News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many of us are gun owners???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Started by skip68, December 18, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many here are gun owners?

YES-forever
73 (73%)
NO-never
15 (15%)
Not yet but getting one
8 (8%)
Yes but getting rid of it (them)
4 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mrsskip68

Ok, Drache i'm headed up to "your team" in Canada, when the zombies break out!!!! Lol!  I can cook, and ride horses too!!!!   :2thumbs:

Drache

Now these are guns I do not own but got to handle due to work  ;)

Beretta Cougar:

Olympic Arms AR-15, Spas-12, Springfield M-14:

H&K G3 and Springfield M-14:

H&K MP5-SD6:

Sig Sauer P226:

Para-Ordnance P14-45:

H&K 416:

USMC SAM-R Edition:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Brad Pitt Gives Angelina Jolie a $400K Shooting Range as Wedding Gift

Brad Pitt gives awesome presents. Pitt spent close to $400,000 to build a shooting range/armory for Angelina Jolie, his bride-to-be, at the couple's Miraval estate in southern France, according to The Sun.

An unnamed source said "Ange," that raven-haired curvaceous vixen with the perfect lips, is an adrenaline addict who loves shooting.

"Ange clearly finds shooting an aphrodisiac," the source said. "When she and Brad were around weapons on the set of 2005's Mr & Mrs Smith they ended up together."

Not much else is known about the range other than it has pop up human silhouette targets.

For my money, a gun range is a far better wedding gift than the vial of blood her last husband Billy Bob Thornton gave her on the day of their nuptials.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/newshound/2012/09/brad-pitt-gives-angelina-jolie-400k-shooting-range-wedding-gift
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

XH29N0G

Was at 12 y.o. and since, but not today.   For me now, firearms are a precaution in remote camps.  Maybe other reasons in the future if they are good. 

Had a friend kill himself after he wrecked his dad's 427 corvette.  Another friend was shot by his brother, but was OK so had bragging rights about a scar.  My dad had a friend shoot himself by accident - later saw him as a security guard.  I have kids and teach them all I can, but don't plan on risking it if they or their friends do something stupid or go through a phase. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Dino

My wife owns two.  She got one when she was living alone out in the country where cops can't get to you fast, and she got a smaller one to have with her when she used to work in the pit of Detroit.

She took me to the range once as I had never fired a gun.  I fired a few magazines until I was able to shoot the friggin' target and that was that.  We keep each hidden but have fast access to it in case some nutjob tries to break in.  She's thinking of selling the smaller one though.  It's a 45, Kimber I think.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Troy

Quote from: Dino on December 19, 2012, 11:24:41 AM
My wife owns two.  She got one when she was living alone out in the country where cops can't get to you fast, and she got a smaller one to have with her when she used to work in the pit of Detroit.

She took me to the range once as I had never fired a gun.  I fired a few magazines until I was able to shoot the friggin' target and that was that.  We keep each hidden but have fast access to it in case some nutjob tries to break in.  She's thinking of selling the smaller one though.  It's a 45, Kimber I think.

The smaller one is a .45? What's the bigger one? A Dirty Harry special? Desert Eagle? Gatlin gun? ;)

A large majority of my family hunts (and none live in the city). I have seen/heard lots of accidents but none involving a firearm. Unless you count the first time I shot a 1911 and sliced my thumb because I had the wrong grip.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Drache

Quote from: jfarquha on December 19, 2012, 08:12:43 AM
Another friend was shot by his brother, but was OK so had bragging rights about a scar.  My dad had a friend shoot himself by accident - later saw him as a security guard.  I have kids and teach them all I can, but don't plan on risking it if they or their friends do something stupid or go through a phase. 

It's not a risk with proper training and having it locked up where an inexperienced kid can't get it.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Dino

Quote from: Troy on December 19, 2012, 12:13:47 PM
Quote from: Dino on December 19, 2012, 11:24:41 AM

The smaller one is a .45? What's the bigger one? A Dirty Harry special? Desert Eagle? Gatlin gun? ;)

A large majority of my family hunts (and none live in the city). I have seen/heard lots of accidents but none involving a firearm. Unless you count the first time I shot a 1911 and sliced my thumb because I had the wrong grip.

Troy

:lol:  The other is a 9 mm I think.  The 45 is physically smaller but shoots like a friggin' hand cannon.

Drache

NOT MINE:

The Pachmayr Dominator is a slide for a standard 1911 lower which allows your 1911 to become a single shot .308  :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

I see that 3 of you want to get rid of guns and four of you want to get some. You guys should pm each other and do some bartering. :2thumbs:

twodko

OK I gotta jump in...........with both feet and my big mouth. Like many I have weapons too, a real preban Colt AR-15 and a 1911 .45. Just sold the .45 because its too heavy and nowhere near as accurate as newer .40/.45's out there.......read Glock for one. A smaller frame .40 or .45 will be in my future.

The horrors of Connecticut, Colorado, Oregon, Norway et al are just truly beyond unthinkable. No excuse, no reason, no sense what so ever. Pure unbalanced evil. A tragedy of the first order for sure and my heart is heavy for the loss of all those lives.

Now comes the national knee jerk ban ban ban all firearms so we'll be safe. Many of us know that rallying cry is pure BS. People kill people not the means they use. Lets ban pencils because of poor spelling......lets ban cars because people get run over.....lets ban donut shops because we'll get fat.......to institute a national weapons ban would be the same paranoid folly IMO that will not stop these nightmares.
The population has become so large that people with serious issues really do slip through the scrutiny of society. The mental health services infrastructure in this country like Vet services is criminally abysmal. Basic human services must be a national priority instead of pork barrel special interests.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

charger490

i have had guns since i was 14 all shot guns. i have seven .two that i bought and 5 that i won at gun shows. i hunt when i get the chance and that i am handicaped i can shoot from my truck as long as i am off the road.if they take my guns i will get one of them nail guns and use that.

lisiecki1

I would like to know who is getting rid of guns, what they have, and what they want for them.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

chargerboy69

Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 19, 2012, 01:49:16 PM
I would like to know who is getting rid of guns, what they have, and what they want for them.

I second this, I am always on the look out for more guns.

I may have a couple.  :D

I blame my brother-in-laws for my addiction.  Being in law enforcement they are able to take me to the city, county and state police ranges.  The one county outdoor range we use is cool.  They have a building and cars with dummies, lots of fun.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

bull

I had started looking for a small caliber revolver before the CT incident took place but now the ban-happy politicians have created another run on guns and ammo. So if anyone wants to get rid of a small .38 (I'd actually prefer one of those S&W Airweights for my wife) please let me know.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

lisiecki1

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on December 19, 2012, 01:59:39 PM
I have several paint guns. Mostly SATA.

I'd be interested in those too.  The project will get painted eventually.  :2thumbs:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

chargerboy69

Quote from: bull on December 19, 2012, 02:10:19 PM
I had started looking for a small caliber revolver before the CT incident took place but now the ban-happy politicians have created another run on guns and ammo. So if anyone wants to get rid of a small .38 (I'd actually prefer one of those S&W Airweights for my wife) please let me know.

Yep, another run on guns and ammo.  I was hoping we would have a nice long break after the election ( was a big panic buy before election too) but nope.  I would think you maybe ok with what you are looking for.  Now if she wanted a AK or AR15 then maybe a slight price increase.  :P
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Dino

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on December 19, 2012, 01:59:39 PM
I have several paint guns. Mostly SATA.

Oh yeah, got a few of those as well.  I no longer have my old trusty devilbiss though...

Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 19, 2012, 01:49:16 PM

I am, not sure, totally clueless so will get back to you.   :icon_smile_big:

hawkeye

i don't think i am a conspiracy nutjob, but i would never list the guns i own, especially handguns, on a public forum.  you never know how and when it could be used against you.  i will say i have guns and know how to use them.

my73charger

Quote from: hawkeye on December 19, 2012, 03:09:32 PM
i don't think i am a conspiracy nutjob, but i would never list the guns i own, especially handguns, on a public forum.  you never know how and when it could be used against you.  i will say i have guns and know how to use them.

I kinda second that...