News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTF !!!!Words can't describe,school shooting in Ct

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, December 14, 2012, 01:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

"I'm just sick to my stomach right now, I can't wrap my head around this."

You and me both Dino. You can't get your head around something irrational.

Every time the media plasters one of these horrors to our faces for days on end, there will be some monster who will copycat it. 
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

JB400

Bad thing is it'll be years before the persons will be convicted for it.

chargerboy69

So he killed his mom at her house, stole her car and her guns. Why go to the school and murder her entire class? What a coward.

"The vehicle the suspect drove to the school was registered to his mother. Sources told Fox News the guns used in the shooting were owned by and legally registered to Nancy Lanza."

Read more: Gunman kills 20 children, 6 adults at Connecticut elementary school | Fox News
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

dads_69

I will say, it brought tears to my eye's, aside from being a parent myself, just can't imagine how those people feel, what they are going through there, the terror that kids must have heard/seen, the trauma, just beyond words of sadness.  :angel:
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Fred

Just shocking. And all this at a time where good will to man should be at the top of everybody's list.
It's a sad, sad world we live in.  Mankind is running amok!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

jaak

When I heard the news, my heart just sank. It is bad enough for anyone to lose a child to cancer, car accident or any other tragedy. But to lose them to a such a needless reason baffles me. It is also awful to lose a child anytime for any reason...but I'm also saddened that it happened this close to Christmas, which is a special, Happy Holiday for children.

My thought and prayers go out to all victims involved.

Jason

Patronus

Horrible. Children. In school..  :-\
For what? Another coward gone.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bill440rt

So sickening, just the thought, don't even know how to type this in words, cannot even describe. Sheer nausea.
Such a tragedy. I really had to hold back when my kids came home this afternoon. I was listening to it all afternoon in the car.
Innocent lives, sweet innocent children.  :angel:  :'(   I am reeling for those parents. What a horrifying crime.  :'(
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mike DC

Too bad.  

This kind of thing sucks, but it happens a little too often for me to be very shocked by it.

69rtse4spd

TheGhost

Quote from: Tilar on December 14, 2012, 05:59:52 PM
It all comes down to taking God and discipline out of everything from the schools to the homes to the court room.

Yes, because nobody ever killed anyone because of God ever.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

resq302

Total disbelief about this.   :o :brickwall:  Since I am on night shift tonight at my police job, I pretty much came into the story late and found out a lot of the details when I got into work. I wish I would have been able to give my kids a bigger hug before my wife brought them to my oldest daughters gymnastics class today.  Its just sickening what this son of a bitch did to these innocent people and kids.  My oldest is in Kindergarden and all I can think of is how would she and other kids her age react?  Would they know to run or hide?

I also dread coming into work every day taking a call like this.  I honestly don't know how the 911 operator / dispatch would be able to cope with something like this.  I know I would probably have to quit my job as I would never recover from this kind of traumatic event.  Knowing the sense of helplessness I have on medical calls when someone is dying there and all I can do is tell people what to do over the phone and radio.  Imagine how it would be hearing gun shots in the background of the phone call, telling the caller that they will be ok not knowing the outcome.  It certainly isn't the high point of my job and I know not many could do it, however, if I ever ended up taking a call like that.... I dunno..... I just don't know if I would ever be able to fully recover from something like that.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Cooter

Sad.

Sad to even say, but I called this about 20 years ago. As one who had his share of being f*cked with relentlessly throughout School (Being the biggest kid in your classes is not what you would think it is, as you are the test bed for all the smaller kids), I remember thinking I could kill a few of the little bastids. I just never even thought of actually carrying out those thoughts though.
Kids can be cruel today. All it takes is a click of a cell phone, or a quick FB post to vertually ruin anothers life. IMO, the real question is why. Maybe the kid was just "Crazy", but I don't think so. Years ago, "Bullying" wasn't heard of. If you complained to the teacher/principal/etc. you got it even worse when you left the school. Of course, it was get tough or die time for many back then. This kid took the "I'll be remembered forever" route thinking and did this horrible crime.
What I can't figure out is what those innocent, small kids did to this kid. The anger he has/had toward anyone shouldn't have come to this.

This is a quote from another board: "I heard one of the Talking Heads say that if a person wants to hurt society, children are our society's most tender spot." Truer words have never been spoken.

Doesn't make it right, and I condone nothing..All I wanna know is why so this hopefully will STOP happening. Sayin' one for all the families that lost their children.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

I know there will probably be some that disagree, but they should quit publicizing it so much.  All this publicity is giving these scumbags thier 15 minutes of fame and convincing more idiots to do it.  It is so easy for a bully victim or whoever, to see these stupid acts of vengence, and go out and show up pulling stupid stuff like this.  If they want to publicize something, show their execution.

I'd rather see them build a GL than do this crap if they want attention.

Cooter

Well, we all know how the news operates. Never anything uplifting and positive...Positive doesn't sell.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Tilar

Quote from: TheGhost on December 14, 2012, 11:47:15 PM
It all comes down to taking God and discipline out of everything from the schools to the homes to the court room.

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

stripedelete

Spot on.

J.Bond

This is two for two this week. Up here in Canada the courts have decided to release another scum bag. A doctor that stabbed to death, I believe his two year old and his four year old. Stabbed one child repeatedly 37 times. Claimed insanity and they have released him after serving only 4 years. I don't get it!!!!!

Zero tolerance for anyone harming children!!!!!!Maybe we should reintoduce the death penalty

Thoughts and prayers.

GULFGLENY

Very sad, cowardly act for sure. I just do not get it, but I probably never will. Why  is a question that will never be answered! Prayers go out to those involved.

1970Moparmann

Like everyone else, this made me sick yesterday.  Being a father of 3 young boys.  I found out right before I went to the bus stop to get them, and I thought I was going to puke when I saw the bus loaded.

Our school sent us an email last night stating the following.  Think what you want, do what you want.  I agree to most of it, but you make the call with your children.  Saying anything is better than nothing.  In my area, I am absolutely shocked how some parents are virtually not involved with their kids lives and probably won't say a damn thing about this. This leads to doubt and uncertainty.

Here is what the school sent us-

High profile acts of violence, particularly in schools, can confuse and frighten children who may feel in danger or worry that their friends or loved-ones are at risk. They will look to adults for information and guidance on how to react. Parents and school personnel can help children feel safe by establishing a sense of normalcy and security and talking with them about their fears.
1. Reassure children that they are safe. Emphasize that schools are very safe. Validate their feelings. Explain that all feelings are okay when a tragedy occurs. Let children talk about their feelings, help put them into perspective, and assist them in expressing these feelings appropriately.
2. Make time to talk. Let their questions be your guide as to how much information to provide. Be patient. Children and youth do not always talk about their feelings readily. Watch for clues that they may want to talk, such as hovering around while you do the dishes or yard work. Some children prefer writing, playing music, or doing an art project as an outlet. Young children may need concrete activities (such as drawing, looking at picture books, or imaginative play) to help them identify and express their feelings.
3. Keep your explanations developmentally appropriate.
• Early elementary school children need brief, simple information that should be balanced with reassurances that their school and homes are safe and that adults are there to protect them. Give simple examples of school safety like reminding children about exterior doors being locked, child monitoring efforts on the playground, and emergency drills practiced during the school day.
• Upper elementary and early middle school children will be more vocal in asking questions about whether they truly are safe and what is being done at their school. They may need assistance separating reality from fantasy. Discuss efforts of school and community leaders to provide safe schools.
• Upper middle school and high school students will have strong and varying opinions about the causes of violence in schools and society. They will share concrete suggestions about how to make school safer and how to prevent tragedies in society. Emphasize the role that students have in maintaining safe schools by following school safety guidelines (e.g. not providing building access to strangers, reporting strangers on campus, reporting threats to the school safety made by students or community members, etc.), communicating any personal safety concerns to school administrators, and accessing support for emotional needs.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Danny Gutierrez

Quote from: Tilar on December 15, 2012, 07:12:02 AM
Quote from: TheGhost on December 14, 2012, 11:47:15 PM

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see.

Whatever man. This isn't about an invisible guy in the sky. This is about a POS who decided it would be coool to take out a bunch of little kids. Then he took his own life. Yes I am outraged. Yes I am pissed. I wish there was a such thing as hell. Then he would burn like the little bitch he is.
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 14, 2012, 05:03:57 PM
Hug your kids a little tighter tonight....I know I did.

Thoughts & prayers to all the innocent victims & their families

This world is unbelievable... Gun Control is a double-edge sword......... Kindergarten kids !!!! Pure evil..... This world is going to Hell. I'm sorry, but this country is going down a road of paganism that doesn't teach and foster the value of life, respect of justice, mercy and humility. This generation doesn't have any understanding of consequences; "you can't hurt me, I'll call CPS", "you can't tell me what to do Mom and Dad", "Spanking is bad", 'blah blah blah'........  This young man apparently didn't have instilled in him values of human life and respect. I don't blame is parents, I blame our society.......

Last night, I brought my 6 year old daughter Julie into bed with Kim and I. All three of us were going to be with each other as one...

God bless those poor little ones and may the Hand of God comfort them and their families. Satan, just like the Taliban and Al-Qaeda, have shown their evil ways, a part of our world and we must fight against them...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ram07

One of the Heros of that day...what a f..ked up world!...Very sad!

NHCharger

Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 14, 2012, 06:52:14 PM
So he killed his mom at her house, stole her car and her guns. Why go to the school and murder her entire class? What a coward.

My wife is a preschool teacher so this hit her pretty hard. I asked her why would he kill all these kids after he killed his Mom. According to reports his Mom was very hard on him and very rigid. My wife thinks he killed these kids because he felt that she loved these children more than she loved him and this was his way of getting even or getting his revenge. I can't even imagine a thought process like that.
I can't even watch TV or listen to the radio right now. The continuing coverage makes me sick to my stomach
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Ram07 on December 15, 2012, 10:19:34 AM
One of the Heros of that day...what a f..ked up world!...Very sad!

WHAT A HERO!

This put shivers down my spine.

Had the talk with the boy's this morning about this. 

Coming from a family that a member has mental illness, you will here "this was a surprise / this kid is a good kid, I can't believe that he did this."  I'm sorry, but this is BS.   There are signs.  Parents, friends, family need to address issues when there is a hint of any potential ill will with people like this.  We live in such a society that doesn't give a crap, it makes me ill.  I see less people lifting a finger for someone that needs help.  Open your eyes, listen, talk, and get help when help is needed.

Being a coach to my sons sports teams I see parents that don't give a crap of their kid / no structure / no rules / no limits to what kids do.   We live in a society that what made families close years ago, are going away.   

The #1 thing a parent can do to with there kids is hug them and tell them they love them.   The human touch is the most powerful mental connection to other people. 

I'm sorry I'm on my soap box, but I've been seeing all the BS already starting when there is a tragedy like this.  Gun control / metal detectors / more arm guards.    Parents need to be parents for the right reason. 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!