News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many of us are gun owners???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Started by skip68, December 18, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many here are gun owners?

YES-forever
73 (73%)
NO-never
15 (15%)
Not yet but getting one
8 (8%)
Yes but getting rid of it (them)
4 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

twodko

Well guys, so far the 870 tactical is appealing to my "pick it outta the mud, fire any kinda shells" requirements. The Browning also has its benes as does the Mariner albeit too flashy for me.
My wish list is a shotgun I can use for bird, deer and "other" needs so to speak. There are so many choices out there it gets difficult to narrow the field.  :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Drache

Quote from: twodko on January 08, 2013, 11:36:19 PM
Well guys, so far the 870 tactical is appealing to my "pick it outta the mud, fire any kinda shells" requirements. The Browning also has its benes as does the Mariner albeit too flashy for me.
My wish list is a shotgun I can use for bird, deer and "other" needs so to speak. There are so many choices out there it gets difficult to narrow the field.  :shruggy:

My Benelli is a pump but it accepts 3-1/2" Super Magnum shells  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

twodko

A benelli is beyond my price range but a sweet weapon none the less.

lloyd3

In the last six months I've been able to buy 2 (two) Model 12 winchester pump guns for ~$200 because they weren't original enough to be considered "collectable".  Advertised as "the Perfect Repeater" by Winchester until they stopped making them in the early 1960s, these shotguns were machined entirely out of 4140 steel (nothing cast or stamped). The earlier versions (pre-1940s) did not have a disconnector, meaning that once you pull the trigger and start pumping, it just keeps on firing until it's empty. This means that 6 (six) rounds can be fired very quickly, even quicker than most autoloaders can perform that feat.  These guns were once the most popular shotguns in the country and untold millions of them were sold, but the advent of non-toxic shot and then a prevalance of relatively inexpensive over/unders relegated them to the back of the gun rack for most folks. They are now largely forgotten in the rush to buy "tactical" weapons and usually end up in the bargain section of the gunstore if they don't have an original buttpad or a perfect finnish.  Even if they don't look "pretty", the steel in these firearms makes them almost indestructable and they handle and point in a shockingly effective fashion.  Just ask your dad or even grandad how effective they can be (special versions were used as "trench brooms" by the millitary in WWII, Korea, and even Viet Nam).  Let's see now; cheap, unassuming looking (not a black "evil" assault weapon), very effective "hunting" tool, and with the "plug" removed, the ultimate close-range defensive weapon (IMHO).

Drache

Quote from: twodko on January 09, 2013, 12:59:07 AM
A benelli is beyond my price range but a sweet weapon none the less.

Benelli Supernova - only about $800 new
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

twodko

twodko

I think I have settled on the shotgun for me. Molot VEPR 12.....only $1400.  :shruggy:

Drache

Quote from: twodko on January 11, 2013, 05:53:00 PM
I think I have settled on the shotgun for me. Molot VEPR 12.....only $1400.  :shruggy:

Just be aware the bolt hold open doesn't always work and some parts may be so tight you need to file them slightly  :cheers:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

twodko

Wicked72

Always will be and hopefully making more purchases soon if there isnt a sale ban...then again theres always the black market.
I wonder if the mosseburg tactical 22 will count as an ar15?
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

rnjump

Do you think the Barrett rifles will be banned for public use? There are several different models from single shot bolt action to semi auto with 10 round clip. They are 416 and 50 cal. I believe.

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

ACUDANUT

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chargerguy74

I'm more of a gun nut than a Charger nut I guess. And I am quite the Charger nut.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

mrsskip68

Lets not go to the religion side please!!! I have my beliefs, chuck has his, and you all have your own. Thats a private, personal topic and does not belong on this perticular thread! If a member here needs to come online and throw out inflamitory religious statements and then log off to hide, might i suggest another site!?! Perhaps a religous site/blog that allows you to express yourself.  :Twocents: Lets stick to the thread topic/question PLEASE!!!!
Much respect,
Lisa

JB400

Quote from: mrsskip68 on January 13, 2013, 01:28:45 AM
Lets not go to the religion side please!!! I have my beliefs, chuck has his, and you all have your own. Thats a private, personal topic and does not belong on this perticular thread! If a member here needs to come online and throw out inflamitory religious statements and then log off to hide, might i suggest another site!?! Perhaps a religous site/blog that allows you to express yourself.  :Twocents: Lets stick to the thread topic/question PLEASE!!!!
Much respect,
Lisa

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: ;)

A34

Ruger Makes it easy to write your Elected

Just go to rugers site. Fill in your address. It looks up your elected officials and you proof the email. Sign your first name and hit Send. Poof your done. Please pass this along. We need to show how many of us there is.

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

Tilar

Quote from: Drache on January 12, 2013, 11:36:30 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 12, 2013, 11:29:36 PM
People who do not fear God, kill innocent kids.

I don't believe in God and I don't kill kids....  :RantExplode:

I think most people understood that he didn't mean everyone.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: mrsskip68 on January 13, 2013, 01:28:45 AM
Lets not go to the religion side please!!! I have my beliefs, chuck has his, and you all have your own. Thats a private, personal topic and does not belong on this perticular thread! If a member here needs to come online and throw out inflamitory religious statements and then log off to hide, might i suggest another site!?! Perhaps a religous site/blog that allows you to express yourself.  :Twocents: Lets stick to the thread topic/question PLEASE!!!!
Much respect,
Lisa

You missed the point. It's not about religion.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

And to think she had me change my post. :rotz: :lol:  I will say she did have good intentions though. :pity:

twodko