News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How cold is it where you are?

Started by b5blue, December 08, 2012, 04:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

-4 Friday morning & +56 today. Tomorrow we're going back into the deep freeze.

Tilar

Currently sunny and -6 with a wind chill of -29 and my dumbass dog wants to stay outside. At least he can get in out of the wind and has a big comforter to sleep on.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ODZKing

They already closed schools here tomorrow as the wind chil is supposed to be -25.  Just looked at the wind 21 gusting to 31 right now! And it's supposed to get to +10 of a high tomorrow with winds of 45 mph.   :flame:

Tilar

Same here. I got a text from my boss at 12:16 that we were going to close tomorrow.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Dino

Classes tomorrow are cancelled here as well.  With an expected high of 0°F I'm absolutely fine with that!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on January 05, 2014, 08:34:52 PM
Quote from: Fred on January 05, 2014, 08:12:47 PM
14 degrees Celsius here today (15 two days ago) What a summer.......or rather.......where is summer?

its 30*C up here  we've got your summer

Give it back!   :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

polywideblock

lost it to   :scratchchin: only 25*C and overcast today

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

Quote from: remta1 on January 06, 2014, 02:31:24 AM
shit summer here raining cats and dogs everyday  :flame: :flame:

That's even worse. Is it warm and wet or cold and wet?

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on January 07, 2014, 12:27:28 AM
lost it to   :scratchchin: only 25*C and overcast today

Yes, that's because it's finally heading our way again.  Can't wait. Have a loan of a friend's beach house but no ones venturing into the water or even out of the house.

draftingmonkey

Been in the mid 70's at the beaches in SoCal lately.

Ram07

Old Moparz

Whatever happened to seeing a weather forecast on TV that simply reported weather without trying to make it sound like we're on the verge of a nuclear holocaust?  :shruggy:

This morning I'm sipping my coffee & some nimrod on TV says, "The entire northeast is being subjected to a polar vortex!"  :o

Funny, but I remember 0 degrees & wind only meant you're going to freeze your ass off if you're outside.   :lol:

During the snow storms we recently had, another idiot in a parka holding a microphone was standing in a parking lot free of snow in front of the camera. Apparently, the area his TV station sent him didn't get much snow. As he was preparing his viewers for the frightening snow forecast, I couldn't believe what he said & did, "I'm going to climb up onto this snow plow material" as he simply stepped into a tiny pile of snow about 2 feet high that took up an area the size of 1 or 2 parking spaces.   :o

Snow plow material? Are you kidding me?   :smilielol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ODZKing

:iagree: :iagree:
Quote from: Old Moparz on January 07, 2014, 12:07:51 PM
Whatever happened to seeing a weather forecast on TV that simply reported weather without trying to make it sound like we're on the verge of a nuclear holocaust?  :shruggy:

This morning I'm sipping my coffee & some nimrod on TV says, "The entire northeast is being subjected to a polar vortex!"  :o

Funny, but I remember 0 degrees & wind only meant you're going to freeze your ass off if you're outside.   :lol:

During the snow storms we recently had, another idiot in a parka holding a microphone was standing in a parking lot free of snow in front of the camera. Apparently, the area his TV station sent him didn't get much snow. As he was preparing his viewers for the frightening snow forecast, I couldn't believe what he said & did, "I'm going to climb up onto this snow plow material" as he simply stepped into a tiny pile of snow about 2 feet high that took up an area the size of 1 or 2 parking spaces.   :o

Snow plow material? Are you kidding me?   :smilielol:

Lord Warlock

It has been sitting around 33 degrees outside last night and this morning.  It will supposedly hit the 20s tonight but should warm up to the mid 50s tomorrow, so I can deal with it.  Some of the plants in the yard will suffer from the freeze though, more than likely the large elephant ears in the front yard will turn to mush over the next week or so. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Paul G

The cold spell that is working it's way across the country right now is just average. It has been a while since cold like this has come down from the north, people are freeking thinking it is an extraordinary thing, it's not. Late 70's, early 80's, we were in a similar weather pattern. 6", 8", and 10" snow falls followed by azz freezing cold was a normal winter in the upper Midwest. It SUCKED big time when you had to work out in it.

Enjoy the cold my friends, because this too will pass. Brutal winters were followed by a summer that never comes.

For those of you guys with a little gray, remember back when the "smart people" were telling us we were entering another ice age? I wonder what happened to that ice age we were supposed to be getting?       
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

b5blue

46* today and you should see everyone! They are acting like it's -46, come on guys it's like standing in front of the fridge with the door open not standing at the south pole!  :lol:

AKcharger

high 20's low 30's

Must be cold down there in the lower 48 huh?  :popcrn:

Dodgecharger74

will be about 28  central florida tonight 
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

PlainfieldCharger

We warmed up this morning. It was only -9 below zero. Wind chill warning ended at noon. Wow, with the high of 2 today and little wind it really felt warmer :lol:

The70RT

9 below yesterday morning with a high of 8. 1 below last night and got all the way up to 40 today...a 50 degree temperature swing.....damned global warming!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerman69

-9 today with cold winds, drive throw snow difts on all the back roads on the way to the city kinda fun

69wannabe

It was 5 F degrees this morning and warmed up to about 18 F today. I don't know how ya'll can stand them negative numbers!!!! the 20's is plenty cold enough for me! :yesnod: Last winter here in north georgia we barely dipped into the 20's just a few times but the insects were plentiful in the summer months!! Maybe the single digit's we have had the last couple days will thin some of the insects out for the upcoming summer!! ;D

ODZKing

Here is the best forcast I've heard. Native American Indian weather broadcast straight off of a reservation TV station in North Dakota: Finally, a weather report that doesn't take 10 minutes to explain with multiple graphics and words that you have no clue as to what they mean. This is direct and to the point!

Watch & listen ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8hGIF9FljM

polywideblock

:2thumbs:   

hope you guys are ok over there just watching the news and they make it sond like something out of the day after tomorrow    :eek2:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Budnicks

a balmy 50*f right now, usual for this time of year is 30*f-ish, strange weather we go from freezing pipes & snow to t-shirt weather now, fickled weather for sure, I'm sure the ski resorts just up the hill, are hating this warm spell...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks