News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many of us are gun owners???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Started by skip68, December 18, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many here are gun owners?

YES-forever
73 (73%)
NO-never
15 (15%)
Not yet but getting one
8 (8%)
Yes but getting rid of it (them)
4 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

skip68

I watched that video and have some problems with it..  First off, when the shooters came in they shot the teacher and then immediately turned and started shooting at the one in the class that had a gun.  Why you ask? Because they new he had a gun.   If this were a real situation, most likely the shooter/killer would not know this.  The shooters were actors told to go in, shoot the teacher and turn and shoot at that student.  They were calm and under no stress.  If this were a real situation the killer most likely wouldn't know who has a gun thus giving the chance for the student to take the shooter down.    :slap:  I agree about the training however, the shooters/killers ARE NOT trained either.  They will make sloppy mistakes also.   There will always be situations were there is no chance of walking away no matter how much training you have.  That's why we have lost many, many police officers by shootings.   :rotz:  

Another thing they didn't do was put a police officer in the same test.   In street clothes with his gun covered by a long shirt.   He would be caught off guard also and not know he's a target.  I'd suspect he would be shot to but getting a few shots off perhaps....    I'd like to see that test...
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Drache

Ah yes the video that tries to show the CCW is 100% useless.

As Skip pointed out the "gunman" KNEW who had the gun because he was told that the "CCW Holder" would always be sitting in that exact seat. A real shooter would not know who had a gun nor where said person might be sitting.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

KS71owner

My brother and I have quite a few guns, including some collectible pieces. I'm going to be starting an AR 15 build soon, once the market calms down and receivers go back to normal prices (and are available). I'll just start with the parts kits and components I want for now; those cost more anyway.

This picture is fairly recent, although the AK and mini 14 have been sold since then.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

stripedelete

Quote from: KS71owner on December 30, 2012, 02:01:51 PM
My brother and I have quite a few guns, including some collectible pieces. I'm going to be starting an AR 15 build soon, once the market calms down and receivers go back to normal prices (and are available). I'll just start with the parts kits and components I want for now; those cost more anyway.

This picture is fairly recent, although the AK and mini 14 have been sold since then.

Why did you dish the Mini?

TheGhost

Quote from: LaOtto70Charger on December 29, 2012, 04:26:44 PM
But shouldn't the desire be to elminate the need for those tools and leave them in the past?

The first person who is capable of completely eliminating mankinds need for weapons needs to be made world leader for life.

It will never happen.  Ever.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

charge69

Just a little "tidbit" here but, both of these Colts are older than my Charger!

A 1965 2 1/2" Python and a 1960 shipped Detective Special.

I have, since I bought the Python a number of years ago, have replaced the stocks with "correct" New Colt wood stocks.

redmist

I figured I would add a FUN video to the doom and gloom of things here.

I took some of the family and friends out on Christmas day 2011 and ran some rounds through the full auto toys for fun. One of the guys in this video is a hard core lib, and I bet you cant tell who is who by the smiles on peoples faces!! Everyone had fun, it was safe, and educational for the lib.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KESkZOh-awI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KESkZOh-awI
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

skip68

Thanks for the videos.  Looks like lots of fun.    :2thumbs:   
I was going shooting today but I'm feeling pretty bad still from last night so no guns today for me. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Cooter

How many have been on the wrong side of a handgun and lost? I played the badass savior at a party one night with some friends who were gonna "Dis-arm" this other "Badass".(He was high and drunk, with a rival group)...Took one about one inch from my artery in my leg. Scared the hell outta me seeing all that blood. Got no problem when it's someone else's, but when it's yours, it's scary. Not to mention, it hurt like hell too.
Doc. said "One more inch and you'd be in that black bag over there in the morgue kid....What were you thinking?"

Thing is, the idiot waving that pistol around that night never pulled any time for it. said it was an "Accident"...Damn near left this world over some stupid sh*t  like an accident. Changes your whole outlook lemme tell ya.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

lisiecki1

Quote from: Cooter on January 01, 2013, 06:49:13 PM
How many have been on the wrong side of a handgun and lost? I played the badass savior at a party one night with some friends who were gonna "Dis-arm" this other "Badass".(He was high and drunk, with a rival group)...Took one about one inch from my artery in my leg. Scared the hell outta me seeing all that blood. Got no problem when it's someone else's, but when it's yours, it's scary. Not to mention, it hurt like hell too.
Doc. said "One more inch and you'd be in that black bag over there in the morgue kid....What were you thinking?"

Thing is, the idiot waving that pistol around that night never pulled any time for it. said it was an "Accident"...Damn near left this world over some stupid sh*t  like an accident. Changes your whole outlook lemme tell ya.

Are you making the argument that guns are bad because a group of stupid kids were being stupid?
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Cooter

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 02, 2013, 10:00:09 AM

Are you making the argument that guns are bad because a group of stupid kids were being stupid?

Oh no, I still think guns should be around self protection. I wish I hadda been armed that day for sure.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charger490

i used these when i was in the air force. do you think they would take them away if i still had them?

Tilar

Quote from: charger490 on January 02, 2013, 01:37:35 PM
i used these when i was in the air force. do you think they would take them away if i still had them?

I doubt they would even ask without a little of the brown stuff dribbling down their leg first.  :smilielol:  Don, If we go into a revolution, I want you on my side.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

charger490

Quote from: Tilar on January 02, 2013, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: charger490 on January 02, 2013, 01:37:35 PM

I doubt they would even ask without a little of the brown stuff dribbling down their leg first.  :smilielol:  Don, If we go into a revolution, I want you on my side.  ok i will be there as i amgoing to die anyway so might as well go out for a good cause.so they take all the guns than who is going to kill all the deer and bear and pigs in this country .we will be over run with them.

Paul G

:smilielol:  Don, If we go into a revolution, I want you on my side.  :2thumbs:

I am afraid it is not if, but when we go into a revolution. All of my friends are arming up. People I dont usually see even. Ammo is hard to get now. Just saw a co worker today, told him about the Glock 30 I just purchased. He rattled off 3 long guns and 2 hand guns he purchased over the weekend. I think we are getting ready for a fight.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Tilar

Quote from: Paul G on January 02, 2013, 04:29:55 PM
  :smilielol:  Don, If we go into a revolution, I want you on my side.  :2thumbs:

I am afraid it is not if, but when we go into a revolution. All of my friends are arming up. People I dont usually see even. Ammo is hard to get now. Just saw a co worker today, told him about the Glock 30 I just purchased. He rattled off 3 long guns and 2 hand guns he purchased over the weekend. I think we are getting ready for a fight.

I agree. It's like a line has been drawn in the sand, and any type of gun regulation is that line. Everyone I know is on the same track.  I went to a sporting goods store this last saturday and bought another magazine for my SR9 and a box of hollow points. Got a good deal on the ammo too, Box of 50 for $18, last box they had.
Dave  

skip68

bull

Quote from: jfarquha on January 01, 2013, 04:42:19 PM
Hey... liberal doesn't automatically mean anti firearm.   :lol:

True, but the problem is they don't vote that way. Never can understand it. I have friends who agree with me on all sorts of conservative ideas but come election time they vote for the guy who believes the opposite. Then they blame the "other" guys for all the problems.

John_Kunkel

Could it be because the "other guys" haven't been able to put up a viable candidate?  Many don't vote "for", they vote "against".
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

nvrbdn

they were trying to ban certain guns in illinois and pass gay marriage rights, but too many of the democrat obama voters were either sick, or had family matters going on which left too many republicans and democrats that dont want gay marriage and gun bans in control of the floor so they canceled the voting. next chance to try to push something through is may. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Tilar

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 03, 2013, 03:38:30 PM

Could it be because the "other guys" haven't been able to put up a viable candidate?  Many don't vote "for", they vote "against".

Everybody votes against because neither side has had a viable candidate the last couple elections.
Dave