News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

door information ?

Started by brigond, December 26, 2012, 04:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brigond

I've been in the market to buy a charger. I checked a 71 out on Christmas eve and I'm gonna take a look at a 72 on Sunday. Ive noticed  a couple of different door styles on the many  charger listings I've seen. One was a shark gil type design with vertical indentation and the other was a few separate indentations. I really like the look of the shark fin style doors. Were  these doors only used on rallys and Rt's . Either way , I like the look and will probably add them to the next 71, or 72 charger I'm gonna purchase.   Any info on these door styles would be appreciated.
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!

brigond

Let me rephrase the question . What year and model chargers  from 1971 and up got the special door design treatment ?  Much like there are 3 different kinds of hood designs from 1971 up other than plain .
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

RTDaddy

The "gill" doors you refer to are exclusive to 71 Charger R/T's.  These are two vertical slits or "gills."  The other style of door with a "treatment" was used on the 72 Charger Rallye, this had 5 rectangular indentations in a vetical row near the leading edge of the door.  All other 71/2 doors were "flat."  Hope this helps.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

brigond

Thank you rtdaddy. Exactly what I was looking for.