News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help me value this car please

Started by RCKSTR, December 15, 2012, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

You'll pay $15K fully knowing its complete, yet falling apart. I wouldn't touch it, the paint's falling off! And that mirror.. :rotz:   
Is any of this an overseas deal? Cause then $20K ain't chit.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

1974dodgecharger

Based on only those picks and when i look at pics Im so very gracious...i say 16k, but as forum members have said (they always bring me down to earth) its more a 12k to 14k car due to the members mentioned.

Im gonna be an 'ass' to say this, but im gonna say this is your car and you plan to sell it and you just getting some opinions on price.  Alot of the forum members do this and you seemed lik you got a little personal when someone mentioned a pretty low price in the postings.

RCKSTR

Its really close to me in canada, was originally an iowa car. Asking price is 25k, won't go lower than 20, I'm trying to tell him he's nuts but he's coming back with "its an iconic car and there aren't maby left" bla bla. I want him to see the car for what it is. BTW its on a used car lot. Was a bankrupty seizure.

Cooter

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 16, 2012, 10:54:50 PM
Its really close to me in canada, was originally an iowa car. Asking price is 25k, won't go lower than 20, I'm trying to tell him he's nuts but he's coming back with "its an iconic car and there aren't maby left" bla bla. I want him to see the car for what it is. BTW its on a used car lot. Was a bankrupty seizure.

Then, sounds like as long as there's one willing to pay the full monty @ $20K, you have one of two choices here....

1. Walk away without your Charger.

2. Pay the piper and buy it cause seller knows he'll sell it sooner or later. There's one born every minute, and do you feel like being that "one"?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

RCKSTR

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 16, 2012, 11:58:24 AM
Quote from: RCKSTR on December 16, 2012, 11:08:26 AM
Everyone here knows the positives of a 69 charger. And when haggling, you don't point out its positives.

Wel then, tell us what all the positives are that are going to outweigh the laundry list of negatives. ::)

It is a complete, running car. It is a driving project essentially that can be put back to a proper car while enjoying it.Plus its within 500 miles of me, there aren't too many drivers for sale in canada. For me, that's the biggest positive

RCKSTR

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 16, 2012, 09:50:32 PM
Based on only those picks and when i look at pics Im so very gracious...i say 16k, but as forum members have said (they always bring me down to earth) its more a 12k to 14k car due to the members mentioned.

Im gonna be an 'ass' to say this, but im gonna say this is your car and you plan to sell it and you just getting some opinions on price.  Alot of the forum members do this and you seemed lik you got a little personal when someone mentioned a pretty low price in the postings.

Its not my car, in the first post I mentioned I'm interested in buying it. I want honest opinions so I don't overpay for it.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 16, 2012, 11:08:17 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 16, 2012, 09:50:32 PM

Its not my car, in the first post I mentioned I'm interested in buying it. I want honest opinions so I don't overpay for it.

seems seller is 'NUTS' already...then again your talking canadian dollars and I dont know its value well.

I say m ove on man...if he wont budge at all and let it sit there and 6 months later the guy probably email you back with his tail betwen his legs....they usually do.

skip68

better have a look at the quarter panels and under the car first.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

I was going to ask if its in Canada, you're in Alberta, right?

RCKSTR

I'm in BC but the car is only 6 hours away. He's had it all summer and couldn't sell it. I'd be a serious buyer at 15K but convincing the salesman is the hard part

Ghoste

Yeah, its been on Kijiji for a long time.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 16, 2012, 11:51:11 PM
I'm in BC but the car is only 6 hours away. He's had it all summer and couldn't sell it. I'd be a serious buyer at 15K but convincing the salesman is the hard part

as all members have told me 'SHOW HIM CASH IN A PICTURE' then see what he saids.

Cooter

Funny, when I had mine up for sale, I got the same "your crazy" sh*t too...Yet, It's been pulled down for almost 3 months i guess now, and I'm STILL getting phone calls asking is it for sale....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

There is more than one 69 Charger for sale, scout around unless you just want this one.  But, the seller is crazy, but how crazy are you? ;)

Ghoste

Quote from: Cooter on December 17, 2012, 12:12:39 AM
Funny, when I had mine up for sale, I got the same "your crazy" sh*t too...Yet, It's been pulled down for almost 3 months i guess now, and I'm STILL getting phone calls asking is it for sale....

Still getting calls, and yet, still unsold.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on December 17, 2012, 06:30:12 AM

Its equivalent to ebay where the final bid is the winning bid, but you then soon realize the winner does not pay.  Yet then we quote those prices to try sell our own cars......then it gets put back up 1 month later to some new folks searching.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 17, 2012, 06:30:12 AM

By MY Choice though..Huge difference.

Ghoste

There are certainly a few ways of looking at it.  We can price an item for sale and if no one is willing to pay that we can assume they are all stupid buyers, or if it sells quickly we might assume it was priced too low making us a stupid seller.  As buyers we can also color an items price however we want.  At the end of the day, whatever an item sells for is what it was worth at that moment in that situation and not a cent more.  If its unsold, then it wasn't worth that price to that group of potential buyers.  Its an old addage but its still true.

Cooter

Actually, I got tired of the "The economy means you need to sell me your ride cheap because that'show it is right now", People. Nothing wrong with MY economy, so therefore, I'll hold onto it until we recover and sell it for three times what people seem to "Think" it's worth right now. I remember watching the first musclecar rise, I'll watch it agian. I was Mopar BEFORE it was "Cool".

Ghoste

Provided your potential buyers agree with your fair market assessment of course.  ;)

Mytur Binsdirti

He's had it all summer and couldn't sell it.

That tells you something right there.

I'd be a serious buyer at 15K but convincing the salesman is the hard part

Even worse; it's at a used car lot. I'd walk and continue your search elsewhere. I understand that there's not too many left in your neck of the Arctic Circle, but a good car is worth travelling for.

Ghoste

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 17, 2012, 07:58:45 AMa good car is worth travelling for.

That is some fantastic advice right there!

charger_fan_4ever

Get one from down south.

There is noway i'd pay $20k for that car. After you pay $20k for it and it requires all the same work as a project in a box you will have a torn apart $20k project XP car.

RCKSTR

Thanks guys! Love this forum! I'm walking away at $15k. You're right, there are a lot of cars in the south, I don't mind a nice weeks vacation going to get the right car,or if the car is solid I'd fly in and drive home.

six-tee-nine

Go over there with 15K in your pocket and tell him it's your final offer. Show him the cash and tell him if he says no you'll walk away.
If he WANTS to sell it he'll think twice before answering. If he does say no be hard on yourself and actually walk away. (You still have a chance that he changes his mind before you reach your carif he sees you mean it).

If a seller knows you instanly fell in love with what he has for sale he'll never drop his price because he knows you'll pay in the end.
If your attitude says "actually i dont care but if the price is right i might just buy you junk" your chances improve in most cases
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...