News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

edelbrock victor upgrade,flow.

Started by metalstorm440, December 11, 2012, 08:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalstorm440

I finally decided to get some aluminum heads and it looks like ootb I will be getting much better performance this spring, but I have yet to get the bowl and ports cleaned up.The factory iron heads I have been using flow 280 at .600.

metalstorm440

I know it looks funny with the intake raised.

metalstorm440

I figure out the new CR is going to be 9.3/1 and my dynamic cr is 7.7 +/-,I hope to stick with the 110 sunoco fuel.

firefighter3931

Looks great Mike ! That's a nice increase in peak flow and i bet there is a big fat increase in the low to mid lift flow numbers as well  :2thumbs:

Ya, those raised port Victors sit quite a bit higher than even an Indy EZ/SR/440-1  :scope:

I bet you're anxious for spring  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

metalstorm440

Thanks!The low lift needs some help but with bowl work and chamber clean by the valves the low lift will get much better.My other heads flowed 280 at .600.I am excited for spring but I have to make headers yet[2.25x32"x4" through the fender.

metalstorm440

Koffels did some porting but keeping the std port opening and so far I have gained 20 cfm starting at .200 lift Intake side and the exh is not done yet but is within 10cfm of the cnc work.

metalstorm440

I got the heads back and I am mocking,checking valve to piston.The intake valve is .194 in the head and the piston valve relief is .195 and 2.350 wide and the valves are 2.20.

metalstorm440

I am going with HS rockers at .600 offset on the adjuster.

metalstorm440

My KP440 block I have been using.

red69superbee

i bought a set of victors for my 541 im building,Anxious to see how the whole engine works out.Its just gonna be a street deal

metalstorm440

OH no all track realy,I would get in TOO much trouble on the st.

metalstorm440

I got some HS rockers with .650 offset that fir the heads very nice.

red69superbee

thats the rockers im getting too, should be here in a week or so.Running a solid roller cam, .622 lift 258 and 261 duration at .050.Having to put a pretty thick head gasket to get compression down to 10 .0  but thats ok

metalstorm440

I was using a .090 copper gasket but I am sure you will have a MLS.My cam is a .649/260  .631/269 112 LSA
I test fit the rockers and all the clearences look real good.The pushrod with no gasket needs to be 9.600 long+ gasket.I have a lot of pushrod clearence and rocker side gap on the intake rocker and the exhaust has plenty of room with it on center to the valve stem but I will use a lot of thin shims to keep things just right.

red69superbee

ya, im gonna use a cometic that will be maybe .140 thick,, it will look like a sheet of metal under the head.It doesnt sound like too much trouble to use those rockers, which is good too.I think the head raising the intake may limit the intake that i can use underhood, which i have a couple to try

metalstorm440

I don't think you will be using an M-1 intake with a dominator,lolI am trying to get motivated to work on my car but the snow outside is not helping.By the way I misspoke on the pushrod length in my prior post because I am measuring wrong and not using a ball bearing in the cup to help measure the length but I don't think I have to be that exact.

red69superbee

yeah, i bet your right.I have an old tm-7 that i think will work ok, and an offenhouser 360, one of those real low open ones, and actually a dominator that im gonna trty with an adapter, but imagine it wont fit .

metalstorm440

I ordered a 2.250 header kit to start fabbing and take my time to do.

red69superbee

someone makes a header for those heads.....tti, i think does

metalstorm440

Ya but not in a 2.25 ,fender exit,69 B body.I am getting away from crowding the starter,melting the trans blanket and I can move the headers easier to retorque the heads just to name a few.Thank though!My old hooker supercomp 2" actualy still fit but I will be putting out 1100HP+ and need bigger tubes.

red69superbee

yeah, thats right.Im just gonna keep mine under the car.Not gonna have that kinda power anyhow..Looks to be another monthe before my rockers will be here, thats ok,it gives me time to get these heads cleaned up and ready

metalstorm440

I wish you luck on your build.I got my rockers in 2 days from HS.I can't wait to get the under chassis headers out,there will be so much room now.I have been using those headers for 20yrs. :o

red69superbee

thanks, i think ill like it.Is year engine close to being run ready?

metalstorm440

she is not ready to run but when spring gets here it will be done.I can't bolt it together when it is 30*.
but I can make headers from the flanges and tube that will be here next week with it mocked together and make some kind of progress.

red69superbee

thats cool, im going to work on mine tomorrow for a bit.Check the bottom end and get my stud girdle on there, hopefully figure out the the oil pickup can go in the side of the pan