News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

body plugs

Started by warpspeed, December 18, 2012, 03:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warpspeed

Can someone tell this poor dumb**s how to intstall body plugs?  There must be a catch that I am not aware of.  Yipes!!!

Ghoste

I can tell you this much, DON"T push on them with a screwdriver. :lol:

charger Downunder

Push one edge in and work around it with your thumb push hard. Make sure your using the right plug for the hole, measure them if needed.
[/quote]

twodko

Some soapy water helps too.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dino

Either throw them in warm water for a half hour or make them a little more flexi with a heat gun / hair dryer.  I also run some grease in the edge to keep moisture out.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Indygenerallee

QuoteEither throw them in warm water for a half hour or make them a little more flexi with a heat gun / hair dryer.  I also run some grease in the edge to keep moisture out.
ding,ding,ding,ding we have a winner!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

warpspeed

Wow!  I would not have thought about the hot water.  I used vaseline, and the "blunt" end of a screwdriver, a socket the size of the inside of the plug, to no avail.  I am basically talking about the samll size, almost solid one.  It is on the floor in front of the back seat near the big ones.   The hot water sounds good and will try that tonight.  Thanks

warpspeed

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! IT is DONE!!!

Warm water, soap and a hammer.  I was able to push the plug down on one side and tap at 3:00, 9:00, and finally 6:00.  After getting it started, tap, tap, tap unitl the plug feels  solid all the way around.  The biggest problem was in the area where the inslulation is laid down.  It made it more difficult to get it in.  The area were there is no insulation was easy.

Many thanks for the help! :2thumbs:

Ghoste

You have to wonder how they got them in there under a mass production deadline though huh?

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on December 19, 2012, 08:41:10 PM
You have to wonder how they got them in there under a mass production deadline though huh?

They are real supple when they are new.  Usually one guy lays them in place and another follows with a mallet.  One hit and they're in place.

Quote from: warpspeed on December 19, 2012, 06:42:51 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! IT is DONE!!!

Warm water, soap and a hammer.  I was able to push the plug down on one side and tap at 3:00, 9:00, and finally 6:00.  After getting it started, tap, tap, tap unitl the plug feels  solid all the way around.  The biggest problem was in the area where the inslulation is laid down.  It made it more difficult to get it in.  The area were there is no insulation was easy.

Many thanks for the help! :2thumbs:

:2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1970Moparmann

Sometimes that things that look so straight forward are such a pain in the ass.... :RantExplode:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

warpspeed

reminds of that game that the kids have to use a mallet to hit the pop up creature (can't remember what animal it is).  I bet the worker with the mallet was really good at beating on things away from work. :smilielol:

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: warpspeed on December 21, 2012, 02:42:42 PM
reminds of that game that the kids have to use a mallet to hit the pop up creature (can't remember what animal it is).  I bet the worker with the mallet was really good at beating on things away from work. :smilielol:
Whack-a-mole! ;D

duster71

Just did them in my friends Charger,you just have to beat them in with a couple of good whacks with a rubber mallet.Once you get one in you'll see how easy it is.Be carefull with the black ones that go in the trunks exstentions that have a n angle on them they tend to tear at the angle the gray ones are better .

bull

Watch those plastic ones especially. The rubber ones are a pain but those plastic ones can snap real easy. Ask me how I know this. :'(