News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Isn't this special!

Started by HeavyFuel, December 22, 2012, 07:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Quote from: HANDM on December 23, 2012, 01:37:54 AM
Quote from: HeavyFuel on December 23, 2012, 01:29:57 AM
Wow.....hard to start a little good natured ribbing around here without some folks getting all jacked up.  Musta hit a nerve.

CDR.....Yeah, I AM glad to have the jing to buy an R/T, thanks for the kudos. :2thumbs:

Red 70....who are you to tell me to piss off?   You don't know me. 

You don't tug on supermans' cape
You don't spit in the wind
You dont pull the mask off the lone ranger
And you don't mess around with.......................... :lol:

That is funny. :icon_smile_big:

But I didn't want my remark to seem threatening.  I just think it's disrespectful to tell someone you don't know from Adam to piss off.

Cooter

Why do some folks Badge up a "Base" Car with R/T badges??

Cause they can. Plain and simple. By the time most get done with their lowly "Base "cars here, they have more power, better brakes, better handling, and better paint than many of the "true" R/T's did when they left the factory, so if they left with "only" 375-425 HP, then One making over 600 HP should definately get the R/T badges. And yes, I have put "HEMI" badges on 318 cars before? Why? Cause I could. And to piss off purists.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

HeavyFuel

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 23, 2012, 01:39:34 AM
Best thing is, a General Lee could be made from either model of Charger :icon_smile_big:

OHHHHHH......you had to go there. :lol:

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Cooter on December 23, 2012, 01:45:03 AM

By the time most get done with their lowly "Base "cars here, they have more power, better brakes, better ahndling, and better paint than many of the "true" R/T's did when they left the factory, so if they left with "only" 375-425 HP, then One making over 600 HP should definately get the R/T badges.

Now that there IS a valid point..... :scratchchin:

Cooter

Plus, as if those "DAYTONA" Decals back in the day actually meant you took it to Daytona and raced it...Talk about posing...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

HeavyFuel

Cooter.....I gotta know.....is that you in your avitar?

That isn't me in mine , BTW. :smilielol:

RCKSTR

Quote from: Cooter on December 23, 2012, 01:45:03 AM

Cause they can. Plain and simple. By the time most get done with their lowly "Base "cars here, they have more power, better brakes, better handling, and better paint than many of the "true" R/T's did when they left the factory, so if they left with "only" 375-425 HP, then One making over 600 HP should definately get the R/T badges. And yes, I have put "HEMI" badges on 318 cars before? Why? Cause I could. And to piss off purists.

This I do agree with. Thank you Cooter.

Cooter

Quote from: HeavyFuel on December 23, 2012, 01:49:44 AM

Um,.......that would be a no...But it does bare striking similarities to many of the "Hemi" folks I run into though.

UH60L

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 23, 2012, 12:48:19 AM
Whats the purpose of putting R/T badges on? Just so people will think you have an R/T? Do most people even know what an R/T is? And if your willing to admit its not real (clone, tribute whatever) isnt that the same as having a fiero kit car that looks like a lamborghini? It isnt what it appears to be so why fake it?

Are you actually a rockstar?  No, then what's the purpose of using RCKSTR as you user name?  You were not born with that name.  Are you just trying to get attention because you have a small penis?  Why would anyone use a different name than their own online?

More improtantly, have you intentionally lied to anyone about your name?  Is your name causing anyone elses's name to drop in value?  Does your name make you happy?  Do you give a shit what anyone else thinks about your name?  

I'm the youngest of 8 kids.  My Dad was 43 by the time I was born.  We were not rich, or even what most would call "middle class".  We were not completely "poor", but we were not far from it.  I got my car for $7100.00 roughly 22 years after it had been converted from a 318 to a 440/727B.  I had to borrow $6000.00 of it.  I upgraded the brakes, suspension, added a rear sway bar, as well as all new wheels and tires, new dual exhaust with 40 series flowmasters, new wiring, new brake master cyclinder, I could go on and on.  It will never be "original" again.

If your that worried about what other people do to their own cars, then I think you have more time on your hands than I do.  (and probably more money too...)

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Cooter on December 23, 2012, 01:59:50 AM
Quote from: HeavyFuel on December 23, 2012, 01:49:44 AM

Um,.......that would be a no...But it does bare striking similarities to many of the "Hemi" folks I run into though.

Good to hear....I can erase that visual.  :2thumbs:

Cooter

Quote from: UH60L on December 23, 2012, 02:02:34 AM
Whats the purpose of putting R/T badges on? Just so people will think you have an R/T? Do most people even know what an R/T is? And if your willing to admit its not real (clone, tribute whatever) isnt that the same as having a fiero kit car that looks like a lamborghini? It isnt what it appears to be so why fake it?

Are you actually a rockstar?  No, then what's the purpose of using RCKSTR as you user name?  You were not born with that name.  Are you just trying to get attention because you have a small penis?  Why would anyone use a different name than their own online?

More improtantly, have you intentionally lied to anyone about your name?  Is your name causing anyone elses's name to drop in value?  Does your name make you happy?  Do you give a shit what anyone else thinks about your name?  

Damn, that's funny..... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on December 23, 2012, 02:06:48 AM

Are you actually a rockstar?  No, then what's the purpose of using RCKSTR as you user name?  You were not born with that name.  Are you just trying to get attention because you have a small penis?  Why would anyone use a different name than their own online?

More improtantly, have you intentionally lied to anyone about your name?  Is your name causing anyone elses's name to drop in value?  Does your name make you happy?  Do you give a shit what anyone else thinks about your name? 

Damn, that's funny..... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
I agree, that's good :smilielol: :smilielol:

Quote from: HeavyFuel on December 23, 2012, 01:45:11 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 23, 2012, 01:39:34 AM
Best thing is, a General Lee could be made from either model of Charger :icon_smile_big:

OHHHHHH......you had to go there. :lol:
I'm glad I didn't include the 500 or the Daytona, that would have finished tying the knot on my noose.

HeavyFuel

I'm the youngest of 8 kids.  My Dad was 43 by the time I was born.  We were not rich, or even what most would call "middle class".  We were not completely "poor", but we were not far from it.  I got my car for $7100.00 roughly 22 years after it had been converted from a 318 to a 440/727B.  I had to borrow $6000.00 of it.  I upgraded the brakes, suspension, added a rear sway bar, as well as all new wheels and tires, new dual exhaust with 40 series flowmasters, new wiring, new brake master cyclinder, I could go on and on.  It will never be "original" again.

If your that worried about what other people do to their own cars, then I think you have more time on your hands than I do.  (and probably more money too...)

I liked Cooters counter-point better....he got it across without insulting another mans penis.  (I think he's gettin' soft.  :lol:)  

Ohhhh........that didn't sound right.... :eek2:

Cooter

Quote from: HeavyFuel on December 23, 2012, 02:10:53 AM

I liked Cooters counter-point better....he got it across without insulting another mans penis.  (I think he's gettin' soft.  :lol:)  That didn't sound right.....

AHHH! I can't unread that!

RCKSTR

I liked Cooters counter-point better....he got it across without insulting another mans penis.  (I think he's gettin' soft.  :lol:)  

So your telling me your real name is UH60L? Did your parents hate you that much for  ruining their retirment? If your wife hates your penis thats not my fualt, Im here to discuss cars, not the reasons your wife wants to leave you and your parents hate you. And yes, I do play in a band, we are quite popular but Im not revealing the name, so no, my name is not a lie.

kokxville

And wich one of you actually own a charger? :rofl:

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 23, 2012, 12:11:46 PM

So your telling me your real name is UH60L? Did your parents hate you that much for  ruining their retirment? If your wife hates your penis thats not my fualt, Im here to discuss cars, not the reasons your wife wants to leave you and your parents hate you. And yes, I do play in a band, we are quite popular but Im not revealing the name, so no, my name is not a lie.
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

JB400

And to think all this started about false advertising Charger R/T's :lol:

RCKSTR

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 23, 2012, 12:33:22 PM
And to think all this started about false advertising Charger R/T's :lol:
I know! Really shows you the children that visit this post. If Im not mistaken, the men have kept this on topic with valuable replies. We can all talk shit but really where does it get you? This forum is for cars, not smack talk.

68X426

Back to cars.

The only real RT is a '67 Coronet.

:girlfight:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Back N Black

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 23, 2012, 01:36:57 AM
For arguments sake, my F350 came from the factory as an XLT. I really wanted a lariat truck. So I put lariat badges on it.. BUT, I also put in a full leather interior, woodgrain door panels and dash, center console, overhead console with computer, keyless entry,everything that makes it a lariat. Long story short I actually made it a lariat truck. Granted its just a trim package, not a different model. But, I would never put the badges on without doing the rest of the work too.

Most people who do R/T clones do it correct,not just throwing badges on a car.

Green71R/T

As the owner of a real R/T , I have no problem with people putting R/T badges on their car. I do have a problem with an auction house misrepresenting the cars pedigree to increase the sale price and perhaps defrauding the new owner of the true value of the car.

Kern Dog

Going back to some semblance of the original topic.....
My car was a 318 model. It had F8 green paint and a white vinyl top. 14 inch wheels and 4 drum brakes.
Now? Flame red w/o any vinyl. Charcoal and black interior. 18 inch wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes. Suspension and steering several stages better than any stock R/T. Aluminum heads over a 493 short block. Gear Vendors overdrive unit.
I'd say R/T badges are an understatement at this point.

Ghoste

Quote from: Green71R/T on December 23, 2012, 03:05:04 PM
As the owner of a real R/T , I have no problem with people putting R/T badges on their car. I do have a problem with an auction house misrepresenting the cars pedigree to increase the sale price and perhaps defrauding the new owner of the true value of the car.

Yep, agreed and I think thats really the only important point in the whole thread.

RECHRGD

I'm with Cooter and red 70RT on this one.  I've said virtually the same thing in the past on these clone posts.  I had my original numbers matching R/T.  But that was in 1968, and I was doing mods to it within a week of taking delivery of it.  My current 318 XP car is now, in every way as good or better than my original R/T.  It's faster, stops better and handles better than my original car.  The only thing that I stayed true to, was to make it look as close as my original car as I could.  I never portray it to be something that it isn't when talking to people.  I don't know if the R/T badges create more smiles and thumbs up when on the road, but who cares.  It's my car, and as far as I'm concerned, it deserves the R/T badges......
13.53 @ 105.32

Patronus

I think the OP is a silly little troll... Only interested in causing anger and flaring tempers. Were our plane to crash in the wilderness I would eat you first.   :Twocents:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE