News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vent window weatherstripping replacement

Started by sweet318, December 16, 2012, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweet318

Has anyone replaced their vent window weatherstripping?  The vent window needs to be removed and I'm sure that the entire window assembly does not need to come out, just removing the vent window pivot pin from the frame hold-down screw.  Am I correct in assessing this, or am I off base?  The old manual calls to remove the entire assembly.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Merry Christmas!

8WHEELER

In order to get the glass tray out that the glass rests in, you need to pull out a small roll pin, that goes
into that shaft that goes straight down from the glass window tray in the middle. You need to pull the hole
vent window frame up at least a little to get to that roll pin.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

sweet318

Thanks for the huge tip, Dan.  Can you tell me if the roll pin is threaded?  I'm reaching up into the door panel and can feel it, but not sure if I need to spray a lot of penetrating oil or if it's threaded.  Or, does the window tray come out from the window frame,along with the window itself to make this much easier?  Really appreciate it!!!
-Jon

8WHEELER

The roll pin is pressed in, and can be pulled straight out and turing it at the same time, no threads. But I don't know how it could
be put back in, if it is still in the car. It will need to be tapped straight back in with a hammer.

The window tray, come's out with the window frame, if that roll pin is installed.

Dan

bill440rt

It'll be much easier to pull the vent window assembly out than trying to get the pin out/in with it still in the car.
:Twocents:

Oh, and welcome to DC.com:cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

8WHEELER

Quote from: bill440rt on December 18, 2012, 07:57:01 AM
It'll be much easier to pull the vent window assembly out than trying to get the pin out/in with it still in the car.
:Twocents:

Oh, and welcome to DC.com:cheers:

:yesnod: :yesnod:

I would never try it while still in the car.

Dan

sweet318

Thank you all for your input.  Really appreciate it.  When I get a moment this coming weekend, I'll tackle this (vent window removal-pin, assembly) again.  Will let you know.  Take care and Merry Christmas!
-Jon ('68)