News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger wheel size

Started by Dmichels, December 16, 2012, 10:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmichels

Ok I know this has beaten to death I am looking for a tire and wheel size that will fit in the fenders I DO NOT want the largest tires that I can stuff on the car. I am planing on Magnum  500 15 or 16 inch Please let me know what works for you
Thanks Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

pro451bee

You are really limited in tire selection in 15 and 16 sizes.I recomend 17" or 18" sizes.Year one Has a good solution for a stock look.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Troy

235/60-15 on 15"x7" rims with 4" backspacing will fit all four corners.
15"x8" rims with 4.5" backspacing should work as well (tire will be a little less bulged on the sides).

Here is approximately what that will look like but the spacing is a little wider:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,63191.msg751966.html#msg751966

If you want wider tires on back you can go with 255/60-15. I actually had these on my 68 Charger after I took them off my Barracuda (the Barracuda has smaller wheel wells). They fit both cars even with only 3.75" backspacing.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.