News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help picking out an Aluminum Radiator, what have you guys used or recommend

Started by 70yell500, December 22, 2012, 05:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70yell500

Hello all,
:cheers:

Looking for advice from those out there that have gone with aluminum radiators for their Chargers.  What have you guys used and would you recommend?  With so many choices, I just can't make up my mind and just wanted to see what others have tried.  I was thinking of a Be Cool set up with electric fans but at this point I'm open for suggestions.  I'll be trying to keep a 528 Hemi cool, like to get some crossflow unit as I've been told they the best for ensuring great cooling for this 700HP motor of mine.   :drool5:
Let me know what you guys have used and if you recommend them for my set up. 
:2thumbs:
Thanks in advance,
Eddie
1970 Charger Resto-Mod
1970 Charger Black Beauty 440
1968 Charger 318 (soon to have 383-4speed)

70yell500

A383wing,

Which model exactly are you using and in what car, I only ask because I know you have different car models  :drool5:

thanks again in advance,
Eddie
1970 Charger Resto-Mod

A383Wing

I use the same 2 row radiator in all 3 Chargers...the pair of 66's and the Daytona

Bryan

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: A383Wing on December 22, 2012, 06:04:29 PM
I use the same 2 row radiator in all 3 Chargers...the pair of 66's and the Daytona

Bryan

Whats your opinion on electric fans as compared to a clutch fan ??

Al
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Chargen69

70yell500

I pulled the trigger on a Griffin "Exact Fit" that should be a direct bolt in.  bill440rt recommended them to me and that is what I ended up going with, decided to get their complete package with dual electric fans and all the wiring.  Can't wait to see and mount this on the car.  Don't want to face any overheating when I finally get this car of mine on the road.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Eddie
1970 Charger Resto-Mod

70yell500

You got it... should be here mid-Jan.  I just couldn't justify the BeCool Brand Radiators that would have been alot more... Like the idea of having the stock look instead.
I'll post pictures when it arrives.

-Eddie
1970 Charger Resto-Mod

Captain D

I went with the "Champion Cooling" aluminum radiator. So far so good and at a reasonable price too. I'm afraid that I don't have their contact info anymore, but I'm sure if you googled it they will come up. The owner, Sid Martin, is a great guy to deal with...

Hope it helps,
Aaron

lasvegas69charg

I purchased a wizard cooling radiator. Great fit and finish. I got the rad and shroud for $700 shipped.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Brightyellow69rtse

i cant remember the name of the place on ebay i got it from off the top of my head. i know its a 2 row fully tig welded aluminum radiator. the rows are 1" each. the radiator was maybe 230ish shipped. i am extremly happy with it. it really is a nice piece.

pandamarie

I went with a 4 core aluminum radiator from Champion, moparstuart sells them, dropped right in my 69 charger, only mods were to open up the mounting holes.  I am making a Daytona clone so wanted as much as I could get in there with dual electric fans should have no problem keeping it cool in traffic. The price was cheap for the quality you get.

Cooter

I got one off Epay and love it. Two row, aluminum. Good quality for around $250.00...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

werner

Champion rad for 3 years now . 4 core 26 " under $300 off Ebay. Cools Hemi with mechanical fan , no shroud. 150-18 d all day long on hwy. Stop and go traffic 80 degress f gets up to 205. Im sure if I put a shroud would knock this right down
1969 dodeg charger, 528 hemi ,Tko 5spd.