News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help me value this car please

Started by RCKSTR, December 15, 2012, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCKSTR

Hey Guys

Im looking at buying this car. Id like to get honest "what you would pay for it" prices. I think its priced a little high. Opinons please!

Heres what I know about it.

Its not a real R/T, its an XP29 car. It was born a 383 2bbl 727 car. It still has original engine but 4bbl on it now. The 727 was replaced with an A-833. The steering wheel, pedals, shifter, and mirrors are not second gen charger. The seat and seat belts are not B body. The paint job sucks. Its peeling in the jambs, and the underhood/engine compartment werent painted. The rear valance has had the seams filled in. Both door panles need to be replaced. The grille trim is mangled. Drivers door looks like its sagging. Im sure there is a lot more so feel free to add to the list.

Thanks guys!

Ghoste

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

NHCharger

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 15, 2012, 11:42:29 PM

Asking price is more than double...
:lol: :lol:
Up here you could probably get 14-15. 25k?? he has to stop watching the BJ auctions.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

kikgas01

Quote from: NHCharger on December 15, 2012, 11:51:50 PM

:lol: :lol:
Up here you could probably get 14-15. 25k?? he has to stop watching the BJ auctions.
You said BJ!

greenpigs

Some of the panels fitment leave something to be desired.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

skip68

My honest opinion is the $16-18K range.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Quote from: moparstuart on December 15, 2012, 10:46:35 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 15, 2012, 10:31:11 PM
10k? :shruggy:
10 to 12 k   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Its a 383 two barrel car thats been well boogered up and has a bunch of problems that can be be seen in the photos.  I hate to imagine what lurks under the skin.

RCKSTR

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 16, 2012, 06:10:38 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on December 15, 2012, 10:46:35 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 15, 2012, 10:31:11 PM
10k? :shruggy:
10 to 12 k   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

You listed a bunch of negatives, but no positives. Save yourself the hassles & get one of these instead.....  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Challenger-2dr-Cpe-R-T-Gift-all-ages-16-/190769048572?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c6ab8abfc

If I was looking to buy a new challenger, I would be on a forum for new challengers wouldn't I? Not a very helpful reply.
Everyone here knows the positives of a 69 charger.

Ghoste

Have you been able to look at the car in person?

skip68

I'm changing my original quote to $14k +-
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 16, 2012, 11:08:26 AM
Everyone here knows the positives of a 69 charger. And when haggling, you don't point out its positives.

Wel then, tell us what all the positives are that are going to outweigh the laundry list of negatives. ::)

JB400

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 16, 2012, 11:58:24 AM
Quote from: RCKSTR on December 16, 2012, 11:08:26 AM
Everyone here knows the positives of a 69 charger. And when haggling, you don't point out its positives.

Wel then, tell us what all the positives are that are going to outweigh the laundry list of negatives. ::)
How about that it's a fairly complete 69 Charger in running condition.  Everything wrong with it is just cosmetic but will still let him enjoy the car until he gets the funds and parts together to get it the way he likes it.

69rtse4spd

If he can get it for the right price, enjoy it as you fix it. How many of us have started with worst.

Ram07

I gotta tell ya, from a guy looking to buy....this is where is site is really handy....no matter what you are looking for! Be it a daily driver, or show....the guys on here really know their stuff....always willing to share the info so someone like me will not get screwed over.

Me....I looked at the pics...noticed the steering wheel was wrong...thats about it...did a post about a white one not long ago....was told what to watch out for from the egal eyed friends....not much to report on that one...just told to stay away!

A big thank you for that!

kikgas01

Mine is kind of a heap, but will drive it anyway any chance I get...

Ram07

the powers that be told me about a shoddy looking frame rail patch...little peice of metal welded here...undercoating under the trunk but not the floor boards...looked fishy...so...stayed away!

69charger2002

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 15, 2012, 10:26:43 PM
Hey Guys

Im looking at buying this car. Id like to get honest "what you would pay for it" prices. I think its priced a little high. Opinons please!

Heres what I know about it.

Its not a real R/T, its an XP29 car. It was born a 383 2bbl 727 car. It still has original engine but 4bbl on it now. The 727 was replaced with an A-833. The steering wheel, pedals, shifter, and mirrors are not second gen charger. The seat and seat belts are not B body. The paint job sucks. Its peeling in the jambs, and the underhood/engine compartment werent painted. The rear valance has had the seams filled in. Both door panles need to be replaced. The grille trim is mangled. Drivers door looks like its sagging. Im sure there is a lot more so feel free to add to the list.

Thanks guys!

So you think it's priced high. what is he asking for the car?
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

tan top

like the other guys say , lots wrong  ,  no where enough pictures that show what the car is like ,   :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

tippytoe

QuoteHow about that it's a fairly complete 69 Charger in running condition.  Everything wrong with it is just cosmetic but will still let him enjoy the car until he gets the funds and parts together to get it the way he likes it.

This is why I would put a value of 14-15k (as long as the car is solid & not rotten underneath).  You would definately want to see it in person first.

BTW: If it was mine, the bench seat would have to go. Never cared for them in a second gen Charger.

F8-4life

@ Over 15k your a smuck, under 12k your a winner... anything inbetween and your in reasonable market value imo.