News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971 Super Bee - Back From Paint, New Wheels

Started by Iron Chef, December 10, 2012, 10:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Chef

My '71 Super Bee is out of the shop.  The original intent was to repair some rust and they probably cut out and re-welded 1/3 of the bottom of the car. It started it's life as a Canadian export then went to Michigan, so there was a lot of it.  In the end, I decided on a full re-spray.  The body panels are arrow straight. Stripes and nameplates aren't on yet.

I repainted it the stock color (B7 Blue). The wheels are aluminum 17 X 8 reproductions of the Magnum 500 wheels. Year One just started shipping them a few weeks ago. Tires are new BFG KDW's. What a difference when combined with an overhauled suspension and new Hellwig rear sway bar.  New vinyl top as well.  No wheel center caps yet.

Here are a few shots from Cars and Coffee Fort Worth on Saturday morning.  Enjoy:

Most of your life should be "off the record."

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Ghoste

I like the B7 and it just never seems to get the love it deserves always following in the shadow of B5.  The car looks really nice.

Iron Chef

Quote from: Ghoste on December 10, 2012, 11:22:49 AM
I like the B7 and it just never seems to get the love it deserves always following in the shadow of B5.  The car looks really nice.

:iagree:

Now that all the panels are straight, it looks so good as-is that I'm having a hard time talking myself into putting the stripes back on!

Dino

B7 is beautiful!  Very nice ride you got there.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

ACUDANUT

I thought the Super Bee had a different insert on the hood.  :scratchchin:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

stripe74au

Stunning looking vehicle you have there. Truly a credit to you. I'm not usually a 3rd Gen kinda guy; but I would gladly park that car in my garage any day.
1965 Impala SS convertible
1967 Mustang fastback (work in progress)
1968 Charger R/T - WW1
1969 Roadrunner - R4
1970 Challenger R/T - FC7
1970 AAR 'Cuda - TX9

Iron Chef

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 10, 2012, 03:04:11 PM
I thought the Super Bee had a different insert on the hood.  :scratchchin:

It does.  That's what this car came with.  There are no re-pops of Super Bee inserts and I like the R/T insert better anyway, so I just kept it.  If I had my way, I'd have a power bulge hood with no insert at all.

Quote from: stripe74au on December 10, 2012, 03:35:21 PM
Stunning looking vehicle you have there. Truly a credit to you. I'm not usually a 3rd Gen kinda guy; but I would gladly park that car in my garage any day.

Thanks very much...and to everyone for the nice comments!  Nice to know I'm on the right track here.  :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sweet looking ride.  Love the B7 blue that is rarely seen.  Wheels look great as well :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69rtse4spd

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 10, 2012, 05:19:32 PM
Sweet looking ride.  Love the B7 blue that is rarely seen.  Wheels look great as well :cheers:

I agree.  :2thumbs:.

471_Magnum

Love the B7. Good looking ride.

I'm not sold on the Magnums though. I expected them to have a deeper dish. Still waiting to see some Rallyes.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Wookie316

Great looking Bee man. Can't wait till spring to get mine out again.

1971 Plum Crazy SupeBee. 400 bored and stroked to 511, 727 spinning a Dana 4.30

Iron Chef

Quote from: Wookie316 on December 12, 2012, 12:43:40 AM
Great looking Bee man. Can't wait till spring to get mine out again.

Thanks.  That's one sharp Bee in Plum Crazy.  I still have some work to do on the interior.  I'm putting in PW and PDL, a custom center console with gauges and maybe new seats.

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: Iron Chef on December 10, 2012, 03:37:20 PM
If I had my way, I'd have a power bulge hood with no insert at all.

Really looks good!   :2thumbs:  If you want I could help you with the hood issue (although my hood is a 73 hood)!  I have been looking for an R/T hood for my car!   :lol:  You are a few steps ahead of my project....but close to the same color.

bill440rt

Sweet!  :cheers:
I'm running those tires as well, I'm really happy with them.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Iron Chef

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on December 12, 2012, 07:24:07 PM
Really looks good!   :2thumbs:  If you want I could help you with the hood issue (although my hood is a 73 hood)!  I have been looking for an R/T hood for my car!   :lol:  You are a few steps ahead of my project....but close to the same color.

Thanks.  Normally I'd be tempted but I JUST got this one done and the thought of pulling it off the car, shipping, putting the new one on then another repaint just makes me weak in the knees, but I appreciate the offer.  :2thumbs:

I think I'm going to put the stripes on after all.  They really do belong there.

I have some really killer plans for the interior too.  :icon_smile_big:

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!