News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a KB piston?

Started by prothed, February 12, 2006, 10:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prothed

Question - Is the piston in the picture a Keith Black one?
Background info - this is from a 440 I am buying and the vendor says that he was told that the pistons were from Keith Black, but all the pictures of KB pistons I can find have a KB logo cast into them.  These have no manufacturers marks at all, apart from a pair of numbers (1276 / 89) cast into the inner skirt.

Second question - You can see the piston has been damaged.  Would you put it back into the rebuilt engine?

(I've got my views on the above, but I'd like to get some more input before going back to the vendor...)
Thanks in advance.

Runner

it may be off there oem line but it doesnt look like there hyper pistons.  most kbs have valve notches, say kb on them and have a nicer oil ring oiling holes than your standard budget pistons.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

skip68

Don't know about all that,  but I do know I would invest in set of pistons. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

rollingthunder

they look just like the stockers I pulled out of my 440.
life's to short have a blast before its gone.

prothed

Thanks guys.  Pretty much confirms what I was thinking.  They looked like pattern parts to me.

Chryco Psycho

71440se

not a kb and  dont  reuse it.