News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTF !!!!Words can't describe,school shooting in Ct

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, December 14, 2012, 01:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck1

Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 17, 2012, 01:10:43 PM
Quote from: Cooter on December 17, 2012, 12:40:37 PM
Assault weapons are banned right?

But, I can go on the internet and buy every piece I need to build one at home if I wanted to.

Ahhhh. . . .no.  That would be called a felony.

People lump all kinds of guns under the term "Assault Weapon".  There is a ban on automatic weapons after 1986.  A private citizen can not buy/own a automatic weapon made after 1986.  You can still buy/own a automatic weapon made before 1986, but you have to pay the tax, federal background check and have a interview with your local police chief or sheriff and have them sign off.  Plus, the prices are so high, not many can afford one.

there are people who lump automatic weapons with fully automatic weapons "machine guns" that every auto is a machine gun and that's not true............my prayers and thoughts are with the family's and people who were effected by this tragedy
CJK

skip68

The comment I just read is true..   Criminals don't obey the same laws as we do.   Lots/most of anti gun people have never been in a bad situation where they needed a gun.   My friends wife was anti-gun for years.  They would never be in her home ever.  Then something bad happened close to home and she realized that the police can't always be right there.  She new she would have no chance protecting herself or child when a bad man comes in.   They now have a gun and she thinks target shooting is fun.  It really is.      I could not live with myself if I got rid of our guns and somebody came in and killed my wife or kids and I could do nothing to protect them.   :rotz:    
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Tilar

Personally I think they should "allow" any teacher, principle, custodian or anyone else that works in the school system and wants to do it, be allowed to go through an advanced weapon course and be allowed to carry concealed on them and out of sight. That doesn't mean a female teacher can carry one in her purse that is sitting under her desk... I guess in todays day and time, that also means no male teacher can have one in his purse under the desk.  :lol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

stripedelete

Quote from: Tilar on December 17, 2012, 03:31:17 PM
Personally I think they should "allow" any teacher, principle, custodian or anyone else that works in the school system and wants to do it, be allowed to go through an advanced weapon course and be allowed to carry concealed on them and out of sight. That doesn't mean a female teacher can carry one in her purse that is sitting under her desk... I guess in todays day and time, that also means no male teacher can have one in his purse under the desk.  :lol:

The key to that is,  if there is one, there has to be five.  This will prevent both a crazy teacher from shooting up a school and a gunman singling out his first target.

skip68

One thing I heard was this ass had body armor.....   :shruggy:   That should be a sign right there.  Why the hell does anybody need body armor?  He had to of got it some place and somebody had to of known....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

lisiecki1

Quote from: skip68 on December 17, 2012, 03:49:56 PM
One thing I heard was this ass had body armor.....   :shruggy:   That should be a sign right there.  Why the hell does anybody need body armor?  He had to of got it some place and somebody had to of known....

Where did you hear that?  This is new to me.

But hell, when it was first reported it was two handguns and two shooters, with one in custody wearing bracelets.  I woke up this morning and now there's an AR15 and 2 pistols and a single shooter....wtf.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

chargerboy69

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 17, 2012, 01:39:13 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 17, 2012, 10:53:38 AM
Where I disagree you is you believe I should not have a AR15. I promise, anyone wanting to take away one of my AR's will not do so easily. He had two hand guns and a AR.  He could have easily done this with two extra magazines for the hand guns and no AR.  So if we ban AR's, and this happens again are you going to want to take away my handguns too?  Where are you going to stop?

AR-15 rifles are being used more often by hunters. I go out with my two brother-in-laws, both in law enforcement.  We all take our AR's. These rifles are lighter, weather resistant, waterproof, easier to clean, better for customization, replacement parts are cheaper, and serve more than one purpose. Hunting, target shooting, competition, home defense, zombies, and homeland security. It's a multi-purpose, all weather, all terrain, firearm. Hey, and they come in many calibers. You can switch the upper for a lighter caliber like for varmint, or switch it to a higher one for deer season. It's more affordable in the long run.

Once again, it is not the gun, it is the person holding the gun. Just because you take the gun away, does not mean they will not find another way.

We should ban murder why we are at it.  :rotz:

This is where we, as a country and culture need a paradigm shift. Give up the convenience of a lighter hunting rifle so that one more child, or person for that matter, can live.... Take the guns out of the equation (notice I didn't say ALL guns- only weapons of mass assault)........... Period... Let's try that for a while....... What we have been doing is,, well,,,ah guess what, isn't working.  Hunters wanting cheaper and cheaper, lighter and lighter weapons....... I'm sorry, I don't see that bigger picture.. All I see is self-indulgence... It's all about me, me, me, not us, us, us as a culture... Don't want to create a rift, but, I'll do what I need to do to get these dangs things out of here so that,,, in the future, if some mentally disturbed individual wants one, it'll be harder and harder to carry out such acts. Why do we lock car doors when we go to the mall or most public establishments, to deter those will bad intentions....

When I read this line of yours I thought of this quote:

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."  Ben Franklin

Say you your are president, and sign into executive order a ban on all AR-15's and AKs. Then the next event happens, but this time the shooter uses just handguns.  You then have people yelling and screaming, President Troy, we need to ban all hand guns. Are you going to ban those too?  When does the banning of our 2nd amendment stop?  Knifes, baseball bats, a lead pipe, when does it stop?  You say you do not want to ban all guns, but a massacre like this can easily happen without a AR.  Two Glocks and a few extra magazines and you will get the same results.

I do not tell this story often, and not online as I do not like a like of my life out there.  A few years back I lost my four sisters in a car accident.  The guy was drunk and was drag racing another car.  My sisters were from ages 12 to 9 days old.  My sisters were killed along with the drunks passenger.  I do not fault Chevrolet for making the Corvette, I do not fault Budweiser for making beer, I do not blame the state of Indiana for giving him a license to drive.  I blame the un-sypithetic douche-bag who was driving and killed them.

Nearly a year before that, I lost my older brother in another accident.  A semi driver ran a stoplight and my brother drove his 67 Jag right under the trailer.  Do I blame Kenworth? Nope.  How about Jag for not make a safer car?  I blame the POS driver who was not paying attention and killed my brother.

Same with these shootings, it is not the guns, it is the POS behind the gun.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 17, 2012, 04:18:47 PM
But hell, when it was first reported it was two handguns and two shooters, with one in custody wearing bracelets.  I woke up this morning and now there's an AR15 and 2 pistols and a single shooter....wtf.

Welcome to the modern media world, be first with the news even if it's wrong.

One could easily blame the media for the whole thing. Copycat losers like this want to be remembered because they won't be remembered otherwise and the media is happy to indulge them.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

skip68

bull

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 17, 2012, 04:35:34 PM

Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 17, 2012, 04:18:47 PM

Welcome to the modern media world, be first with the news even if it's wrong.

One could easily blame the media for the whole thing. Copycat losers like this want to be remembered because they won't be remembered otherwise and the media is happy to indulge them.

:iagree:

The talking heads talk and talk and talk and speculate with hearsay, tossing around misinformation and buzzwords until eventually, maybe, some facts come out. In-between the speculative reporting they put the victims on display, conduct pop-psychology analysis on the murderer and start talking about taking more rights away from all the people who didn't do anything wrong.

We can do "The Innuendo"
We can dance and sing
When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing
We all know that Crap is King
Give us dirty laundry!

hemi68charger

Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 17, 2012, 04:22:21 PM

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."  Ben Franklin

I have never, in any reply, stated that we should give up all guns........ So, I won't be misquoted or misconstrued.. I too agree with Mr. Franklin. Have I asked anyone to give up our freedom? Nope...... I off all people know and understand the price of freedom and I have worked my arse off for nearly half my life to protect and earn the freedom I so enjoy... I won't ask anyone to do anything I wouldn't do.... Back to the legal question... Does that mean we should legalize every screwed up drug or dope just because someone wants to have a high or a kick ( same adrenaline rush from shooting a gun at target practice I'm sure ). There are certain vises people have that most all communities classify as illegal. My point of view has never been one to give up a weapon to protect one's family. I'm all for that..... I wouldn't want to be placed in a situation either that required me to use deadly force against someone and/or not have the means to protect my family. More often than not, most people,,, and I would go out on a limb and say a majority, who own these high-power assault weapons own them as a novelty. Novelties aren't worth people's lives. Now, if someone wants to make an argument saying my car collection is a novelty and hence, I should give it up, are barking up the wrong tree and refusing the deal with the situation with a reality check.

We can go down the road of splitting hairs and say, "If it starts here, it'll finish there"....... Come on people, this is a Land of Representation and it works... ( Slavery, women's rights, prohibition, etc)...... So, I'm not all too concerned about our country turning into some North American version of Syria or Egypt. Our culture is one that is strong in most situations..... I just believe whole heartily that we need to take one step at a time to solve this. If the pro-gun rights don't want to even think about it, then it's a mute point in their camp. Society will come to a balance. One way or another, this will be addressed. I hope it is at the expense of rapid-fire guns and not a plethora of dead bodies laying around in their own blood.....  Give up a little to save a lot.... Come on...... Yeah yeah yeah.. I as well understand there's the screwed-up human factor, but there's other variables in the equation....

I'm as conservative as most..... or even more so.......... But, this is one topic I feel strongly about.. That's the beauty of the freedom ya'll enjoy, we can voice our opinions... I've done my part in contacting my Senators and Congressman...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Indygenerallee

Rapidfire AR-15! lol. It's a friggin semi-auto rifle just as deadly as any other semi-auto rifle. I own a AR-15 and use it to shoot coyotes, if they pass a AWB it won't change a thing. M-4 Fully auto, AR-15 Semi-auto. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

chargerboy69

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 17, 2012, 09:17:09 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 17, 2012, 04:22:21 PM

I have never, in any reply, stated that we should give up all guns........ So, I won't be misquoted or misconstrued.. I too agree with Mr. Franklin. Have I asked anyone to give up our freedom? Nope......

But you are asking some people to give up their freedom if you want to take away their AR15s and AKs.  It is my right to own such a weapon and you do not want me to have it. You can spin it any way you like, that is taking away my freedom.

I also know you never said you want to ban all guns, we can all see that, you are missing my point.  My point is first you ban ARs then what is next?   Like I said a couple post up what happens when the next massacre is done with hand guns only?  When does the the erosion of our second amendment end?
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

sunfire69

Speaking of talking heads.....remember the media only tells us what they want us to hear....I just don't trust them at all...here are two links...the first from the Oregon mall shooting seems there was some one else with a gun....he didn't fire but his presents was enought to stop the carnage..... anybody hear any of this..????...I doubt it.......another thing I learned last night was the CO. theather shooter ordered 6000 rounds on line prior to the shooting.....kind of a red flag to me....but hey

http://nation.foxnews.com/mall-shooter-oregon/2012/12/16/report-armed-man-helps-stop-oregon-mall-shooting

And Pearl Mississippi school shooting...a princpal and his .45 stopped a killer

http://rightinaleftworld.blogspot.com/2006/10/school-shooting-they-never-mention.html

Cooter

But, I can go on the internet and buy every piece I need to build one at home if I wanted to.
Ahhhh. . . .no.  That would be called a felony.
Ahhhh. . . . Ok,  So what makes you think the Criminal gives a rats ass about your felony, when he's about the commit Murder?? THAT's who we have to worry about buying pieces to contruct an automatic weapon off the internet....Begin down the gun banning road and it WILL end up as bad as the Enviromentalist Nazi's of the EPA and their power trippin' asses  are today.. Give them a little power and in 5 years, you have a VERY influential group who will try anything. Remember, the Devil only need be invited in to cause mayhem.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TheGhost

http://www.examiner.com/article/connecticut-school-shooting-westboro-baptist-church-planning-to-picket

There is no justice in this world.  Why couldn't someone have shot up these assholes, instead of a bunch of little kids?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

lisiecki1

Quote from: Cooter on December 18, 2012, 07:08:10 AM

Ahhhh. . . .no.  That would be called a felony.
Ahhhh. . . . Ok,  So what makes you think the Criminal gives a rats ass about your felony, when he's about the commit Murder?? THAT's who we have to worry about buying pieces to contruct an automatic weapon off the internet....Begin down the gun banning road and it WILL end up as bad as the Enviromentalist Nazi's of the EPA and their power trippin' asses  are today.. Give them a little power and in 5 years, you have a VERY influential group who will try anything. Remember, the Devil only need be invited in to cause mayhem.

You can not buy the parts to build an automatic weapon on the internet without a class 3 federal firearms license.  Which also comes with a lengthy federal verification process.

sunfire69

Don't worry Ghost..the hackers "anonymous" hacked their site and posted all of their names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers...so everybody can now contact them directely...no more hiding behind the internet

Dino

Quote from: sunfire69 on December 18, 2012, 09:36:48 AM
Don't worry Ghost..the hackers "anonymous" hacked their site and posted all of their names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers...so everybody can now contact them directely...no more hiding behind the internet

I would never condone any action that would jeapordize the lives of another human being.  That said, these are not what I would call human beings.  These 'beings' make my blood boil.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

skip68

:o OMG!  Those WBC people are frickin nut jobs....   These religious fanatics (cults) are the very ones that kill in the name of God.   I hope to God that the authorities are watching these nuts.   They said Carrie Underwood has the blood on her hands and is responsible for the death of all these children because she is in favor of gay marriage.    :rofl: :slap: :o   These people are CRAZY!  

mrsskip68

So these fruitcakes believe the terrorist's that murdered all those innocent people on 911 was god's plan? Really? Last i knew it was extreme psychotic terrorists that hate America. If they support those brutal murders and the slaughter of babies, I say ship their crazy asses over to Iraq, Afganistan, even better Guantamo. They do NOT have the right to be called Americans, and enjoy our freedoms!  :Twocents:

sunfire69

here is the full story from the mall shooting.....bottom line is.....a responsible gun owners actoins stop the rampage....but main stream media chose to ignore it..

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/robert-farago/clackamas-concealed-carry-showdown-the-full-story/

lisiecki1