News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird - Petty Blue / White - 4bbl - Craig's List - VA

Started by WINGIN IT, December 16, 2012, 11:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGIN IT

Golden-Arm

it's not on the 999 list, and the ad doesnt claim it's an original 999 car, just says it's painted petty blue. i call repaint!! :smilielol:

*also decals in wrong spot on wings, ridiculous autographs on paper, taped or glued onto car, and as usual, wrong treatment to nose blackout.  ::)

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

held1823

the ad and photos

$105,000

1970 Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird. 440 C.I. SIX Pack. This is a like new car in mint condition. Both wings are signed by the legendary Richard Petty. Original dealer invoice and matching numbers. Car has Petty Blue paint with white interior. This is a beautiful one owner car that has been garage kept. It has been used primarily for parades and car shows. Serious inquiries call Billy at 757-xxx-xxxx
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

68X426

Quote from: Golden-Arm on December 16, 2012, 11:36:24 AM
it's not on the 999 list, and the ad doesnt claim it's an original 999 car, just says it's painted petty blue. i call repaint!! :smilielol:

*also decals in wrong spot on wings, ridiculous autographs on paper, taped or glued onto car, and as usual, wrong treatment to nose blackout.  ::)

But it's only been messed with by the one original owner. :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

rob-dirt

Dumb Questions - did birds have hoods hood insulation pad,s ?  i see this one dose  :shruggy:

Dave Kanofsky

That looks like a "U" engine code in the VIN...Just sayin'...

And leaded in nose...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Aero426

Looks leaded at first, but it's not, at least on the fender tops.  

hemi68charger

Birds always look great in Petty Blue.. This one is no-less attractive.. But, backin' out those headlamp buckets before the decals go on !!!  :yesnod:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

I agree.   Looks like some small (easy) stuff to fix.     What a great color combo. 

62 Max

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 18, 2012, 07:34:25 AM
Birds always look great in Petty Blue.. This one is no-less attractive.. But, backin' out those headlamp buckets before the decals go on !!!  :yesnod:

Troy,
I've been around a long time and have seen a few original birds years ago the same way. :scratchchin:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Aero426 on December 18, 2012, 10:51:47 AM
I agree.   Looks like some small (easy) stuff to fix.     What a great color combo. 

We know it's a U-Code - Not a V......Do we know if it is a true P-Blue car?

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Aero426 on December 18, 2012, 10:51:47 AM

I agree! 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

Quote from: 62 Max on December 18, 2012, 10:58:53 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 18, 2012, 07:34:25 AM
Birds always look great in Petty Blue.. This one is no-less attractive.. But, backin' out those headlamp buckets before the decals go on !!!  :yesnod:

Troy,
I've been around a long time and have seen a few original birds years ago the same way. :scratchchin:

In terms of Mother-Mopar, I would doubt it at all... But, I'm sure the original designers never intended it that way... Maybe there were a fair share of noses that were bumped on new ones, fixed and only had the decals installed... I definitely wouldn't kick it out of bed..  ;D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

XS29J8B

I've seen the car a few times in SE VA in the past 4 or 5 years. A friend of a friend of a friend owns it. It basically stays in the garage except for the occasional local car show.  It's a repaint.  Vinyl top has also been re-done.

Can't remember the paint code or original color, but I think it's B5 (or whatever Plymouth equivalent).  I do seem to remember that the fender tag said "V" in the VIN area even though the dash VIN tag says "U."  Anyone ever heard of this?

Galen Govier should have info on this car.  He decoded the fender tag, according to the owner.

62 Max

[quote
Can't remember the paint code or original color, but I think it's B5 (or whatever Plymouth equivalent).  I do seem to remember that the fender tag said "V" in the VIN area even though the dash VIN tag says "U."  Anyone ever heard of this?

Galen Govier should have info on this car.  He decoded the fender tag, according to the owner.
[/quote]

Can't have it both ways,but if GG said so I guess you can !   ::)

XS29J8B

That's what I thought.  I figured the VIN and fender tag would have to match on that critical character, but wondered if there were exceptions in the case of these cars.  Being unusual production cars, that is.

The owners of this car aren't really Mopar people.  My impression was that they didn't understand the significance of the U versus V code, and that they didn't seem concerned by it at all.  They didn't really even seem to be that excited about owning such a car.

They said GG decoded the tag...they didn't say what he said about it.  I didn't ask - I was just happy to see a wing car.  Pretty unusual sight around that area.

WINGIN IT

Well maybe a member in that area can check it out , and get the facts straight  :yesnod:

maxwellwedge

Fender Tags are easier to do than VIN plates.......Show me the Broadcast Sheet

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 62 Max on December 19, 2012, 09:15:28 PM
[quote

Can't have it both ways,but if GG said so I guess you can !   ::)
[/quote]

:lol: