News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 underhood magazine pictures

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, December 17, 2012, 07:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Looking for any "back in the day" pictures showing an original 1968 hemi engine conpartment. Particularly, I'd like to see the placement of the emission & antifreeze decals. Someone here must have some.   :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

hemi68charger

The emissions decal went between the washer bottle and core support on my '68 Hemi Charger R/T AND I didn't have the hole for the attach screw for the heater hose attach bracket that mounts just above the passenger-side shock tower (as was what was supposed to happen on '68 Hemi-equippped cars - later to be normal for all '69 model years without a/c). I have seen some '68 Hemi-equipped B's with the hose support bracket and some without. You'll just have to go with the mopar forensics of your particular Charger
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mytur Binsdirti

It's been a long time, but I thought that's where the emissions decal went and I just wanted to be sure....and my car does have the hole for the heater hose bracket. Looking through those old pictures, clearly, the p. brake hose was routed through the clip on the back of the intake. Also, check out the non-Bendix caliper in the picture below.  I wonder if that's even a Mopar?  :shruggy: