News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

this aint bad at all....

Started by 1974dodgecharger, December 25, 2012, 12:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

IMO, it's ok, but not a great deal, for sure, judging by the pics  :Twocents:

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

charger_fan_4ever

I see a 5k project car with bondo over the rust and some semi gloss paint.

tippytoe

Does this car belong to a member here ? It looks familiar. I am almost positive someone posted the story about this car on the net somewhere ( I was thinking it was on this site, but I may be wrong).  :scratchchin:

bobs66440

That would make an awesome winter beater.  :yesnod:

paironines

About 8 to 10k max. Higher end if it had 69 grill.  5k would be screamin deal but that would never happen.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: tippytoe on December 25, 2012, 07:53:16 AM
Does this car belong to a member here ? It looks familiar. I am almost positive someone posted the story about this car on the net somewhere ( I was thinking it was on this site, but I may be wrong).  :scratchchin:

Yes I believe it's surfcharger's 69. Think he picked that up early last year.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Tilar

I'd say he's in the ballpark. I think anything less than 10k would be a bargain. It's a running driving car with probably the best upgrade you can give a 69, and that is the 68 grille.  :D
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: bobs66440 on December 25, 2012, 08:56:40 AM
That would make an awesome winter beater.  :yesnod:

thinking the same thing...though winters in PHX are not bad...

Cooter

Wow, I can't believe nobody's goin' off bout those incorrect/gay seats/Ebody console/etc.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Tilar

Can you believe someone put those gay ass seats in there? And that console just isnt right at all. You can buy them books and send them to school, but you just can't take them out in public.  :flame:

Hows that Cooter? Is that sorta what you were looking for?  :lol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

JB400

Those seats are out of a Shelby.  Either way, I'd drive it rather than be Chargerless.  Wouldn't you?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on December 26, 2012, 07:37:05 AM
Wow, I can't believe nobody's goin' off bout those incorrect/gay seats/Ebody console/etc.

For the price u can't complain I say now if he was askin 20k large and saying how its a charger and they go up in value daily now I would complain hahhaahha

PtitRaisin

I'd like to tell you more about this ad. But I've send a email and no reply for the moment.
If the guy send me other pics, I'll put it on the thread  ;)
Quentin

Mytur Binsdirti

It's a well known fact that a '68 is worth more than a '69 & the grille will only help to increase the value of the car.   :lol:

Ghoste

That doesn't make any sense though, the 68 grille is missing a key (and very attractive) design element in the center, how could it possibly add value? ;)

Kern Dog

Wouldn't it be boring if we all thought the same way?

Surf Charger

Hey Guys,

Yes this is my car. I have to part with it due to recent medical bills. I bought it a year and a half ago. The previous owner put the mid 80s charger seats and crappy console in it as well as the R/T badging. It is an original '69 383 G-code car with column shift. The previous owner moved it to the floor.

The front grill was installed by the previous owner from a '68. I removed it, repaired, rebuilt and repainted it. The whole front end is in great condition and the headlights work perfect. 

Bash away but I'm asking exactly what I have into it. I wasn't expecting to have the transmission rebuilt when I purchased it so that really set me back.

Typical rust around the rear lower quarters and rear lower bumper area. Some small spots on the passenger side rocker panel. Otherwise, no rust underneath...no rust on frame. All floor pans are original with no rust. It had a factory undercoating so I'm guessing that saved it. I drive it around town all the time. Runs great and it gets a lot of comments. I can try to answer any questions. I tried to list everything I had done to it thus far. My first goal was to get it running perfect, then attack the cosmetic side of it with body work and interior.

Unfortunatly I recently came down with extreme fatigue at the end of October and have been in and out of the hospital/doctors so now I don't have the time or health to deal with it.

Surf Charger

Quote from: Cooter on December 26, 2012, 07:37:05 AM

Thanks Coot. I can't say much for your avatar either.  ;)

nvrbdn

good luck selling her. she looks to be in decent shape. best luck with your health. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

PtitRaisin

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 01, 2013, 02:29:18 PM
good luck selling her. she looks to be in decent shape. best luck with your health. :2thumbs:

+1  :2thumbs:
Quentin

Baldwinvette77

Looks pretty good to me, the trunk and floor pans look original, meaning that the car can't be to rusty, that or the metal was professionally replaced, its got some rust on the rear valance, but its not worth passing up on because of it, it COULD have some problems beneath the paint, but if you never strip it down, you'll never know anyway. Cool car  :yesnod:

RCKSTR

If it was closer to me it'd defintately be worth a look  :yesnod:

XS29L

I had a '69 that had been punched in the nose by the previous owner. I put a '68 grille in it (from a parts car I had out back) and fixed the '69 fenders. I liked the combo of the '69 taillights with the '68 grille.
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Cooter

Quote from: Tilar on December 27, 2012, 01:45:19 PM
Can you believe someone put those gay ass seats in there? And that console just isnt right at all. You can buy them books and send them to school, but you just can't take them out in public.  :flame:

Hows that Cooter? Is that sorta what you were looking for?  :lol:
:2thumbs:

However, only a moron would think that a 68 grille adds any value to an already more popualr '69 model... :D
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mytur Binsdirti

Cooter; your back, complete with your high school yearbook picture!!!!   :eek2:

Cooter

Mytur Binsdirti

Cooter

Mytur Binsdirti

Much like herpes, you just keep coming back.  Come to think of it, herpes is commonly found on nasty cooters.  :smilielol:

Surf Charger

Well regardless, it sold this morning. I'm sad to see it go but I don't plan to be Chargerless forever. I will be back...mark it down.

Dino

Quote from: Surf Charger on January 02, 2013, 11:00:37 AM
Well regardless, it sold this morning. I'm sad to see it go but I don't plan to be Chargerless forever. I will be back...mark it down.

Back?  Why leave in the first place?  We have more members than we have Chargers left so by all means stick around man.   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 02, 2013, 08:30:07 AM
Much like herpes, you just keep coming back.  Come to think of it, herpes is commonly found on nasty cooters.  :smilielol:

And blow me again Turd.

Mytur Binsdirti

Feel free to frame this and hang on your wall.  :lol:

JB400

And that makes Cooter a winner!!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 02, 2013, 01:38:33 PM
Feel free to laugh at my stupid ass Cooter. I secretly admire you and wish to be you. Please feel free to beeeyotch slap me into next week if I get too ignorant.  :lol:

Mytur Binsdirti

You know that you shouldn't let your mind wande Cooter, it's still too little to be let out alone. But honestly man, are you always so stupid or is this time of year a special occasion for you?  Then again, while most here will agree that calling you stupid is an insult to stupid people, there's got to be a reason for your stupidity; could it be that you ate paint chips when you were a kid?   :shruggy:

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 03, 2013, 05:50:49 AM
You know I really shouldn't let my mind wander Cooter, it's still too little to be let out alone. But honestly man, are you always so cool or is this time of year a special occasion for us?  Then again, while most here will agree that stalking you on a forum is a sad, sad thing for me to do, it is all my old ass really has left... there's got to be a reason for your coolness and my gayness; could it be that you used to whip kids asses like mine when you were a kid?   :shruggy:

Why Turd, and here all this time I thought you were just some old ass, senile, bastid who just stalked people on forums and hung out with the other assholes on Moparts. I now know different, you aren't just old. Again, blow me turd.

skip68

Dirty T, just remember that if you blow Cooter it makes you gay.  Cooter, if you let Dirty T blow you then you're just as gay.....  As always, we'll need pictures.    :rofl:   You guys kill me.   :smilielol: ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ram07

nice to see you guys get along!!

Dino

Quote from: Ram07 on January 03, 2013, 01:46:30 PM
nice to see you guys get along!!

You should see them outside of the holiday season.   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: skip68 on January 03, 2013, 01:38:06 PM
Dirty T, just remember that if you blow Cooter it makes you gay.  Cooter, if you let Dirty T blow you then you're just as gay.....  As always, we'll need pictures.    :rofl:   You guys kill me.   :smilielol: ;)

Coot asks another man to give him "oral favors" three times, then, with a picture he accuses me of being gay.  This guy's got diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the ideas.  :slap: