comes and goes and really matters not, it's our loved ones that truly matter.  Nothing cheesy about that. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

kab69440

Quote from: oldgold69 on December 26, 2012, 11:47:50 AM
kab69440 is that something you can get online my brother in law would love one of those 

I don't think so. I just got through explaining to Tilar the story in PM. The guy who made it is a reciever in a Toyota plant in KY. My old man now drives a tanker after spending most of his career as a Master Machinist.  They have struck a common interest friendship in much the same manner as the Charger enthusiasts here. Dad did it for a living from blueprints, this guy is a hobbyist who just builds from his imagination. He brought in some examples of his work to show off and as soon as Dad saw the pen, he said "I want one of these!" the guy just up and gave it to him. He gave it to me for Christmas.

There are a few companies such as Rockler that manufacture custom pen mechanisms for which a hobbyist can turn barrels and ferrules. Dad has expressed a lot of interest in setting up one of his machines to do that, even buying a new chuck insert and smaller tooling to do the job. As far as I know, this one does not exist as a kit. The only part that looks mass produced is the cast rifle that serves as the pocket clip. I don't know where he got that, either.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Vainglory, Esq.

I got a Dodge charger for Christmas.

(Capitalization matters.)

djcarguy

GOT TO SEE AND HOLD MY GRAN BABY GIRL,,OOH YES AND HER MOM AN DAD,,,  BEFORE CHRISTMAS.  AND SEE BOTH MY SONS FOR X-MAS DAY AND 1 SON HANDED ME $300 STARTING TO PAY BACK CAR REPAIRS. PARTS AND REPAIRS AT SHOP THAT I COULD NOT DO ON HIS FRONT DRIVE PROBE THINGY THAT MY X AND HIS STEP DAD PUSHED HIM TO BUY.HAD ONLY SEEN THE 1 SON THAT LIVES WITH  ME IN THE 6 MONTHS BEFORE THIS. DID MY HEALTH AND MOOD LOTS OF GOOD TO SEE ALL 3 OF  MY KIDS AND GRAN BABY.  VERY  BEST TA YA ALL'S AND HOPING FOR A BETTER NEW YEAR TA ALL'S...........................HO HO HO ,,,,,,HOE :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :angel:

Cooter

Same back at you Twodko....That's putting things back into perspective. Although, my Tattoo was bout the coolest gift so far with the exception of seeing one of my buddies finally make up with his Kids and his maker before he passed this year.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

billfury

Spending another Christmas with the family. I did get a laptop from the wife and a Daytona flash drive from my youngest daughter.

Ram07

I got christmas dinner with my boy and his wife, and two grandsons, youngest boy was there as well...been a few months since I saw them...then a boxing day breakfast with the new g/f's family, was kinda nice to be included this year! To me that was my main gift....got presents tho as well!  :2thumbs:

Nothing Charger related tho, cuz I still don't own one.. :brickwall:

KS71owner

I got to spend the day with my brother, mom and stepdad in the middle of a mandatory 10 day holiday vacation. And I got out of jury duty early.

As for gifts, I did get another pair of Vibram Fivefingers (cold weather Flows), a really nice 5.11 tactical backpack and a bunch of iTunes and Kindle gift cards. My brother was going to get me a lower receiver for an AR15 but the market is a bit.....inflated at the moment. Also bought myself a few things, a bunch of clothes and two new pairs of shoes, some Skullcandy headphones and a new case for my iPod touch. Also got a couple of really nice model kits.

mrsskip68

I got Nothing!!!  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

i did get to cook for everybody though! Yea me!  :2thumbs:

Ram07

Ah, so you're the gift that keeps on giving? Who needs diamonds when ya got a pot of potatoes to mash... :icon_smile_big:

Patronus

An original Courts and Hackett:

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Drache

Quote from: oldcarnut on December 25, 2012, 07:02:36 PM
Quote from: Drache on December 25, 2012, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: oldcarnut on December 25, 2012, 10:59:31 AM
my son bought me a GoPro Hero 2 motorsports edition camera which I probably would have never bought that expense for myself.

Everyone is switching over to the Hero3 models that just came out.  :'(

My son told me he would have looked at the GoPro 3 but he read too many bad reviews on them having various problems.  Maybe the bugs will get taken out soon.

I really suggest buying the Wifi kit for the Hero2 (the Hero3 has it built in). Not only is it a remote to start the camera, it also allows you to watch the camera feed live from your smart phone or tablet from up to 600ft away!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JB400

Quote from: mrsskip68 on December 30, 2012, 02:48:17 PM
I got Nothing!!!  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

i did get to cook for everybody though! Yea me!  :2thumbs:
Is that what you asked for or is Skip a cheapskate?

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."