News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many of us are gun owners???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Started by skip68, December 18, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many here are gun owners?

YES-forever
73 (73%)
NO-never
15 (15%)
Not yet but getting one
8 (8%)
Yes but getting rid of it (them)
4 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

bull

I don't know what was intended by that fear God comment but I'll say it's true because I don't know how you can fear anything and kill people en masse. When I say "fear" I mean put anything above yourself in importance. When someone puts themself on a pedestal so high that nothing and no one is more important than they are, and they fear nothing and no one, there's no reason not to kill the insects below. Add that to the notion that life has no meaning and no one is falling in line with their warped agenda to the point they are willing to kill and die then why not go on a killing rampage? The concept of something greater than them does not exist. God, country, family... nothing.

Drache

Quote from: bull on January 13, 2013, 10:27:46 PM
I don't know what was intended by that fear God comment but I'll say it's true because I don't know how you can fear anything and kill people en masse.

The Crusades. End of Story. Killing in the name of God. Up to 1 million civilians killed.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Quote from: Drache on January 13, 2013, 10:43:42 PM
Quote from: bull on January 13, 2013, 10:27:46 PM
I don't know what was intended by that fear God comment but I'll say it's true because I don't know how you can fear anything and kill people en masse.

The Crusades. End of Story. Killing in the name of God. Up to 1 million civilians killed.

Why did you go there? You missed the entire point of my post. But since you brought it up...

Not that anyone here has done much reading about the Crusades, because they think it's such a wonderful (albeit ill-informed) argument against Christianity, but the Crusades were about reclaiming land taken forcibly by Turkish Muslims.

I don't know what/how you believe but I think it's laughable that an atheist, or antitheist (or whatever label they hang on themselves) would utter a single word about the Crusades given the fact that atheist-minded regimes have amassed piles of millions upon millions of bodies in furthering their cause. Stalin is directly responsible for 26 million deaths alone while Mao piled up somewhere in the neighborhood of 38 million on the low end estimate. A case could be made that Hitler was an atheist too although he was apparently into the occult, or was his own god.

Drache

Quote from: bull on January 13, 2013, 10:57:06 PM
Why did you go there? You missed the entire point of my post. But since you brought it up...

Not that anyone here has done much reading about the Crusades, because they think it's such a wonderful (albeit ill-informed) argument against Christianity, but the Crusades were about reclaiming land taken forcibly by Turkish Muslims.

I don't know what/how you believe but I think it's laughable that an atheist, or antitheist (or whatever label they hang on themselves) would utter a single word about the Crusades given the fact that atheist-minded regimes have amassed piles of millions upon millions of bodies in furthering their cause. Stalin is directly responsible for 26 million deaths alone while Mao piled up somewhere in the neighborhood of 38 million on the low end estimate. A case could be made that Hitler was an atheist too although he was apparently into the occult, or was his own god.

My reply was based upon the comment that if you fear God you don't kill kids. The Crusades disprove that.

As for the Crusades, they were fought to restore Christian access to the Holy Lands and to protect a few of the holy Sites that were destroyed by the Muslims. When the Crusaders took Jerusalem in 1099 they slaughtered the Muslims almost to every man, woman, and child all to the call of "God Wills It".

I am not "anti-christian" but I am "Anti-Organized Religion". I believe that people need a faith, whatever they faith may be, but Organized Religion is a detriment to man kind.

That is all I'll say on the matter.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Not sure how disorganized religion is any better than organized religion but knock yourself out with it... whatever it is.

I'm not condoning the Crusades and I'm not Catholic so the feeble argument is wasted on me anyway. Just sayin' the atheist folks should be mindful of the log in their own eye before worrying about the speck in someone else's.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Drache

Quote from: bull on January 14, 2013, 12:15:09 AM
Not sure how disorganized religion is any better than organized religion but knock yourself out with it... whatever it is.

I'm not condoning the Crusades and I'm not Catholic so the feeble argument is wasted on me anyway. Just sayin' the atheist folks should be mindful of the log in their own eye before worrying about the speck in someone else's.

Where did I say anything about disorganized religion? I said I believe people need faith. Faith isn't doesn't have to be religion.

As for the faults done by "atheists" I never said they were perfect. Once again I was replying to the comment that those that fear God don't kill children. I was disproving that comment. That people have killed children in the name of God because they thought that is what God wanted.

Personally I think doing things like killing because an imaginary person tells you to or you think that's what your imaginary person wants you to do... generally that is called Schizophrenia. Granted it's just as bad as being a psychopath but what the hell.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

oldgold69

bull

Quote from: Drache on January 14, 2013, 12:28:22 AM
Quote from: bull on January 14, 2013, 12:15:09 AM

Where did I say anything about disorganized religion? I said I believe people need faith. Faith isn't doesn't have to be religion.

As for the faults done by "atheists" I never said they were perfect. Once again I was replying to the comment that those that fear God don't kill children. I was disproving that comment. That people have killed children in the name of God because they thought that is what God wanted.

Personally I think doing things like killing because an imaginary person tells you to or you think that's what your imaginary person wants you to do... generally that is called Schizophrenia. Granted it's just as bad as being a psychopath but what the hell.

I thought you were done commenting on the matter? Let's try it for real this time. :2thumbs:

oldgold69

mrsskip68

AKcharger

Well, we went from "How many people here own guns" to arguing about killing in God's name over a 1000 years ago during the crusades...I think this has went sufficiently off track enough to warrent stupid pictures. Hmmmm, lets see....Ah! got it,  Squirrels with guns!

mrsskip68

mrsskip68

oldgold69

i hope those squirels only have semi autos  could get ugly at the park if not :smilielol:

John_Kunkel

Quote from: AKcharger on January 14, 2013, 02:50:59 AM
Well, we went from "How many people here own guns" to arguing about killing in God's name over a 1000 years ago during the crusades

The killing in God's name goes on to this day.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

charger490

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

AKcharger

bull

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

djcarguy

Quote from: AKcharger on January 14, 2013, 02:50:59 AM
Well, we went from "How many people here own guns" to arguing about killing in God's name over a 1000 years ago during the crusades...I think this has went sufficiently off track enough to warrent stupid pictures. Hmmmm, lets see....Ah! got it,  Squirrels with guns!

djcarguy

THANKS FOR  these pics,made me smile and lifT my mood.saw them at  3 am and depressed.glad to see the criters are arming up to take out some of the big white hunters???    

All my guns are locked up in son in laws safe for months now.been depressed and not safe to have my guns here.

BOUT TIME,, THE CRITER ---SHOOT BACK???MAKES IT A LITTLE MORE EVEN AND FAIR.HAHAHA :Twocents: :icon_smile_question: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

Paul G

I just got this link in an email from a buddy of mine. Sounds like Americans are getting serious now.

http://youtu.be/8nF098HtY-s
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#