News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I achieved my goal !! Well, almost.......

Started by Ranman69SE, December 19, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranman69SE

Again, per Ron's suggestion, I went with Comp Cams steel rollers 1.5, part number CCA-1321-16. (There appears to be a new part # CCA-1621-16).  These are pricey, but nice!

'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

lexxman

I love the video,I can't wait till I can do that. :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

Quote from: rt green on December 23, 2012, 02:28:29 PM
what kind of rockers did you use? reason i ask is i have an old set of isky's from the 70's or 80's  laying around. or did you use stock?

RT, the cam we decided on for Randy's build is a flat tappet mechanical grind so stock rockers are not compatible. You need to be able to adjust the lash with a solid  :yesnod:

The Comp Pro Magnum rockers are excellent and the geometry works perfect with an Edelbrock RPM cylinder head. I wouldn't use these with a solid roller but with flat tappet spring pressures they are bulletproof.

That being said ; the old Isky/Crane ductile iron rockers will also work good and i would have no reservations using them in that type application.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

rt green

thank you. now all i have to do is get the  rocker shaft seperators. those look alot better though.
third string oil changer

Wicked72

I was gonna ask what mufflers since it sounds so badass!!
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected