News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

this is just a clock???

Started by DadsCharger00, December 09, 2012, 10:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

So I have the gauge cluster. Picked it up locally. Looks like it's out of a 70? But this gauge is just a clock right? Just seems odd there's no ach just a clock? Was that normal?

DadsCharger00

DadsCharger00

A383Wing

yup...just a clock in my 70 as well...same one

Bryan

DadsCharger00

Well it's not right for my car. I was gonna practice restoring it.  Have another front panel for it too.  If anybody needs one let me know.

A383Wing

that's a 70 only front bezel...the rest will work in 68-70

if ya wanna sell the bezel only....  :popcrn:

Bryan

DadsCharger00

Ghoste

The tach was standard only in the 66 and 67 Chargers.  Even that clock became optional by 1970.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Ghoste on December 10, 2012, 06:31:06 AM
The tach was standard only in the 66 and 67 Chargers.  Even that clock became optional by 1970.

Clock was standard on the 1970 SE and 500 though    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on December 10, 2012, 06:31:06 AM

yeah thats true  even the upper door / trim pads went too on a base model XH29  i think  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nvrbdn

yep, thats what my 70 500 has. a clock only. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BIGBLCK11

Quote from: tan top on January 10, 2013, 05:04:56 PM
yeah thats true  even the upper door / trim pads went too on a base model XH29  i think  :scratchchin:

Yep, no pads on my XH.  I like it without them. 

squeakfinder

Have the gauges been refaced? They look pretty white. Most you see are brown and rusty looking except for the clock. Or is this just a 70 thing?
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

XH29N0G

Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on January 10, 2013, 05:20:47 PM
Quote from: tan top on January 10, 2013, 05:04:56 PM

Yep, no pads on my XH.  I like it without them. 

No Clock or Tach, just a black piece of paper with a circle and a cross hair like thing in it.  No trim pads.  Don't know what it would be like with them.  Mine was bought to get good gas mileage 3 speed, 383 4 bbl, XH with HD suspension.  Dad installed a vacuum gauge over that spot and asked my mom to keep the needle in the green area when she drove.  Mom said the car was safe because it was good at accellerating into traffic. :lol:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

b5blue

PM me if ya want to sell any of it. b5

Dino

Quote from: squeakfinder on January 10, 2013, 09:17:10 PM

Have the gauges been refaced? They look pretty white. Most you see are brown and rusty looking except for the clock. Or is this just a 70 thing?

The clock is made differently then the other gauges.  On the clock the black was applied first and the white lettering was printed on top of that.  On the other gauges they were first coated white and the black was printed on top of it.  When the metal gauge faces start to oxidize the white turns brown.  The clock has the same reactions going on but the oxidation won't penetrate the black so the lettering stays nice and white.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

squeakfinder

Quote from: Dino on January 11, 2013, 08:15:42 AM
Quote from: squeakfinder on January 10, 2013, 09:17:10 PM

The clock is made differently then the other gauges.  On the clock the black was applied first and the white lettering was printed on top of that.  On the other gauges they were first coated white and the black was printed on top of it.  When the metal gauge faces start to oxidize the white turns brown.  The clock has the same reactions going on but the oxidation won't penetrate the black so the lettering stays nice and white.

Wright. It just looked unusual that all the gauges appear pretty white. Guess the gauges were made the same for all three 2nd generation car's.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....