News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rt on ebay

Started by cdr, December 09, 2012, 08:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mopar1979

Something's strange about this deal :shruggy: nobody is bidding on this

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Current bid of $0.06 is about right  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:

Lennard

marshallfry01

Wtf??? Whoever did that to that car should go to hell. That's terrible.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

hawkeye

why would some take every piece off the car that had any value and not try and sell the chassis for more than scrap?  the owner knew all those parts had value and carefully stripped the car.   there is more to the story than what they are saying.

GordonGriggs

I suspect that the ebay seller kept annoying the scrap yard owner to sell him the car. The scrap yard owner agreed to sell him the car but only after cutting it in half.

About 15 years ago my neighbor found a 70s challenger in a scrap yard and wanted to buy it. The scrap yard owner said he would have to cut it in half before he could sell it. Even then their would be no title or paperwork with the car. My neighbor did not buy it.

F8-4life

Sad to see a great car suffer from ownership of a moron.

F8-4life

I think a good idea for this car is take the rear half, bury it tail end to the sky and plant flowers in the rear window area. You could paint it up like the general for added stares, would be a great convo piece.

marshallfry01

Or you could make a limo out of it  :yesnod:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

hatersaurusrex

NOTE: WE RESCUED THIS CAR FROM A SCRAP METAL YARD AND PAID A PRETTY PENNY TO DO SO.  THE STORY IS THAT A GUY WANTED TO SCRAP THIS CAR AND COULD NOT FIT IT ON HIS TRAILER SO HE DID ONE CLEAN CUT RIGHT IN HALF AND TOOK IT TO THE SCRAP YARD!!! I KNOW IT IS UNBELIEVEABLE!!

If it's unbelievable, then dont' believe it.  The other option is to be a sucker.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

A383Wing

seller's photobucket account name is "garymendy" (ya beat me to it)

why does that sound familiar?

Bryan (no fender tag pic that I could find)

F8-4life

If it's unbelievable, then dont' believe it.  The other option is to be a sucker

^^ now thats some damn good advice

RCKSTR

10 hours, a roll of mig wire and a flap disc and you'd have a very nice start to an R/T build  :2thumbs:

Homerr

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 10, 2012, 12:20:22 AM
10 hours, a roll of mig wire and a flap disc and you'd have a very nice start to an R/T build  :2thumbs:  *

*Requires much more sheet metal work such as frame rails, floors and ever single piece of a Charger except dash, e-brake pull, windshield, windshield upper trims, and one half of a rear spring hanger.

Looks like originally a light gold car.  Check out the previous floor and trunk repairs, this car had a rough life.

Ghoste

A real RT no less.  Its only a rebody away from a magical transformation.  I think Gary has the username "Moparmendy" on here.

RCKSTR

Quote from: Homerr on December 10, 2012, 12:40:06 AM
Quote from: RCKSTR on December 10, 2012, 12:20:22 AM
10 hours, a roll of mig wire and a flap disc and you'd have a very nice start to an R/T build  :2thumbs:  *

*Requires much more sheet metal work such as frame rails, floors and ever single piece of a Charger except dash, e-brake pull, windshield, windshield upper trims, and one half of a rear spring hanger.

Looks like originally a light gold car.  Check out the previous floor and trunk repairs, this car had a rough life.

I was just kidding. Whatever tool they used to cut it in half took metal away, If you did weld it back together it would be 1/16-3/16 short, depending on sawzall or gas powered chop saw etc..  ;)

tan top

look at the plate , welded in the driver floor pan  , looks like  the deck lid skin off a green charger with a white bumble bee stripe , was used for sheet metal  :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

skip68

Moparmendy?  I think most here know that name.   :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: from the eBay adI THINK THIS IS A MAGAZINE CAR WAITING TO HAPPEN FOR MOPAR MUSCLE, MOPAR COLLECTOR'S GUIDE OR MOPAR ACTION OR SOME OTHER MAG AFTER YOU GET THIS ONE BACK ON THE ROAD.

Why, what great story does this car really have?  :popcrn: or what could it possibly have?  :scratchchin:

Homerr

The only way I can see this being anywhere near financial viable to do is if you currently have a complete car that is about 3' shorter from being rear-ended.  Transfer all the good parts over and piece this hulk back together along with all the rust repair.  Total the donor car, get (or retain) an R/T out of it.

A front-end would be more costly (more parts to buy), who was the member here with red Charger which was hit?

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Homerr on December 10, 2012, 04:21:45 PM
The only way I can see this being anywhere near financial viable to do is if you currently have a complete car that is about 3' shorter from being rear-ended.  Transfer all the good parts over and piece this hulk back together along with all the rust repair.  Total the donor car, get (or retain) an R/T out of it.

A front-end would be more costly (more parts to buy), who was the member here with red Charger which was hit?

Crap forgot the username but i recall the car was totaled by his insurance and he took the settlement and bought something else.

RCKSTR

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on December 11, 2012, 10:32:44 AM
Quote from: Homerr on December 10, 2012, 04:21:45 PM

Crap forgot the username but i recall the car was totaled by his insurance and he took the settlement and bought something else.

Is it this one?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,94298.0.html

A383Wing

Quote from: skip68 on December 10, 2012, 11:04:14 AM
Moparmendy?  I think most here know that name.   :rotz:

yea..now I remember

Bryan