News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheels

Started by Homerr, December 13, 2012, 01:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homerr

I keep looking at this thinking that the wheels on this car are as valuable as the rest of the car.  I can't remember or find them right now, but are these rare?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-RT-440-High-Optioned-Car-Triple-Black-Red-Striped-/281034493625?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item416ef60eb9

moparstuart

aftermarket spyders
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Homerr

Thanks, I kept thinking they were something rare like the W23 wheels.

bakerhillpins

:eek2:    Those are horrible.   :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ghoste

They were made by Motor Wheel Corp, the same follks who brought you the Magnum 500.

69charger2002

those wheels ae NASTY, and i can't believe personally that car went for so much!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Dino

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 13, 2012, 03:52:30 PM
those wheels ae NASTY, and i can't believe personally that car went for so much!

No kidding!  For a non matching numbers car in that bad a shape, I sure hope the buyer wanted that exact car cuz he's never gonna make a dime on it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

richRTSE

They used to be cool! I kinda like them, if you're going for the vintage look....    :2thumbs:

Homerr

They're definitely not in my top 5 wheel picks, but I'm not as offended by them as some.   ;)

In order - on a ('70) Charger I like Rallye, Magnum 500, dog-dish/steelies, Pacer 161M style, and American 200S.

DrHemi

They look kind of like wheels from the 80s/90s Chrysler products
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

JB400

They'd look good on something like an Intrepid or an Oldsmobile.

Ghoste

There used to be a Motor Wheel plant here in town back in the day so I did see them on the odd ride around here but haven't in some time now.  IIRC, they were quite heavy too.

Charger-Bodie

I like spyders. I would love to have a set..Not my favorite, but up there close.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Troy

My first Charger had a set of those. Looked way better than the stock hub caps. At the time I couldn't find any information at all about them. I sold the car for less than what those wheels are worth today! I did run across some a while. I got 3 but the seller couldn't find the fourth. Supposedly I can have it - if he ever finds it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Can you comment on the weight Troy?

magnum

I have three sets of the Motor Spyder wheels. My father had them on a 71 Mercury Cougar. Used to see them a lot on Dune buggies.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on December 15, 2012, 04:52:49 PM
Can you comment on the weight Troy?
They are steel with an aluminum center. I don't remember them being super light or anything. The ones I have currently are 14"x7" I believe. I could probably try to weigh one against a stock steel wheel. The only one I have without a tire on it is a 15"x8" I believe.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 13, 2012, 03:52:30 PM

someone is playing games with the seller hahahahahah......