News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hell, about ready to list my Charger!!!!

Started by kikgas01, December 18, 2012, 07:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kikgas01

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-/230896667930?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true
If this is going for more than 10 grand with RUSTY front floors, quarters and doors that is all beat to shit, I should list mine!!!!!

Ghoste

Boof05

Love how they list it as a solid car then mention all the rust work later on
"It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar".

MrSnicks

Don't buy it.. it's a trap!

That carburetor is only aluminum, not chromed.

Patrick

TruckDriver

This is why I'll most likely never be able to afford a classic car again. Insane prices and to many gold diggers. :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

Quote from: MrSnicks on December 18, 2012, 08:40:12 AM
Don't buy it.. it's a trap!

That carburetor is only aluminum, not chromed.

Patrick

WHAT????   Thats a bold accusation right there fella. ;) :smilielol:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: kikgas01 on December 18, 2012, 07:44:35 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-/230896667930?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true
If this is going for more than 10 grand with RUSTY front floors, quarters and doors that is all beat to shit, I should list mine!!!!!

I know you are probably being silly but NOOOO. Sell it back to BB1  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

skip68

That's what is called real solid and rust free back east.  :Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Homerr

With the wheels on it somebody has visions of a GL would be my guess.

Blown70

HA yes I love this I in a brief moment of insanity was going to sell my 69 and list it for 15K.  After seeing the junk out there... HAHA.  I wont sell mine for less than 22K.  But have decided against it for now.

Tom

jaak

I wonder how many cars are actually sold on eBay these days. I will guarantee you that car will be relisted. Between bidders with no intention on buying, shill bids, etc. prices are run up on eBay, but the deal never goes through. Yet people use eBay as a pricing guide to their cars  ::).

Truth is I checked out two cars in the past year locally that where in similar condition (minus engine/trans), one the owner was asking 3k and the other was 3.5k. They were rusted and was gonna need a lot of metal replaced, but I think were realistically valued depending on the work needed done.

Jason

F8-4life

I agree ebay is a poor guide for car values.

rt green

looks like those headers have been HOT.   lean runner?
third string oil changer

BB1

Talk about gold diggers  ::) I don't want my old car back. I'm better of buying a real R/T.
He thinks ebag is the real deal when it comes to charger prices.

Sorry I'm not stupid. Keep it
Delete my profile

kikgas01

Because I don`t think I could replace mine for 10,500(what I gave for mine, just being honest) that makes me a gold digger? I didn`t sell you this one because I feel it would take more than 10,500 to replace mine and don`t want to be a "gold digger" to sell it to you for 15,000(which I think it would take to replace mine) because I would feel guilty. I was being facetious when I posted this and I honestly think it would cost about that to replace mine. Like me, hate  me, I don`t really care... Sorry I have a conscious. Sometimes it don`t pay to be honest I guess.... I told you, find one in this shape and I will trade you. Remember? I still have it yet. Think what ever you want, I don`t care. I feel I tried and did my part as good and as honest as I can.

Blown70

Well I look at all sites for sure, and not sure what the issue is here.  Suffice to say I dont price a car based on ebay but there are often cars that you can see and the shape.

Personally I am about done with the "car" hobbie as most piss, moan, b*&ch or wanna give you NOTHING for your parts.  I discounted a grille for a guy $300, but NOPE he wanted for $550. less, AFTER bragging about how much he had in his car.  I said NO thanks good luck with your search. 

Ohh ya, love the bs line, "help a mopar brother out"  really?  Sorry I will keep the part in the shop.

kikgas01

Well said 70. My Charger will probably be sold soon. I`m pretty much done in the Mopar hobby. I have other cars and hate the shit trail these cars cause and leave being a General Lee or a triple green Charger or just the pricks... It`s no fun anymore to even have a Charger... Sold my last Charger on ebag and real well. It was orange with a flag on the roof, but needed every piece of metal replaced.

Dino

Quote from: kikgas01 on December 18, 2012, 04:11:07 PM
Well said 70. My Charger will probably be sold soon. I`m pretty much done in the Mopar hobby. I have other cars and hate the shit trail these cars cause and leave being a General Lee or a triple green Charger or just the pricks... It`s no fun anymore to even have a Charger...

Geez what happened man?  I know the GL threads get ugly and people bitch about green (mostly jokesI would think) but it can't be that bad that you'd want to get rid of a Charger?  It's much easier to not visit this site, the bs will stop at that point.  Not that I want you gone btw.  It's only a handful of members that bitch and moan, unfortunately they do so on a regular basis.

For what it's worth, the guts of my car are still green!   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Lennard

Quote from: kikgas01 on December 18, 2012, 04:11:07 PM
Well said 70. My Charger will probably be sold soon. I`m pretty much done in the Mopar hobby. I have other cars and hate the shit trail these cars cause and leave being a General Lee or a triple green Charger or just the pricks... It`s no fun anymore to even have a Charger...
:violin:
What happened to: "Like me, hate  me, I don`t really care..." ?
Some of you guys care to much about what other people think of you and/or your car.

will

Is that a dana rear in that car? Definitely a bolted on cover. :shruggy:

Blown70

Quote from: will on December 18, 2012, 05:02:21 PM
Is that a dana rear in that car? Definitely a bolted on cover. :shruggy:

Most definatly NOT

Cooter

When your buying, NOTHING is worth anything...But, when selling, everything is worth a fortune. Been that way from day one.

You STILL can't touch a Complete tri-five chevy for under $5K for a rust bucket. Don;t even get me started on 1940 Ford Coupes. 1941 Willy's coupes. 1932 Ford coupes. Etc.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

kikgas01

I will post a pic of the 57 bel air i found for a buddy. 4-speed and all 5k. Nice blue, white top